Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story: Asylum

LucidElement

***SPOILER*** Ok all, first episode was tonight.. lets hear your reviews and what your predictions are?? Im not sure what I think yet.

I really enjoyed it. It doesn't have the magic that the first episode of the first season had (imo) but I'm looking forward to the rest of it. As for predictions I have no damn clue haha. Most people seem to be curious as to if Kit was really abducted or he has an actual mental illness, I'm not too sure what to guess yet.

• Like 1

Is this the same as the tv show? There's a thread about it in the Paranormal Television section, if so.

Is this the same as the tv show? There's a thread about it in the Paranormal Television section, if so.

Yeah, I was going to post the link. This is the new season of the show though and it's completely different from the first, so I wasn't sure if they should be merged or not.

It was good, dark and f'd up. The crazy scientist with meat eating experiments vs insanely religious wackos is interesting. I have no idea if this is going to be about ghosts or what this time but the dude had his arm ripped off and that chick seen some ghost or monster. I expect that like the last season we will be speculating until the very end.

• Like 1

I didnt like the aliens thing.. No way its going to revolve around Aliens, there is going to be some sort of tie or something to either disprove that, or better yet connect it to something way more crazy. Tate (forgot his new name in this series) is not sick how they made him out to be.. their claiming him to be bloody face right??? but in reality he is not, because bloody face is shown at the end?? its pretty interesting.. also, will adam levine be a re occuring actor or was he a one time deal? arm or no arm lol.

Okay, so we've got a gender reversal of Betty and Barney Hill, What looks like a gender reversal rip of Shock Corridor and a possible nod to The Children's Hour.

Apparently this is going to be the 60's trope season?

I didnt like the aliens thing.. No way its going to revolve around Aliens, there is going to be some sort of tie or something to either disprove that, or better yet connect it to something way more crazy. Tate (forgot his new name in this series) is not sick how they made him out to be.. their claiming him to be bloody face right??? but in reality he is not, because bloody face is shown at the end?? its pretty interesting.. also, will adam levine be a re occuring actor or was he a one time deal? arm or no arm lol.

Was that bloody face at the end? We don't really know. But that could be Tate in presnt day at the asylum. Remember the doctor had the nun out feeding some creatures or people buckets of meat in the woods. They may be the asylum inhabitants and Tate may be one of them. About the aliens not being real, the doctor definately pulled out an implant from his neck and it turned into a mechanical spider. Definately not the tech of the 1960's or probably now. There was no scar on his neck either. A classic abdution case as we know them today. The first episode is whatever though. I bet we will be speculating on everythin until the very end.

^Excellent avatar, love that movie haha.

Yeah, I'm going with that it was an actual abduction because it had all the traits of every story of one. But then again they could be doing that to mislead us and it turns out to be something different. I'm fairly sure that was bloody face in the end but I don't think it's Kit.

I'm curious though, are we supposed to think that there really is a serial killer out there (not Kit) skinning girls? Or is it the aliens (supposedly) that killed Alma and the rest of them?

^Excellent avatar, love that movie haha.

Yeah, I'm going with that it was an actual abduction because it had all the traits of every story of one. But then again they could be doing that to mislead us and it turns out to be something different. I'm fairly sure that was bloody face in the end but I don't think it's Kit.

I'm curious though, are we supposed to think that there really is a serial killer out there (not Kit) skinning girls? Or is it the aliens (supposedly) that killed Alma and the rest of them?

Look what we have here. We got ourselves a mofn' Charlie Bronson! You know that movie? Well that makes us practically related.

Ha, if you know it then you'll get that!

I don't know, I think they said she was skinned clean to the bone. Not positive but it sounded like they were implying uncanny precision if that's the case. One thing I learned from the first season is that more than likely anything you think you know will turn out to be wrong sooner than later.

The jury is still out for me. I didnt even watch a single episode of season one. But I am under the impression this is an unrelated story or a self-contained one with possible insignificant (for first time viewers) tie-ins to season one.

Very weird... this is either going to be rather a stupid story or a half decent one. Its not screaming awesomeness just yet.

The SK subplot is the most interesting one actually. I dont care about the kooky religious director or the mad scientist or the lesbian reporters or the suspected killer who may or may not have been visited by aliens. Intentional or not, it is still abounding with by-the-numbers cliches.

Look what we have here. We got ourselves a mofn' Charlie Bronson! You know that movie? Well that makes us practically related.

Ha, if you know it then you'll get that!

I don't know, I think they said she was skinned clean to the bone. Not positive but it sounded like they were implying uncanny precision if that's the case. One thing I learned from the first season is that more than likely anything you think you know will turn out to be wrong sooner than later.

It ain't white boy day is it? Yep haha, I'd say other quotes but I don't want to get banned. :P

Yeah, I'm trying not to make too many guesses or assumptions for that reason.

It ain't white boy day is it? Yep haha, I'd say other quotes but I don't want to get banned. :P

Yea there were very few lines I had to choose from.

Well, I loved the first episode. I think it's hard for me to dislike anything asylum related. Jessica Lange's acting is superb as always and I think it's set up to have a lot of potential. There's a lot of intriguing characters that I want to learn more about. I think the first season started to die out during the last 3 episodes or so and I really disliked how it ended. I felt like it was just lazily thrown together at the end so I hope this season doesn't turn out the same way.

I'm excited for tomorrow's episode.

I really liked tonight's episode, the exorcism was very creepy. I really want to know what the creatures are that the doctor is keeping outside too. I assume they're his messed up experiments but I want to see them haha.

Wow the language they get away with on FX! I love it! The exorcism was great. The things he said to the nun, wow. The doctor has obvious mommy issues. It's hard to talk abut the show in sum. It's so varied. Part exorcist, part slasher and all psychological horror. I really dig it.