Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO hovers in sky for 5 hours over Scotland

Saru

A family were left shaken after seeing strange lights in the sky near their home for several hours.

An Aberdeenshire family were left terrified after a UFO invaded the skies above their home for nearly five hours.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Some great comments by the family:

'Ritchie's daughter Cara, 27, said: "It was really scary, I’m actually still scared just in case something happens; like the alien invasion in Mars Attacks.'

Love the fact they use Mars Attacks as a point of reference, as if it was a documentary.

• Like 2

If you look close enough you can kinda see the outline/shape of a disk. It has a very very slight red tinge on my monitor.

Can anyone enhance the video colours a bit and post a clearer version?

Love the fact they use Mars Attacks as a point of reference, as if it was a documentary.

It wasn't?! Well darnit, I have to rethink everything I know about aliens...

• Like 3

Some great comments by the family:

'Ritchie's daughter Cara, 27, said: "It was really scary, I’m actually still scared just in case something happens; like the alien invasion in Mars Attacks.'

The Internet is playing with my emotions today. First I see people giving penguins that suffered the consequences of an oil spill little coats for warmth since their feathers were drenched which increased my faith in humanity.. now I see a 27 year old referencing "Mars Attack" like it's legitimate which has now diminished my faith. God dammit.

• Like 1

The Internet is playing with my emotions today. First I see people giving penguins that suffered the consequences of an oil spill little coats for warmth since their feathers were drenched which increased my faith in humanity.. now I see a 27 year old referencing "Mars Attack" like it's legitimate which has now diminished my faith. God dammit.

Go look at some cat videos on youtube and it will make you feel better :)

Works for me all the time!

• Like 2

Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Richard Taylor, who has not seen the video, said: "We have no way of knowing what aircrafts were around that area at that time." I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS COME-ON IN EVERYONE ALL ARE WELCOME !

Go look at some cat videos on youtube and it will make you feel better :)

Works for me all the time!

I would, but I need to watch my Internet usage. :(

..to google images!

I wonder why she kept going to back to bed. Cara's boyfriend sounds like a real winner hiding behind the door to grab a smoke.

I hate to be boring, mundane and prosaic, seeking rational answers. Nevertheless, I shall ...

Are there mountains in the direction of the lights? Could the lights have been from vehicles, torches, fires etc on those mountains?

• Like 2

They are Department of Works and Pension drones. Looking for benefits cheats out partying.

• Like 2

5 hours in the sky and no calls to the police? Seems like they made this up. Why wouldn't you call the police unless you wanted to cover up your hoax.

• Like 1

5 hours and thats the only, best video?? please lean against a tree or something.

• Like 1

I agree with Cpl599, Why didn't anyone call the police, and if it was there for 5 hours, Why were there no other reports of the sighting? Do I believe in UFO's? Yes I do, I've seen them..but too many hoaxers make it hard for others who have not seen one to believe they actually exist.

• Like 1

Yeah, the vid is interesting, but something is fishy about this, especially as someone already said, apparently NO-ONE called the police or reported a similar sighting over the so-called 5-hour period.

I was hopeful at first, but I have to call hoax.

If you look close enough you can kinda see the outline/shape of a disk. It has a very very slight red tinge on my monitor.

Can anyone enhance the video colours a bit and post a clearer version?

agreed.

very interesting

I wonder why she kept going to back to bed. Cara's boyfriend sounds like a real winner hiding behind the door to grab a smoke.

and is it your firmly held belief that UFO's should only pop up around the homes of intellectual, politically correct kewl people?

what those martian bastids gone and done here! :w00t:

I agree with Cpl599, Why didn't anyone call the police, and if it was there for 5 hours, Why were there no other reports of the sighting? Do I believe in UFO's? Yes I do, I've seen them..but too many hoaxers make it hard for others who have not seen one to believe they actually exist.

what you are guilty of here is asking questions, and when you see no obvious answer (to you) you assume there is no answer and the whole thing is a myth.

your logic is a little flawed, I think

Here's a blowup near the segment where one object moves off to the right.

It's hard to determine anything with this video without anything to reference other than the lights. It would be helpful if stars, trees or something were also there to at least indicate these objects are in the sky. Inconclusive from my standpoint, and disappointing that only one minute is available on the video. Maybe something longer is available on Youtube, I have not searched yet.

scotishufo_zps330413ac.png

you assume there is no answer and the whole thing is a myth.

Actually, there is an answer. My answer is that it's a hoax.

your logic is a little flawed, I think

I would say, questioning a video with valid questions and concerns (5 hours and no other witnesses or police calls?) is infinitely more logical than believing everything you see on the internet.

Edited by Cpl599

On the car lights comment, I would say that is exactly what it was. One car is parked and the other ones r passing it by on an over pass