Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Patterson/Gimlin bigfoot film re-examined

Bionic Bigfoot

Neanderthals developed around 800,000 years ago, and died out about 20,000 years ago, right? And wasn't Homo Erectus wandering East Asia more then 1 million years ago? And hasn't there been at least 4 glaciations since 1 million years ago? Thus, there have been at least 4 times when Alaska had a land bridge to Asia and there were hominid apes in Asia at the time. So, I think there very well could have been time for such evolution. Though it is just an opinion.

I should have qualified that with " I personally believe..."

It's theoretically possible, sure, but again, we're just left with ideas and possibilities, no evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for bigfoot to be real. I would be awesome and revolutionary. We just need more than blurry pictures and tv shows where grown men walk around hooting in the woods to back up these claims.

Yeah, but that one of the things that make me wonder if it is real or not, think about it, in 1967 when this was shot would a hoaxer thought to make it a girl Biggy?

I think not.......I think not.

And no, it's just my own speculation and proof of nothing more than my own speculation.

I should have qualified that with " I personally believe..."

It's theoretically possible, sure, but again, we're just left with ideas and possibilities, no evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for bigfoot to be real. I would be awesome and revolutionary. We just need more than blurry pictures and tv shows where grown men walk around hooting in the woods to back up these claims.

No Problem. I just like to discuss. As I said in my first post in this thread, I am very certain that the P-G film is a hoax, and admit that bigfoot has no evidence and is only a very remote possibility, as far as being real.

The TV shows with men Hooting in the woods crack me up too.

• Like 1

I've read on a blog that a Bigfoot hunter (MK Davis) came across a 3 feet giant salamander in the same area and unfortunately mistook it for a large fish. I tend to believe him because he found it while it wasn't his first intent, and correct me if I am wrong but it happens more than sometimes in Biology : "Finding something nonetheless interesting while looking for something else".

Here's a bigfoot costume that was created and used nearly 10 years after the Patterson film and for TV. Even a child should be able to see the differences between a costume like this and what was seen in the Patterson/Gimlin footage.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ue0pnEDY-U&feature=share&list=PL6E8DD08AB77BF848[/media]

In the show they weren't striving for realism

• 2 months later...

This film got my attention again recently. I think it's real again and there's no reason not to believe it in my opinion. As the story goes, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were just strolling along and suddenly Roger saw the Bigfoot and then Bob looked. They didn't report any signs of Bigfoot being there before seeing. Most people call Roger the liar, not so much Bob. Roger died on his death bed claiming it was real. Bob Gimlin still to this day claims it's real. I think it was the real deal and I assume that Bigfoot probably disappeared shortly after. In my opinion that's like hitting the lottery. Obviously in my opinion, a lot of people are going to call them liars because they stated before that they both thought Bigfoot is real and told the World that they were going to look for it and film it! It makes it easier to fool everybody. The foot was the only thing that bothered me, but science says it works that way. It was a sandy and dirty foot. I'll go oops if I'm wrong.

Edited by kampz

Just wondering, but who of any of us know for sure what RP said on or before his death bed?

"It's fake, for gawds sake! Tell the world it's fake! I can't live with it any more!"

"There, there Roger. You don't know what you are saying. Just calm down.There there..."

That's true about how could I know that for sure unless I was with Roger or Bob 24/7. He obviously didn't admit it to everybody on Earth.

How do you know Bigfoot doesn't appear and disappear without the help of mushrooms? I know because evidence and history suggests.

Edited by kampz

That's true about how could I know that for sure unless I was with Roger or Bob 24/7. He obviously didn't admit it to everybody on Earth.

How do you know Bigfoot doesn't appear and disappear without the help of mushrooms? I know because evidence and history suggests.

No harm intended: All I asked was "How do we know what/if he ever confessed?"

I agree, bigfoot having a disappearing act, makes as much sense as any, considering the stories we have that lack hard evidence. But for me, I approach it from a different perspective, one that doesn't include an animal with the talent of disappearing/reappearing out of thin air and defying the laws of nature.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Another thought is if you busted Bigfoot back in 1967, the general public had no idea what to think it should look like. Bigfoot looks different in most reports.

No harm intended: All I asked was "How do we know what/if he ever confessed?"

I agree, bigfoot having a disappearing act, makes as much sense as any, considering the stories we have that lack hard evidence. But for me, I approach it from a different perspective, one that doesn't include an animal with the talent of disappearing/reappearing out of this air and defying the laws of nature.

I understand. I did that to before and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't work that way. I can assume Bigfoot existed all day and everyday back in 6,000 BC or something, but it doesn't mean it happened.

Edited by kampz

Is the camera giving off the illusion of Bigfoots head morphing? The top of the head to be more exact. The cone shape appears and disappears. I don't know. I need sleep.

Edited by kampz

This film got my attention again recently. I think it's real again and there's no reason not to believe it in my opinion. As the story goes, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were just strolling along and suddenly Roger saw the Bigfoot and then Bob looked.

No, they had spent days looking for Bigfoot in Six Rivers. It was not an accident that they happened to find one.

As far as realistic ape costumes existing in the late '60s, consider '2001' (1968).

I've read that many moviegoers didn't realize the 'apes' were actors in costume.

Personally I find 'Patty' completely convincing except for being impossible.

post-55116-0-61957000-1357000347_thumb.j

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

No, they had spent days looking for Bigfoot in Six Rivers. It was not an accident that they happened to find one.

Ok What I meant was they told enough people what they were doing and a general idea of the location they were searching at too. I don't know without a doubt that it was an accident.

Personally I find 'Patty' completely convincing except for being impossible.

I do as well. In my opinion it isn't impossible. I'm just assuming if the film is true. I always changed my mind on it.

Edited by kampz