Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smoker or Non-Smoker?

orangepeaceful79

I always forget how smoking threads make me feel like a bad person for smoking.

I hope it's not my fault :cry:

*Hides under table*

I always forget how smoking threads make me feel like a bad person for smoking.

Hey it's your choice! Your body, your money. No one should feel judged about a life choice, cos it's their life, their choice. :)

There's alot of choices up there....my word of the day is.....choice fool.gif

• Like 4

Hey it's your choice! Your body, your money. No one should feel judged about a life choice, cos it's their life, their choice. :)

There's alot of choices up there....my word of the day is.....choice fool.gif

Aye, aye! I respect people's choices.

It's just that I don't want to think I'm hurting the people around me I care about with second-hand smoke (Eg. my children if I had any).

I never say anything when someone is smoking around me.

I can't stand the smell of the smoke, though.

Anyway, my choice is to stay cigarette smoke free.

:nw: The choice is yours, as is mine.

Edit to add: :nw: X2, hope no one is offended by my chronic ranting!

Edited by Mnemonix

You can't beat a good shag (even a halfzware one).

:lol: Oh my word...lol... When a guy says that over here, it has a whole new meaning !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

My house is smoke free as two family members have asthma.

My house is smoke free too.. and I am a smoker.. I hate smoke in my home and in my car.. I have two kids.. I will not expose them to my smoke...

Growing up as a kid, my dad was the smoker and he never smoked in our home... I think it is only right never to have smoke around any child or non smoker ...

• Like 2

I smoke. Constantly. I'm smoking right now.

Nothing better than smoking while you drink.

First of all..Camel cigs make me puke..I feel they are they are too strong...I can't bare to look at the picture..I just get reminded of that horrible time puking over just one !!

When they banned smoking in pubs and night clubs over here.. I thought that it was going to be most awkward having a drink and not being able to smoke... I went clubbing and found myself drinking all night and I forgot to go outside to smoke lol ..I didn't miss them..I still got drunk though

Edited by Beckys_Mom

First of all..Camel cigs make me puke..I feel they are they are too strong

When they banned smoking in pubs and night clubs over here.. I thought that it was going to be most awkward having a drink and not being able to smoke... I went clubbing and found myself drinking all night and I forgot to go outside to smoke lol ..I didn't miss them..I still got drunk though

I hated when it was banned in bars here, but now I'm all for it. I'm happy to go outside to smoke, most places have patios now anyway, and when I get home all my clothes don't reek of smoke. I also smoke a hell of a lot less when I'm out.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

smoker.. of.. 22 years.. I'll quit one day.. when I stop enjoying smoking :)

choice gold for me is my brand.. though I dont mind the odd B&H..

Used to smoke cigars but they became a bit pricey..

hmmm actually thinking about that, I am back in the mines and the coin is good sooo.. I think I might go visit the tabacconist today and get some before i fly back to work :)

oh yeah like bec's mom I dont smoke inside etc..

and if I am at a friends house that smokes and smokes inside I still go outside to smoke..

• Like 1

I hated when they band it in bars here, but now I'm all for it. I'm happy to go outside to smoke, most places have patios now anyway, and when I get home all my clothes don't reek of smoke. I also smoke a hell of a lot less when I'm out.

I always smoke outside, hidden away from everyone.. It is like my own private spot...I enjoy it for a few mins then I am right back inside...wash up and ready for whatever else needs doing

I remember long because they banned it ..I used to crave more sitting at a computer... When we had to go outside.. my craving went down a notch !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

IMG_1973.jpg

Smoker, over 12 years. Outdoor only. I like my smokes like I like my women, short and wide (Camel Wides).

Edited by RedSquirrel
  • Like 1

My house is smoke free too.. and I am a smoker.. I hate smoke in my home and in my car.. I have two kids.. I will not expose them to my smoke...

Growing up as a kid, my dad was the smoker and he never smoked in our home... I think it is only right never to have smoke around any child or non smoker ...

Same here - my kids don't even know i smoke. I don't in my car or in my house. I'd probably get the same lecture from them that some posters are giving the smokers in this thread.

Smoker, over 12 years. Outdoor only. I like my smokes like I like my women, short and wide (Camel Wides).

Woot for the W I D E S.

Same here - my kids don't even know i smoke. I don't in my car or in my house.

I love ( and prefer ) the nice smell of lavender the moment you walk into my house.. I wash my floors with the stuff.. I also light a few scented candles.. I could not allow smoke in my home around my kid and my good furniture.. *shudders*

I'd probably get the same lecture from them that some posters are giving the smokers in this thread.

I love it though.. The irony sticks out like a sore thumb... They love to lecture and judge you for smoking.. but hate it if you dare to judge them

South Park took the p*** out of this guy ( can't recall his name ).. He was fat and unhealthy.. he never stooped eating junk food.. He couldn't walk the length of himself, and when he tried to talk, he had to stop and take a quick breath.. YET he was b**ching non stop about dangers of smoking... while stuffing his chops with fried chicken lol ... It was a fun episode ..It was showing you how so many will ruin their own health but willing to preach at others for the same thing. IRONY you just love it !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Well I use to be a smoker for nearly 22 years. Quit a little over a year ago around August of 2011. So I'll call myself a ex-smoker.

Anyway, I use to smoke little cigars. Main brand was Captian Black, sometimes Swisher Sweets as a alternative if I couldn't find my favorite; always liked the sweet cigars over cigerettes.

Funny thing is, I got a large collection of lighters out the ying-yang now and I'm not that big on collecting things. Never figured on that happening.

If I knew back then what I know now and the health problem's it causes I would not have started smoking...

Everyone that I know I give them lecture's/tell them not to smoke, even though I smoke myself...

I would give anything to be able to stop smoking...

I have been smoking 21 years so far, started when I was 16

Edited by Jackofalltrades

But I quit three or four weeks ago.

I'm surprised that you don't know down to the last second when you last had a smoke ...... I thought that's how it was with new ex-smokers!

Are you doing anything in particular to help stay off them? And are you eating more? That's a problem for some people, isn't it?

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 30 years. I finally quit in February of 2012 (8 months ago or so). Mostly, it got to the point where I could no longer afford my habit. (camel lights)

I actually substituted my cigarette habit with an e-cig! It's been wildly successful for me! I even have a pack of Camels sitting in the console of my car and never even think of trying one, there simply no desire to do so.

The e-cig uses a battery, a small 1.9ml tank and atomizer. I add some liquid to the tank that's made up of vegetable glycerine, a small amount of propolene glycol (this ingredient is actually in asthma inhalers) and a limited amount of nicotine (about equal to what's in a light cigarette, but it's not absorbed as well as when it is delievered as a water vapor so you don't get a much nicotine).

NIcotine in and of itself isn't really what's harmful in cigarettes... the tar, cyanide, carbon monoxide and nicosamides are what's dangerous in cigs.. e-cigs eliminate all that.

The brand I use is the x2 Volt Smokeles Image ecig and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's saved both my wallet AND possibly my life too. And I LOVE not stinking, and I love being able to "smoke" in my house and nothing catches on fire, leaves a mess or stinks! WooT! And e-cigs taste AWESOME! I'm puffing on a flavor right now that tastes reminiscent of black tea with caramel. Technically it's suppose to be a tobacco blend, but it tastes like tea to me. My boyfriend puffs on one that tastes like coconut mint (he also likes whiskey flavor! LOL) I urge people to try them if they're available and ask me questions about them if they are curious! I've made myself somewhat of an expert on e-cigs over the last 8 months. LOL

The one I have is pictured on the right--it's significantly larger than a regular cig, but I got over that after about 10 minutes of using it! I also have cig sized ones, but I rarely if ever use them. The batteries don't last long enough.

The device pictured on the left is what's called a Variable Voltage Modification. the battery is HUGE and for most people would last 2 days without charging, even for the heaviest user. It has a switch on the side that allows you to turn the voltage up or down to maximize the flavor in the liquid and control the amount of vapor produced. Maybe one day I'd like to try one, but mostly, the smaller Volt on the right does the trick for me. The flavor and vapor production is excellent.

18e598a9-4319-3399.jpg

Edited by MissMelsWell

I used to smoke 2 packs a day. Marlboro. In addition to smoking...other stuff. I quit once for 3 years...started back up when I met 2nd wife. Quit again but I cant remember if it was 07 or 08? I forget. Vowed not to become one of those militant ex smokers. Im ok with it.

Edited by The Mule

On and off smoker for 11 years, favoured Marlboro Reds once I was old enough to buy my own. Quit just before my 23rd birthday because my bf hates smoking. That was in February, haven't smoked since

• 1 month later...

I do smoke, when i feel anxious, alone and when i'm drinking coffee!! I am not an inveterate smoker. I tend to control it and not let it control me! :yes:

Edited by CuriousGreek

I managed to get through the peer group pressuse when I was younger and didnt take up smoking until I was about 24-25ish. All my friends smoked(like about 30 of them). I only started later because my girl friend smoked and to be honest it made the effects of heroin kick in more. I think maybe because it speeds up the blood circulation, I'm not sure. Anyway so I smoked and used everyday for about a year and a half. When I realised I was going to be a father though I quit both before he was born and I havent done either since. Thats coming on ruffly 12 years ago now.

Not trying to annoy any parents out there(honestly this is just a question)but dont you want to live longer for your children? If you thought you might get cancer when you child is only a few years old, wouldnt that be the saddest thing for them? To lose their mother or father. I dont understand how anyone would wish to keep smoking if it could shorten your life with your kids.

Oh and to the smokers who do go outside to smoke, can you do us non smokers a favour. Dont stand near the bloody doors when we're trying to go into shopping centers. I really would rather not have to push through the smokers who are generally holding their cigarettes at eye level height to my kid. So if you are one of those people please go far far away where my kid isnt going to be forced to see it, breathe it or potentially wear it. And yes this does happen. I had a girl walk into me once and she put her cigarette out just above my voice box, so I would hate to see what damage that would do to an eye.

• Like 1

Oh I forget about that part. When I did, I smoked winnie blues. (Winfield Blue)