Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smoker or Non-Smoker?

orangepeaceful79

I've been smoking solidly for twenty-two years and not once have I regretted the decision.

I'm well aware of all the dangers including the tar clotted insides and lung cancer.

However the good ole cigarettes keep me calm,cool and collected.

And you need to when one crisis pops up after an other.

Btw my general smoking place is in the yard because I don't want the dogs to suffer from passive smoking.

In fact every since the smoking ban was enforced it has to be outside or not at all.

I've not even got the guts to do one in a toilet.

Btw my preferred brand would be Benson and Hedges.

However usually it's the better value Sterlings.

I'm too lazy to roll cigarettes up and I think they are inferior anyway.

20+ per day for 50 years. I was medically forced to give up nearly 4 years ago. I could still garrote my Granny for a ciggy though!

I started smoking when I was 13. I am 42 now. I used to smoke a pack and a 1/2 a day, but 2 years ago I cut it down to 5 smokes a day. I smoke Pall mall light 100's (actually they call them Pall mall blue 100's now)

I do not smoke, but I have been trying to for years......

Lies....Smoking for about 5 years now, chewed before that.

Maybe a half a pack a day, if at home, maybe 4 a day....

I do not smoke around people that do not smoke, and we do not smoke in our house.

Brand :

Whatever is on sale......Usually Pall Mall Blues, or Camel Wide.

Edited by Sakari

Fooled around with smoking since a teenager. Smoked only 1 cigarette at a time socially. Never bought cigarettes for myself, got it from friends if they smoked.

I tried that recently and I can't do it anymore. One full cigarette tastes OK, not a problem smoking it. But I feel awful for at least a day with headaches, coughing and breathing problems. I already have allergies and it may be turning into asthma.

I smoked Camel lights (and the occasional pack of cloves) for about 15 years. The only thing I got outta University was a cig addiction. lol I quit about 6-7 years ago now. I still like the smell of the smoke though.

Why is there a taboo about Camels?

I get funny looks and insults whenever I smoke them or just for holding the packet.

Their something on the lines of me going to a smoking shelter on the far side of the moon.

Tbh I think Marlboro's are more pungent but all American cigarettes are the same.

Adrenalin is probably an other reason I smoke them.

I've been accused of faking the habit but I assure you it's genuine.

Edited by Medium Brown

• 2 months later...

I love ( and prefer ) the nice smell of lavender the moment you walk into my house.. I wash my floors with the stuff.. I also light a few scented candles.. I could not allow smoke in my home around my kid and my good furniture.. *shudders*

I love it though.. The irony sticks out like a sore thumb... They love to lecture and judge you for smoking.. but hate it if you dare to judge them

South Park took the p*** out of this guy ( can't recall his name ).. He was fat and unhealthy.. he never stooped eating junk food.. He couldn't walk the length of himself, and when he tried to talk, he had to stop and take a quick breath.. YET he was b**ching non stop about dangers of smoking... while stuffing his chops with fried chicken lol ... It was a fun episode ..It was showing you how so many will ruin their own health but willing to preach at others for the same thing. IRONY you just love it !!

The character was Rob Reiner. Definitly a fun episode.

I've been smoking for coming up on forty years and I still really enjoy it and have no regrets. I do about a pack a day unless I'm slamming some beers.

I quit Marlboro medium 100s a few years back when I looked up the list of chemicals in them (hundreds) and changed to a natural native blend that although still bad for me, is the less of two evils and definitly tastes better. I plan to smoke till the day I die

lebanese brand here called cedars

i smoke a pack a day , on bad days that may be subjected to extensions :D

Btw I'm still wheezing away on the Sterlings!

I use to smoke but i stoped when a pack of cigarettes went to 5 bucks.

Here in ny a pack of cigarettes are now 10 dollars

I use to smoke but i stoped when a pack of cigarettes went to 5 bucks.

Here in ny a pack of cigarettes are now 10 dollars

That may be more expensive then 20 joints.....Crazy.

Marlboro lights forever but make my own for the last year and a half. 70¢ a pack on average or 2 1/2 cartons for about twenty bucks. Use a Tops crank machine. Filters and all. Too convenient. Never ending smokes on demand. Never have to go to the store for more. No chemicals either though, I think. I buy bags of Cris Cross pipe tobacco.

70 years old and still smoking, I think they blame to much on the smoking, when there are so many other things that cause asma ,heart diseases and cansers. No matter how one dies we will all be gasping for that last breath. Now they are even blaming kids ear infections on smoking, or that every one dies from second hand smoke, oh gee give me a break.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

I usually only smoke when i drink,though i will smoke a whole damn pack when i do drink.Brand of choice camel full flavor goes great with whiskey haha.I do not care to live forever, i have enjoyed the last 29 years of my life if i get 30 more years i can/will die with nothing but good memories.Another 10 or 11 years in my profession 20 years of rest will be good with me :lol:

I quit 2yrs ago in Oct after 26yrs, although I wasn't really a heavy smoker I could easily smoke 10+ B&H a day, it was far easier than I expected quitting, sure breaking the habit was the hardest, but the actual physical withdrawal wasn't even noticed.

70 years old and still smoking, I think they blame to much on the smoking, when there are so many other things that cause asma ,heart diseases and cansers. No matter how one dies we will all be gasping for that last breath. Now they are even blaming kids ear infections on smoking, or that every one dies from second hand smoke, oh gee give me a break.

hallelujah !

where do i sign in strong agreement ?

hallelujah !

where do i sign in strong agreement ?

I not say smoking is good, but gee they are blaming to much on it. My kids, and my grand kids had ear infections. My old Doc said the antibotics can`nt fight the bugs anymore, the bugs got to strong, not from any smoke. In the old days the cure was to blow smoke in the ear. Any one remember that ?

I used to smoke, it's been a while since I've quit I can't remember exactly how long but over 2 years I would have to say. My brand's were Du maurier's and belmont's.

macdonald special regular used to be export a green. was smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day, down to about 2 or 3 a day and using a nicotine inhaler as im trying to quit.

• Like 1

Started smoking when I was 11, smoked on and off until just before my 23rd birthday. Before I could buy them, my brand was anything I could get :P and after, Marlboro Reds

Smoker that wishes to be a non smoker.

I've been a non-smoker for 34 years. I had a two pack habit back then. Tried to quit many times, may different ways. Finally found a way that worked for me. I let myself have a cigarette every time I wanted one but I would say to myself: I don't want to smoke, I don't want to smoke this. All the while smoking. I guess I brain washed myself. Anyway I was smoking less and less until I realized I had stopped.