Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maya Glyph Shows Lance-Tongued Lizard-Birds

NatureBoff

I was astounded that these people were wonderful enough to have recorded this information for us. You can see the *ends* of the wings as flapping, whilst in reality imo the lizard rib-extensions are fixed and the 'hands' are used for the rapid kinetic motion for power. The bio-luminecsence is clearly defined in a beam, which comes from their tails and reflected off their bodies. The blood-draining lance tongue would be directed to their eye for instant and easy death if the person didn't respond quickly enough. The glyph shows the lizard-bird dircted at the man's throat, an easy misatke to make imo. Four thousand years ago mankind experienced and understood the beasts better than we do today.

Inspired by Gian J. Quasar's book 'Into The Bermuda Triangle'. Highly recommended.

post-94765-0-54288100-1350907788_thumb.j

Edited by SunnyBlues
  • Like 1

Where did you get this info from then mate?

A book, as mentioned above in the OP. Check it out. Oh, and years of personal research and speculation of course. Edited by SunnyBlues
  • Like 1

A book, as mentioned above in the OP. Check it out. Oh, and years of personal research and speculation of course.

And not an ounce of evidence.

Surely, you are not implying that these were real animals, are you?

Lance tongued lizard bird... that sounds like the original description of the Chupacabras when it was first being reported down in Puerto Rico...

Clearly a Reptilian Airborne Vampire Hydrax

or, perhaps,

just some crazy **** somebody carved into a wall at some point.

I was astounded that these people were wonderful enough to have recorded this information for us. You can see the *ends* of the wings as flapping, whilst in reality imo the lizard rib-extensions are fixed and the 'hands' are used for the rapid kinetic motion for power. The bio-luminecsence is clearly defined in a beam, which comes from their tails and reflected off their bodies. The blood-draining lance tongue would be directed to their eye for instant and easy death if the person didn't respond quickly enough. The glyph shows the lizard-bird dircted at the man's throat, an easy misatke to make imo. Four thousand years ago mankind experienced and understood the beasts better than we do today.

Inspired by Gian J. Quasar's book 'Into The Bermuda Triangle'. Highly recommended.

Tikal_TeobertMaler_Berlin.jpg

It's a photo of a Mayan relief at Tikal in Guatemala, discovered by Teobert Maler. It was taken to Berlin, but disappeared during the second world war. It may portray the events that caused the Maya’s ancestors to flee their legendary homeland of Aztlán or Tulan (both mean ‘place of reeds’). It shows an erupting volcano sinking into the ocean, a crumbling temple-pyramid, the creation of tidal waves, someone fleeing in a boat, and a person drowning.

• Like 5

Well, at least you can't accuse him of having lack of imagination, lol.

I dont see the lizard??

• Like 3

I dont see the lizard??

No one does, only SunnyBlues.

But he's a visionary, so you gotta respect him.

Hell, he may be your next president !!

No one does, only SunnyBlues.

But he's a visionary, so you gotta respect him.

Hell, he may be your next president !!

I hope so. At least we'd have one heck of space program. :)

• Like 4

Lance tongued lizard bird... that sounds like the original description of the Chupacabras when it was first being reported down in Puerto Rico...

Very interesting Mantis914. Can you give any specific report/article examples please? I'd love to hear them.

Tikal_TeobertMaler_Berlin.jpg

It's a photo of a Mayan relief at Tikal in Guatemala, discovered by Teobert Maler. It was taken to Berlin, but disappeared during the second world war. It may portray the events that caused the Maya’s ancestors to flee their legendary homeland of Aztlán or Tulan (both mean ‘place of reeds’). It shows an erupting volcano sinking into the ocean, a crumbling temple-pyramid, the creation of tidal waves, someone fleeing in a boat, and a person drowning.

Excellent work Abramelin and thanks for the detailed artwork. Yes, I think it does also show the destruction of their temples by natural causes and someone fleeing in a boat. Note that the 'three fingers' shown by the drowning man and the angry looking fish is also a cryptozoological reference.

The thing just above the head of the man in the boat is most probably a burning rock thrown out by the volcano. It also looks similar to the Mayan glyph for Venus or Star.

The fish is just a fish, the drowning man's hand is just that: a hand.

• Like 1

Note that the 'three fingers' shown by the drowning man and the angry looking fish is also a cryptozoological reference.

Is that suppose to make sense? Anyway the drowning man has 4 fingers.

I think its a women, long hair and eye lashes. But isn't that some sort of Prehistoric fish at the bottom?

I think its a women, long hair and eye lashes. But isn't that some sort of Prehistoric fish at the bottom?

Why? Does it look really old to you??

You were thinking "Coelacanth", right?

It's just a fish, any fish.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

All I see are several volcanos spewing noxious gases, smoke and ash, and a man in a boat who is breathing in said gases and smoke. I don't see any sign of a flying lizard at all. Where are the legs, head, eyes?

You might as well conclude that the man is reaching for the paddle to get that carnivorous, man-burrowing, turtle out of his back.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).

Wikipedia: Earthquake light

An earthquake light is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon that reportedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions. Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Nagano, Japan (which occurred from 1965 through 1967) that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence.
Earthquake lights are caused by an unknown mechanism
Edited by SunnyBlues

You're "volcano" explanation doesn't make sense. Why is the presumed volcanic ash pictogram on it's side, just infront of the man's face then?! An earthquake explanation is better, no volcanoes needed imo. It's common knowledge that earthquake activity gives rise to 'earth light' phenomena (which is alarmed lizard-birds taking to the air imo).

It makes perfect sense, it even looks just like a volcano, not some fictional lizard-bird you've pulled out of thin air.

maybe that's meant to represent a speech bubble coming out of his mouth? As in, whenever the priest leads you to this pictograph, he imarts the sacred words until the bloke in the canoe.