Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is PMS a Myth?

Q-C

And if you had a choice between breaking your leg ,and a shot in the nards,which would YOU choose ?

dddddduuuuhhhhh

Aggressive messages.

Oh well it is a full moon lol.

Aggressive messages.

Oh well it is a full moon lol.

You asked the exact same question with child birth,just following your lead ......Ergo,you are aggressive and susceptible to full moon changes,but don't even know it . *titters*

I remember a section in one of my Anthropology courses while in college, there were several papers we read where the authors stated that PMS is a culture-bound syndrome, and it is not experienced by women in non-western society. I always figured that all women experience it, but those cultures don't see it as acceptable and therefore there's no mention. I can state for a fact it is real, and has only gotten worse after having three children!

I remember a section in one of my Anthropology courses while in college, there were several papers we read where the authors stated that PMS is a culture-bound syndrome, and it is not experienced by women in non-western society. I always figured that all women experience it, but those cultures don't see it as acceptable and therefore there's no mention. I can state for a fact it is real, and has only gotten worse after having three children!

bolding is mine

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Isra. "No mention" does not equal "non-existent".

I can state for a fact it is real, and has only gotten worse after having three children!

My mother said as a teen she never suffered much from it or heavy cramps .. But after having 3 kids, it got so much worse...

I was the opposite.. I suffered more before having kids... After I had my kids.. I am not feeling it as bad,and my monthly's do not last as long either... It really does vary amongst women

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I usually never comment in this type of thread, but I'll say for damn sure when "that time" comes, if you're a guy in a relationship....do what she asks. I'm sure I'm going to get hell for saying that. :innocent: I'm a dude and what men whine about in a month, I can sympothise for a week. Cause if you don't.....God help you.... Just my opinion.

Edited by TwilightSilver
  • Like 1

Women are not like men.

If you go and work in an office full of women you'll discover gossiping, lying, back stabbing, bad mouthing, spreading rumours, obnoxious behaviour, aggression and all kinds of cheap manipulation tricks being used.

Women are the weaker sex so instead of direct confrontation they choose the underhand methods to get what they want. When you pull a woman over her bad behaviour you'll either get the crocodile tears (which are quite frankly pathetic) or the excuses such as pms.

Its easy to see through such instances because her bad behaviour would have led to her gaining something. I've seen it all you wont convince me pms is real.

me thinks you just like the attention, saying sh** like that! lmao.......I think you may have been REALLY hurt by a woman in your life. :passifier: poor baby!

I usually never comment in this type of thread, but I'll say for damn sure when "that time" comes, if you're a guy in a relationship....do what she asks. I'm sure I'm going to get hell for saying that. :innocent: I'm a dude and what men whine about in a month, I can sympothise for a week. Cause if you don't.....God help you.... Just my opinion.

Smart man! :tsu:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you are being serious, I'd find a new home for the cat. For your and mostly for the cat's sake. If PMS had me physically harming a pet or person in my home, I'd run for help.

I'm being serious, not trying to put down your girlfriend, Unseen.

She's my wife now,LOLNo offence taken,Me and the cat leave the house together and come back late when she is asleep. and share the fish I catch,Even if I have to start up the grill at 3am,she really isn't that bad because she is getting older and her aim is bad,LOL.She is now into throwing watermellons and/or smashing them like that food clown Galagar.But it's like I do not try to push her bottons,still Lets say I've been fishing quite regular lately Like really,But hey No matter how much she gets mean during her time I still love her,I remember coming home one day and there were police out front of the house,and yes it was that time ,someone came to the back door and tried to break in,Needless to say she beat that person close to death and I mean close to DEATH,I think he called her the B word and the next thing he knew was what it felt like to be hit with a cast iron frying pan,poor guy tried to run and then got shot in the butt,she put that man in a coma for 6-7 months because after she shot him she went to work on him again with said frying pan,I was told by police that they found her sitting on top of him covered in blood on the phone with the police,They were afraid to get close to her.Thank the lord I wasn't there,I would have killed the dude,she had mercy..You should have seen the look the police gave me,I think they were scared for me.LOL Still she is and always will be the BEST MOM.Friend and Wife a man can have and her love for me is endless even though I suck caca sometimes,so a little PMS is alright with me,LOL.
  • Like 1

Unseen dear, that has to be one of the funniest and sweetest stories I've heard in a long time! :w00t:

• Like 1

Unseen dear, that has to be one of the funniest and sweetest stories I've heard in a long time! :w00t:

And its true.LOL I give her all the space she wants,even if it's not that time .
  • Like 1