Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you had to pick a religion or convert...

Clarakore

If you are an atheist and you had to pick a religion which one would you pick?

If you are already part of a religion but had to convert to another then which one would you convert to?

Obviously those who would refuse to pick or convert should not post unless they have something very funny to say.

• Like 1

What ever one it is that allows me to come back in my next life as a full horse, preferably Secretariate.

• Like 1

Christianity, i miss my foreskin...

Thanks,

Edited by Super-Fly
  • Like 1

Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable.[1][2][3] Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief.

If you are an atheist and you had to pick a religion which one would you pick?

If you are already part of a religion but had to convert to another then which one would you convert to?

Obviously those who would refuse to pick or convert should not post unless they have something very funny to say.

Hi Chasingtherabbit,

A sort-of real-life example of your hypothetical questions could be paraphrased as follows:

If you are not a member of any club/association and if you had to pick one, which would you pick?

If you already are a member of a club/association, but had to leave and join another, which would you choose?

Chasingtherabbit -- My point is that religion is not a club/association.

That said, many people actually do pick and choose a religion of their choice (or grew up in one), in a somewhat similar way that they may choose to become members of a club or association.

Is there a religion that doesn't have a heap of man made rules and tell's you how to lead your life?

• Like 4

Is there a religion that doesn't have a heap of man made rules and tell's you how to lead your life?

Christianity ... *assuming that* the ideas in the Bible are God-inspired.
  • Like 1

Church of Hilander would be my choice. Everyone would be welcome no matter what planet you were from.

• Like 1

as a christian i would choose atheism. i hear they believe in a omnipresent spagetii monster and have a prophet called dawkins. :)

Breathairian

Many arguments here both for and against religion suggest an entrenched position that a religion is either good or bad. I borrow good things from all religions. I have found that the richer and wider we allow ourselves to explore, the better philosophy for living we can live by. It's when we think we know it all and stop looking that we really lose the plot.

• Like 1

I wouldn't ever assume that is correct.. It does tell you how to lead your life..and is packed with rules..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Many arguments here both for and against religion suggest an entrenched position that a religion is either good or bad. I borrow good things from all religions. I have found that the richer and wider we allow ourselves to explore, the better philosophy for living we can live by. It's when we think we know it all and stop looking that we really lose the plot.

Yamato -- In my opinion, if anyone was to "borrow good things from all religions", such a person subscribes to a philosophy, rather than commits to a belief.

as a christian i would choose atheism.

Oh you Judas lol

Seriously.. even though many will not class it as a religion.. I think you may have *sort of * answered my question... Atheism.. No rules and no one nagging me how to lead my life..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Atheism works great for me!

Other than that........I would choose the religion of me.......that is.....if I get to have all of the special, magical powers that come with the job.......and of course a swell retirement package....

• Like 1

Yamato -- In my opinion, if anyone was to "borrow good things from all religions", such a person subscribes to a philosophy, rather than commits to a belief.

Since I'm describing myself here and not a hypothetical person, it's a philosophy that doesn't commit to nor reject the beliefs of others. People will believe what they do, and I can't presume to know the reasons why. Judging people for believing something different than I do, as if I know better than they, would seem to be the height of conceit. Belief is not knowledge, something those screaming "Prove it!" don't understand. I think that's the more relevant distinction here where philosophy is concerned.

• Like 1

So basically most religions that claim their doctrine came from a deity.

But what about the ten commandments ?

It all comes from one place. So its all good. I want to be a purring kittenism purist . A purring kitten on everyone's tummy at bedtime.

• Like 1