Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Howcan i have a lucid dream almost instantly?

Kevin28

How can i have a lucid dream almost instantly? I have an alarm to wake me up at 4am what are some things i can do so i can have a lucid dream? Just thinking about it doesn't work for me..

Maybe try playing a DVD of what you want to dream about while you are trying to sleep.

I'm approaching the next phase in the whole lucid reaming teqniques thing..

What you need to be doing is questioning reality every day. Make it a routine.. Eventually that questioning of reality will make it into you dreams and then presto, you'll know you are dreaming & it will become lucid..

when i was younger and had my experiences with lucid dreaming i tried various things to make it happen more, one thing i found helped was concentrating on it right before you fall asleep. i would think abouthow im going to wake up in my dream, seemed to work sometimes.

i tried falling asleep while conscious a few times, that was difficult and i only managed to do it once. i found when your about to fall asleep your mind will always wander. thats the point where i try hard to concenrrate o remaining conscious. the one time it happened i felt a strange sensation and then it felt as though every muscle in my body tensed instantly. im guessing that was when my brain paralyzed me so i would

nt act out my dream. the feeling was intense and scary, the pressure on my chest was a little too intense it scared me and i woke myself up.

as

i dont believe there is any way to make it happen instantly, as far as i can tell

Kevink i lucid dream all the time and the most fun and beautiful part of lucid dreaming is i somehow see myself flying in the sky very fast so real so alert i often wonder if I am actually in the real world and not just in the dream world of my own mind. It just takes will power, will power also allowed me to astral project into the real world before. What I do in dreams is that I conditioned myself to look for anything weird or out of place to hint it's a dream and once I know it's a dream, I immediately look up in the sky and i take off very fast like Neo in the matrix. When i lie down, i almost always get a lucid dream from sleeping lying down on my back, I also get that dredded sleep paralysis but I learned to not fear it and know that it's just the sleep paralysis creeping up on me.

The human body is still a mystery and I believe we are actually multilayered multidimensional beings and the physical body is just one of the layers.

The feeling of flying is unlike anything else, I could swear I am going like 400mph just by the speed feel of it.

Ever since having that amazing OBE I had in early 2003 I have been having lucid dreams and other phenomena like somehow calling a person exactly when they wanted to call me and they are like "Wow i was just gonna call you"

Also a technique I use to bring on either the sleep paralysis or the lucid dream is to have an alarm clock keep waking me up every 30 minutes right after i am exhausted from physical excersise, seems that separation is easier after physical body had some good excersise, I can almost guarantee you will get sleep paralysis and or lucid dreams right after you get home from physical excersise and have alarm keep waking you up every 30 minutes.

One time this sleep paralysis episode was so intense I was like "When will i ever wake up from this i try so hard to move my physical body but only some phantom body keeps moving" then when i finally stop trying i physically wake up.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE, Like Einstein you gotta have the mind and imagination of a child, as humans get older ego gets bigger and they don't believe in stuff like this anymore. You gotta Believe.

Edited by ozman

from what i understood about lucid dreaming, it's something that you need to work on to be able to do it.

i could be wrong, but it seems that it's not something you just decide to do one night and blammo it happens.

The reason I want to have lucid dreams more is so I can convert them into a oobe. I have like 1 every 2 weeks or once a month. Maybe these drain me? dream energy? I almost had a oobe once but the fear test got me. I think lucid dreaming is a way to make the mind awake and body asleep.

Edited by kevink

Entering a lucid dream from a waking state takes a lot of practice. I did it once, "accidentally" not too long ago but woke up almost immediately. (Usually I just randomly become lucid or somehow remember my triggers which make me lucid). The only advice I have is to keep practising. When you get into that hypnagogic half dream state keep calm and relaxed, and keep reminding yourself that you are dreaming. It'll happen eventually.

Also it's good that you are waking up around 4 to try it, it seems for me to be easier to lucid dream after a few hours of sleep. Plus your rem stages get longer in the morning. (When I accidentally went in a lucid dream from being awake it was while dozing on the couch in the late morning)

I have had 2 spontanous lucid dream. Its natural state which we discover how to abuse it.

And once something like Astral travel.

Wait for kids. Thats my advice. Periods of unsleep, then sleeping with awaking every 2 hours and be sure you will get one.

Also if you ever worked night shifts and you switch day and night.

I will not say that lack of sleep cause it but something is there.

I've been into lucid dreaming many times and I've figured out how to stay longer. When you feel you're going to be awake, try to be calm and breathe slowly. Sometimes I try to kneel down just to calm myself of being so happy in my dream. I hope this would help you.

Nothing seems to be working though ill try one more thing ill try to look up this stuff tonight I have a alarm to wake me up at 2am 4am 6am and 8am just for tonight last night I tried 4nm and 7am and was to tired to even think about it... Last night I was somewhat tired and watched harrypotter 7 and in my dream I was look at a book hat was harrypotter 7 even though I never seen the real book and wasn't even thinking about it so something is going on there. Anyone have a good link/ free ebook or even a YouTube video about lucid dreaming that I can read/ watch tonight?

And when I get out of body should I prove it to my parents? They don't even believe that I have a 6th sense it's "clear feeling" btw.

Try some Binural Beats and maybe buy Stephen La Berge's book on the subject.

Both have helped me.

Ok thx, but just to let you know I can't fall asleep listening to music. Any YouTube links to some good Binural beats?

And when I get out of body should I prove it to my parents? They don't even believe that I have a 6th sense it's "clear feeling" btw.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it(but that's just me). You see the descrimination of those, here of UM, get hammered with, with the abilities they have. Also, from my understanding, there will be no way to prove it to them.

All that matters is that you know.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I guess I shouldn't btw I have a friend that can do it at will.

But I'm stuck right now :/ btw music like two steps from hell seems to give me a little energy.

I'm not saying you shouldn't... That's completely up to you. My thought was that if they won't believe you about your "clear feeling", why would they believe you about AP? The clear feeling, I can see some one writing that off as "imagination". But for leaving the body, that sounds a bit more "crazy", to some one who is closed off or ignorant to AP.

Your practice will be riddled with peaks and valleys. Mine still is... and I know others' who are, as well. Don't let them bother you, they're a part of any practice. Try to embrace them, and learn patience. It's not a race... it's just life :)

Best of luck.

I just want to be able to do it before I leave high school. And have a lot of provf for my friends. I feel like these lucid dreams drain me.. if I was in control of this I would astral project every night but I'm not getting anywhere right now...