Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Santa’s pipe has gone missing!

Still Waters

:santa:

The poem, attributed to Clement C Moore, includes the line “The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth / And the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath”. It is often accompanied by a picture of Santa Claus smoking a pipe.

Pamela McColl, a publisher and anti-smoking campaigner, has published a new version of the poem which omitted the lines and is illustrated with images of a smoke-free Santa.

“I just really don’t think Santa should be smoking in the 21st century,” she said.

http://www.telegraph...ne-missing.html

Guess Mrs Claus wants him to quit smoking.

• Like 1

Oh Jeeeeezzzzeeeee!

It didn't say "And Santa coughed and lit up a Camel non filter after removing his oxygen mask, wiped the blood from his mucus and took a slight gasp"

I hate people like this. He shouldn't be smoking in this century? He's not smoking like we smoke in this century. How many ppl do you see pipe smoking? That was done as a luxury and not one after the other with additive filled tobacco.

And she's only doing it to promote HER righteousness filled cause, as she states that his weight isn't her problem because he doesn't eat in the story. OMG PLEASE.

Guess what killjoy? http://healthnews.ediets.com/health-topics/obesity-more-dangerous-than-smoking.html Here's an article saying that obesity is more dangerous than smoking and "Both of these modifiable risk factors affect how someone feels on a day-to-day basis, as well as their overall lifespan. While smoking has a larger impact on deaths, obesity has a greater impact on illness and quality of life." but I guess it's all about wtf ever you what to sensationalize to sell books.

I find it very unlikely (as a matter of fact completely unlikely) that some kid is going to start pipe smoking because Santa does it. They might eat cookies and milk though, but just because they TASTE GOOD.

Anyway if we're going by decades, tons of stuff could have killed Santa off in other decades even if he didn't smoke. Lead paint, asbestos, mesothelioma, and let's not even talk about the frigid cold he lives in at the North Pole. Should he have retired to Florida or Spain by now?

God this irks me.

If it wasn't obvious. :whistle:

• Like 3

Oh Jeeeeezzzzeeeee!

It didn't say "And Santa coughed and lit up a Camel non filter after removing his oxygen mask, wiped the blood from his mucus and took a slight gasp"

I hate people like this. He shouldn't be smoking in this century? He's not smoking like we smoke in this century. How many ppl do you see pipe smoking? That was done as a luxury and not one after the other with additive filled tobacco.

And she's only doing it to promote HER righteousness filled cause, as she states that his weight isn't her problem because he doesn't eat in the story. OMG PLEASE.

Guess what killjoy? http://healthnews.ed...an-smoking.html Here's an article saying that obesity is more dangerous than smoking and "Both of these modifiable risk factors affect how someone feels on a day-to-day basis, as well as their overall lifespan. While smoking has a larger impact on deaths, obesity has a greater impact on illness and quality of life." but I guess it's all about wtf ever you what to sensationalize to sell books.

I find it very unlikely (as a matter of fact completely unlikely) that some kid is going to start pipe smoking because Santa does it. They might eat cookies and milk though, but just because they TASTE GOOD.

Anyway if we're going by decades, tons of stuff could have killed Santa off in other decades even if he didn't smoke. Lead paint, asbestos, mesothelioma, and let's not even talk about the frigid cold he lives in at the North Pole. Should he have retired to Florida or Spain by now?

God this irks me.

If it wasn't obvious. :whistle:

Agreed 100 % - this may be the first time we have agreed on something :clap:

Tip.

• Like 1

Agreed 100 % - this may be the first time we have agreed on something :clap:

Tip.

Surely not! :w00t:

Yeah, maybe Santa should be slim and flashing his six-pack, too. I just really don't think Santa should be fat in the 21st century. :rolleyes:

• Like 1