Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

NocturnalWatcher

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.

i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i ur own?

is there an easier way tocontact a demon or spirit?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

Maybe it is just me, but talking to myself isn't that entertaining.

• Like 4

don't waste your money or your time.

there are a lot of ghostly tales attached the the use of the boards, which is the reason it's still for sale by hasbrow or whomever makes it now.

if you want to summon anything, i seriously doubt you need a slab of particle board with the alphabet on it to do so.

if they're out there they don't need a human prop to manifest.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

I've always heard using one by yourself isn't the thing to be doing. A friend and me used one several years ago and nothing happened.

I've seen a ghost and that wasn't scary at all but it wasn't a demon or evil spirit.

• Like 1

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.

i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i ur own?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

You are playing with fire.

• Like 6

You are playing with fire.

I agree, don't do it. I've seen ghosts and demons, I don't scare easily either.

Edited by Wilmeister
  • Like 2

IMO, Trivial Pursuit is much more fun and you learn something!

• Like 3

I played with one as a child .Alone and with friends .it moves . The pendulum was what messed with me quite frankly .It phonetically used to spell out obnoxious replies ,that I certainly didn't think up . You invite it in . It can be benign,or make you a big mess .

• Like 2

You can make your own instead of buying one. My friends and I always used to make ours.

I've never been able to get one to work by myself, personally. It's best to do it with another person.

Years ago I had a board and we used it many times to contact the other side. It is best if used by two people. We would place the board on a table between us or facing each other with the board on our laps. A third person would ask the questions and the answers would come through the board. There have been many times that questions were asked that there was no way we could have known the answers.

One example is my aunt had a friend ( Ella ) an older lady in her 80's who had died several years before this session . Her husband had died many years before her. My aunt was asking the questions and we contacted her friend Ella. After a few questions my aunt asked her husbands name. I had heard her speak of him before his name was Pete. The name Rufus came up on the board. My Aunt like to have fell out of her chair. Come to find out his first name was Rufus and his middle name was Peter he hated the name Rufus so he went by Pete.

There were other interesting things that happened concerning the board.

Be patient when using it... it will move slowly at first and then speed up as you progress.

Best way I found to do it is sit facing each other, place your finger tips on the Plachet lightly and take a few deep breaths, clear your mind. Let a third person ask the questions or if you do it yourself concentrate on the question.

Don't ask stupid question and leave demons out of it.......

I bought a beautiful board on line a few years ago. Shop around. The one I got is hand made with a burnished finish, it has symbols and an incantation on the back to ward off evil.

Good Luck !

Edited by mfrmboy

It can be benign,or make you a big mess .

Well, that certainly explains you, Simbi. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nah, I love you. :wub:

Well, that certainly explains you, Simbi. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nah, I love you. :wub:

Oh....my feelings are hurt. I'm a wounded bird .....*shuffles off with broken wing*

I had an experience as a child whilst playing Guess Who, so I'd say you don't really need to be spending money on something new. I'm not into this sort of thing though so take my opinion as you will.

I'm sure a homemade one will work just as well as a 'branded' one. :yes:

• 3 months later...

I do not advise buying a Ouija board, but if you do, here is some advice.

Do not ask the ghosts you are talking to through the Ouija board to do things such as knock or touch you. That could allow the spirit to come out of the board.

If the planchette makes a figure-eight, moves to the four corners of the board, or counts down, place the planchette on "Goodbye." and do not touch the board. If the planchette makes a figure-eight or moves to the four corners of the board, it means that you have contacted an evil spirit. If it counts down, it means that the spirit is trying to come out of the board.

Do not use the Ouija board if you are sick. Do not use the Ouija board if it's only you.

Spirits can lie, so don't believe everything they tell you.

Be kind to the spirit.

Do not ask about the future.

If you ever decide to destroy the board, do not burn it. Tear it into seven pieces and bury it. Don't throw it away. The Ouija board could come back.

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx
  • Like 1

This is a toy, it does not work, rofl, just "search" this site for a plethora (sp?) of posts talking about the idoemeter effect. If these things did work, Sakari would have been eaten by a Type 6 Balrog Fire Demon long ago....

On a serious note, think about this for 1 minute - these have been sold in the US alone since the 1940's (maybe even earlier) at retailers like Toys-R-Us, Kay-B-hobby, Spencers etc etc, MILLIONS of Ouija boards floating around just this country. They are supposed to bring spirits/demons sometimes good sometimes bad...not 1 not 1 single documented case of ANYONE ever coming to harm via use of a ouija board...?

What does that tell you? It tells you to ignore the people "warning" you of the danger, and buy the toy if you want to try out the ideometer effect with some friends.

Edited by CakeOrDeath
  • Like 1

Don't be tempted. AVOID OUIJA BOARDS.

The spirits they attract tend to be deceitful, angry, and malevolent.

It's never your dear departed grandmother.

If you believe that ouija boards can contact the spirit world, follow my advice.

If you don't believe that ouija boards work, then why are you wasting your money?

The ouiji board is bad because one is not supposed to attempt to contact and communicate with spirits.

I am guessing the results vary but why chance making a mess of your life.

They "work", but as far as I'm concerned, they don't do anything more mystical than tiddlywinks. I did and still do find them fascinating because of the way the human mind and consciousness and our unconscious works, especially with multiple people.

But if you're worried about it or scared of it, just leave it alone.

If your family forbids you from using one or having on in the house or whatever, just leave it alone, you can always try it later when you have a bit more freedom. It's not worth causing problems over.

If you are not HONESTLY objective - if you can't do something without "freaking out" or getting obsessed or whatever, just leave it alone. A lot of people have basically been traumatized, stressed and terrified by the Ouija board, because they weren't able to just approach it objectively as an interesting experiment.

• Like 1

Ouija boards are just toys that you use to freak you're friends out (Why do you think they sell them a kids' toy stores. No really, you can buy them at Toys R Us). I don't see how a little board with letters and numbers on it can summon demons.

That being said...I'd be to much of a wimp to try on out for myself. I say don't waste your money on one and buy something that's actually worth your time, which is literally anything other than a Ouija board.

Ouija boards are just toys that you use to freak you're friends out (Why do you think they sell them a kids' toy stores. No really, you can buy them at Toys R Us). I don't see how a little board with letters and numbers on it can summon demons.

That being said...I'd be to much of a wimp to try on out for myself. I say don't waste your money on one and buy something that's actually worth your time, which is literally anything other than a Ouija board.

Buying a ouija board is indeed a waste of money, one can browse a bookstore, go to the movies, etc.

As far as selling them in kid's stores, well, it was some one's peabrained idea to sell them as toys to begin with. Obviously someone at Parker Brothers misguidely and sincerely believed it would make a great toy for kids. Especially in the light of all the reality television shows built around ghosts, psychics and mediums, and paranormal investigators... no wonder. Just because it is a toy doesnt mean it does not expose users to spiritual dangers.

Someone earlier in the thread stated it quite brilliantly, the unseen spirit world is always deceptive and one should take great care in what kind of information they receive from the unseen spirit world. Or again, reject it all and turn their hearts towards better and more wholesome spiritual guidance than relying upon the unseen and unknown spirit world.

The ouiji board is bad because one is not supposed to attempt to contact and communicate with spirits.

I am guessing the results vary but why chance making a mess of your life.

I think one has a better chance of communicating with spirits if they use psychedelic drugs,than with as another poster said something that can be bought at a toy store.I believe paranormal things can and do happen,but a piece of cardboard from a toy store just isnt one of these things.

Buying a ouija board is indeed a waste of money, one can browse a bookstore, go to the movies, etc.

As far as selling them in kid's stores, well, it was some one's peabrained idea to sell them as toys to begin with. Obviously someone at Parker Brothers misguidely and sincerely believed it would make a great toy for kids. Especially in the light of all the reality television shows built around ghosts, psychics and mediums, and paranormal investigators... no wonder. Just because it is a toy doesnt mean it does not expose users to spiritual dangers.

Someone earlier in the thread stated it quite brilliantly, the unseen spirit world is always deceptive and one should take great care in what kind of information they receive from the unseen spirit world. Or again, reject it all and turn their hearts towards better and more wholesome spiritual guidance than relying upon the unseen and unknown spirit world.

Indeed.

Actually, Ouija boards have been sold at kids' stores for many years. It's not a recent thing.

I agree that the powers of the unseen spirit world could be deceptive and evil, but a Ouija board never has and never will have any kind of connection to ghosts/spirits/demons.

• Like 1