Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
NocturnalWatcher

thinking about buying a ouiji board

123 posts in this topic

Ouija boards have had different forms some existed in ancient times. So, no, it is not simply a game it is a tool used to channel spirits and communicate with them.

Sure it is marketed as a game but it still serves the same purposes as its ancient progenitors of spirit writing or automatic writing. The reason demons are attracted to this mediumistic writing is because the user requests a spirit to divine for them. Divination in any form is expressively forbidden in the Scriptures because one can find themselves entangled with malevolent spirits. IMO, malevolent spirits are the earth-bound spirits, the principalities and powers here upon the earth. Now I am going to go out on a limb here but I believe that celestial angelic spirits can traverse both heaven and earth. But I also believe other spirits God bound to the earth. This form of divination is a dangerous method of access through a user by these malevolent spirits that perhaps will take on any role or personality in order deceive this individual. Maybe they will pose as an ancient wise shaman, maybe they will pose as a dead relative, maybe they will pose as a famous personality, maybe they will pose as someone participated in a famous piece of history, maybe this spirit will divine fortunes and by that ultimately gain captive the will of the user by tickling their ears who become enslaved to their ouija board and its new found host, perhaps somethings will come true and there will be confirmations along the way but it will not lead to a good nor happy end. Atop of that, this could lead to many unpleasant activity in the user's life and their suffering will grow worse and worse that they will require a ministrial deliverance.

Yes, there have been many variations of Ouija boards, but that still doesn't prove that they're a medium/catalyst used by demons. Literally anything could be made into catalyst for demons, hell, I bet even a cup could be used to summon demons! What makes a Ouija board so special? Is it because it has letters and numbers on it? Well then i guess if the spirits wanted to, they could just use my laptop's keyboard right now and type out a message for me. Think about this, why is it that the spirits can only move the planchette when you put you fingertips on it? Why not when I just place my palm on it? The answer is because the only way the planchette will move is if you daintily place your fingers on it so that way YOU will inadvertently start to move the planchette because you're thinking about it moving. So overall, Ouija boards don't really work and just don't ask to speak with a demon in general. (Seriously, why would you do that? That's like wanting to visit Hell itself and then being shocked/disappointed when you see it's full of death and suffering.)

1 person likes this

I never thought ouiji boards were real so they don't really bother me. the thing that bothers me is that people actually think some demon or spirit is going to show up and haunt them yet they still use the board anyway. what?

What it proves, is that the glass is pushed, by the people using the board, not pulled, as it would be if a spirit were involved. This will happen every time.

Just wondering...

Where is it proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the glass? Ouija board communication has not been proven, so how has it been proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the planchett or glass?

Just wondering...

Where is it proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the glass? Ouija board communication has not been proven, so how has it been proven that a spirit would 'pull' rather than 'push' the planchett or glass?

Because people think that spirit has telekinesis power so that they would pull the glass instead of using their fingers like normal people would do.

Personally, I think the board is more like a chat interface (Yahoo, MSN messenger). People concentrate and send the chat using words and voice. The board is like the screen. The spirits send the answer through people's mind, the mind use people's fingers to decode it back into letters.

Yes, there have been many variations of Ouija boards, but that still doesn't prove that they're a medium/catalyst used by demons. Literally anything could be made into catalyst for demons, hell, I bet even a cup could be used to summon demons! What makes a Ouija board so special? Is it because it has letters and numbers on it? Well then i guess if the spirits wanted to, they could just use my laptop's keyboard right now and type out a message for me. Think about this, why is it that the spirits can only move the planchette when you put you fingertips on it? Why not when I just place my palm on it? The answer is because the only way the planchette will move is if you daintily place your fingers on it so that way YOU will inadvertently start to move the planchette because you're thinking about it moving. So overall, Ouija boards don't really work and just don't ask to speak with a demon in general. (Seriously, why would you do that? That's like wanting to visit Hell itself and then being shocked/disappointed when you see it's full of death and suffering.)

The danger lies in simply opening communication with spirits and mediumship through spirits. IMO, earthbound spirits aren't good, malevolent and deceptive and demonic.

Quite simply, a ouija board user can become demonically oppressed and basically have a "mark" over their whole household that entails a whole lotta personal bad luck and tragedy even.

I've never used a Ouja board in my life but I wouldn't reccomend getting one. They're dangerous and I've heard of awful things happening to people who mess around with them. Trust me, don't get one and don't mess with them.

Ouija boards are not something you should be messing with. If you do, you'll find out the hard way why people are afraid of them.

Demons/unclean spirits exist whether you choose to believe in them or not.

Ouija boards are not something you should be messing with. If you do, you'll find out the hard way why people are afraid of them.

Exactly.

Evidence to support this please.

Posted (edited)

I would`nt I `ve read so many stories of how people are possessed by spirits, that would`nt leave them alone. I did once with a friend and as we started playing a minister knock at the door, we stopped hid the board and later threw the board away, sometimes I think that was a sign of don`nt! :cry:

Edited by docyabut2

Hmmmm.... Amazing with millions of these things sold throughout the years that we do not have any scientific evidence of anything really special about them at all.Demons must be shy creatures or scared of scientist :w00t: As i have said before i do not completley discount that spirits could exist energy never dies,but this little piece of cardboard is not the key to the gates of hell some like to believe it is. :devil:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm.... Amazing with millions of these things sold throughout the years that we do not have any scientific evidence of anything really special about them at all.Demons must be shy creatures or scared of scientist :w00t: As i have said before i do not completley discount that spirits could exist energy never dies,but this little piece of cardboard is not the key to the gates of hell some like to believe it is. :devil:

We never had scientific knowledge that the world was round once upon a time, either. In fact, the idea of that was ludicrous. Science hardly has a great track records on getting things right because it discounts so many things immediately. Not to mention all the "theories" science to this day presents as fact without a single shred of evidence.

What you need to understand is that it's not the board itself which is the "key to the gates of hell", it's the fact spirit is attracted to certain energies. Ouija Boards are associated with demons, evil spirits etc. and so most players are playing generating those attractive energies. That's why when some people play them, nothing will happen because they're not expecting anything to happen, it's just for fun, they don't believe anything will happen and therefore they're not generating energies that would attract spirit.

You don't need to buy anything, there's no reason a home made Ouija Board wouldn't function, the board itself holds no power. I made a Ouija Board with a friend when I was around 14 and things did happen.. not just at that time to me and my friend, but we entered into what would be several months of sheer terror, experienced not just by us. There is a real danger just "inviting" spirit into your presence.

Please don't play one unless you are guided by somebody with spiritual knowledge, someone who can protect you.

Edited by The Skater Boy

Why do your fingers have to touch the coin/glass

1 person likes this

Good question, Sards. I think the idea is that the spirits speak through you because they don't have the energy to move an object themselves. It would require an enormous amount of energy for a spirit to move anything on its own. I would imagine the original use of the planchette would be because the Ouija Board was originally released as a children's game and the aim was for it to be used as what it was made for, a game where players intently pretend a spirit has come through. However, as time has gone on, the Ouija Board has gained a reputation for genuinely being able to be used to speak with spirit (particularly those of dark intent) and as I said in my previous post, what you need to understand is that spirit are attracted to energy. If you play a Ouija Board expecting a demonic entity to come through, that thought is going to attract spirits of that nature. Your beliefs/thoughts are very powerful things.

It should also be noted your fingers shouldn't press down onto the planchette/glass/coin, they should only lightly touch it.

Still don't get it. Surely the spirits don't need energy drawn like that. It creates doubt. For sceptics that is

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There will always be skeptics, many of whom who are not prepared to study and experiment with this topic in full depth. I don't understand the spirit world nor science enough to answer your question in depth (I doubt anybody living does) but you need to realise that spirit is simply energy and to move something, make a sound, make an apparition etc does require them to use energy, of which is limited. They're in another world. That's why we're not constantly experiencing paranormal activity because to come here and make themselves known through whatever means not only requires knowledge on their part, but also the energy. Some spirit have much energy, some have very little. Some spirit even feed off of emotional energy, you'd find that many unpleasant hauntings are aroused within highly negative emotive situations.

If you're skeptical about foul play using a Ouija Board my advice would be to play one alone, just be careful and be safe. If you need info on how to do that, don't hesitate to ask me.

Edited by The Skater Boy

There will always be skeptics, many of whom who are not prepared to study and experiment with this topic in full depth.

Try almost 3 years of studying first hand : http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&st=0

2 people like this

I thought there were poltergeists that can move books, picture frames, DVD cases, chairs, tables, even people... at least, that's what all those videos on YouTube would have you believe - and yet no paranormal entity can move a planchette, coin, glass or whatever else that's used with ouija boards?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just wondering...

Think about it this way. The spirit moves the glass, yes? therefore the fingers on top must move when the glass moves. the fingers will have a slight delay in reacting to the movement of the glass. Therefore the glass moves first, and the fingers follow. If this were the case, the stack of coins would lean away from the direction of travel. But they don't. They always lean toward the direction of travel, proving that the fingers are pushing the glass, not following it.

Edited by voiceofreason

Posted (edited)

Think about it this way. The spirit moves the glass, yes? therefore the fingers on top must move when the glass moves. the fingers will have a slight delay in reacting to the movement of the glass. Therefore the glass moves first, and the fingers follow. If this were the case, the stack of coins would lean away from the direction of travel. But they don't. They always lean toward the direction of travel, proving that the fingers are pushing the glass, not following it.

Which fingers? Whose fingers? Spirit's fingers? What differ a spirit pushing the glass and a human pushing the glass? Because a spirit is transparent while a human isn't? Why would a spirit is supposed to pull when he can push it?

Edited by FlyingAngel

Which fingers? Whose fingers? Spirit's fingers? What differ a spirit pushing the glass and a human pushing the glass? Because a spirit is transparent while a human isn't? Why would a spirit is supposed to pull when he can push it?

Your not getting the concept. Try this. Get a friend to put thier finger on a glass. Then, pretend you are a spirit and take hold of the glass. As you (the spirit) moves the glass, your friends finger will have to move with you to keep up. Therefore the spirit moves (or pulls) the glass, and the participants fingers then move in response. The responsive action of the participants fingers (in this case)will cause the stack of coins to lean away from the glass, showing that an external force is moving the glass. Now, if you repeat the experiment, but this time you don't pretend to be a spirit, but are in fact a participant, when the glass moves you will see that the stack of coins leans toward the direction of travel. this proves that the participants fingers are moving the glass and not a spirit.

Your not getting the concept. Try this. Get a friend to put thier finger on a glass. Then, pretend you are a spirit and take hold of the glass. As you (the spirit) moves the glass, your friends finger will have to move with you to keep up. Therefore the spirit moves (or pulls) the glass, and the participants fingers then move in response. The responsive action of the participants fingers (in this case)will cause the stack of coins to lean away from the glass, showing that an external force is moving the glass. Now, if you repeat the experiment, but this time you don't pretend to be a spirit, but are in fact a participant, when the glass moves you will see that the stack of coins leans toward the direction of travel. this proves that the participants fingers are moving the glass and not a spirit.

I know what you are saying. But that will work only if the spirit "pull" the glass. No where says that a spirit have to pull the glass to make it move. It can simply put his fingers on the glass and push it like normal participants do. Now try to imagine that a spirit isn't a species with superpower that can move the glass with its mind, simply imagine that it's just a normal person in flesh and blood, what would it do?

We never had scientific knowledge that the world was round once upon a time, either. In fact, the idea of that was ludicrous.

You are correct. The idea was ludicrous, to blind faith believers that were afraid of falling off the flat Earth.

It took brave " skeptics " to go out and show them ( sail, explore ) that blind faith will never beat facts.

1 person likes this

Same could be argued for angels, whether one believes in them or not is not the principal I am addressing. Just answer the question, why dont scientists study angels?

Why don't scientist take up the study of angels demons?

Try almost 3 years of studying first hand : http://www.unexplain...pic=181521&st=0

Have you tried studying angels too, Sakari?

One has to deduce the supernatural arent accessible to us, but that we are accessible to the supernatural.