Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Child of Bast

'Liking' Facebook virals makes scammers rich

4 posts in this topic

Facebook users who've clicked viral links such as 'Click This if You Hate Cancer' could be in for a nasty surprise.

The links - and others such as 'click this picture and see what happens' do nothing except make cyber-scammers rich.

Once the pages have collected huge numbers of 'Likes', they are then sold, for cash, to other businesses who use them to make their page appear popular.

A blog post by Daylan Pearce, a search-engine expert at Next Digital in Melbourne, explains how the nonsense posts scam works - and shows how the pages are sold on.

Full story

2 people like this

This is why Facebook is stupid.

1 person likes this

Still isn't as bad as the people who put their whole lives up on facebook, including the happenings of people they know/family, and make dumb comment after comment for attention.

1 person likes this

I've never liked (not even clicked on) pages, for which i've seen recommendations, such as ''click here''...i'll like whatever i want to, let alone i was always finding those pages suspicious..!