Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A very strange event just occurred.

White Crane Feather

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I just bought a breakfast sandwich at a bagel shop. Then I went right next door to Starbucks, When I get there, I did not have my bank card. I just used it 2 minutes ago. Signed and everything. I only carry one bank card and no credit cards. I specifically remember pulling out the card and using it. I thought I dropped it so i looked everywhere for it and ask both businesses if Somone just turned it in. Then all of a sudden I remember giving it to my wife last night to buy something...... She never gave it back. I called her to confirm. She still has it.

How in the hell did I just buy this breakfast sandwich?. I'm stumped at how all of this just went down and frankly a little creeped out!!!

• Like 3

Used Cash?

Thanks,

Nop I have the receipt.

"VISA Entry method: swiped "

• Like 2

oooh that's creepy!

so the receipt says you used visa? do you happen to know where your visa card is or was at the time?

is it possible that someone else paid for your stuff with their visa, meaning could the cashier (oops they're called barristas; pardon me lol) have rung it up with someone else's card?

in any case, that is weird!

oooh that's creepy!

so the receipt says you used visa? do you happen to know where your visa card is or was at the time?

is it possible that someone else paid for your stuff with their visa, meaning could the cashier (oops they're called barristas; pardon me lol) have rung it up with someone else's card?

in any case, that is weird!

That's what I was thinking to. But I could swear I gave her my card. My actual card is in my wife's purse on the other side of town, I made her check.

The only thing I can come up with is that I gave them my cost co card or something and in their computer it was ran on the personbefore me's card.

But guess what. ( I'm checking the receipt right now) The recipt has the last four digits of my card, and it's dated 10/26/12 ( I checked. Just in case it was a receipt from another day......)

This gets creepyer by the moment. I'm completely out of explanations.... :( or I'm finally off my rocker...

Edited by Seeker79

Wolf Messing supposedly handed a bank teller a piece of paper with a number written on it, she somehow mistook if for a check that he wanted to cash and gave him a stack of bills. He supposedly was a famous hypnotist. He said his secret was "acting completely normal".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Messing

Edited by WoIverine

Wolf Messing supposedly handed a bank teller a piece of paper with a number written on it, she somehow mistook if for a check that he wanted to cash and gave him a stack of bills. He supposedly was a famous hypnotist. He said his secret was "acting completely normal".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Messing

I would agree actually but I have the receipt right here in stareing at it. And my card is with my wife at work. How???? I only have one card. Even if I did not the last four digits would be different.

At this point I can't imagine what could have happened. I cant get it out of my head.

Edited by Seeker79

Remember swiping it through the machine? Do they have cameras? That would be some interesting tape. Maybe you used an alternate credit card and didn't realize? Maybe you have different cards with the same last numbers and never noticed it before? That's rare, but it happens. Check the online statement of the card you think you purchased the sandwich with to see if it shows the bagel shop transaction, make sure the dates match too. If they somehow rung up your sandwich without the card you think you used, I would probably cancel the card because the shop has logged your card number and account information, that's kind of dangerous.

Edited by WoIverine

Well, the only creepy explaination I can think of is non intentional Telekineses..

The card was "temporarily" Bilocated into your wallet so you could have a healthy breakfast..

But when it came to having a coffee, nup, it was gone..

*shrugs*

Question though... The statement said Visa? But your wife has a bankcard?

That's two different things imo.. Or perhaps it's different in other countries..

That's what I was thinking to. But I could swear I gave her my card. My actual card is in my wife's purse on the other side of town, I made her check.

The only thing I can come up with is that I gave them my cost co card or something and in their computer it was ran on the personbefore me's card.

But guess what. ( I'm checking the receipt right now) The recipt has the last four digits of my card, and it's dated 10/26/12 ( I checked. Just in case it was a receipt from another day......)

This gets creepyer by the moment. I'm completely out of explanations.... :( or I'm finally off my rocker...

at the risk of you thinking i'm going soft again, i gotta say i'm really intrigued by this. i won't go into detail but i've had a similar thing happen once or twice in my life and never did figure it out, but even if i hadn't i don't think you'd make a story up like this.

surprised? ha! my evil plan is working then

My bank card uses the visa network. I checked my account and there is no pending transaction. It was not my card..... How could it have been?

I think it was the person in front of me. I gave some random card, it was buisy she just swiped it fast and gave it back. The previous transaction was not closed out yet, and the persons last 4 digits just happen to match mine. I have had crazy syncronistic events happen before.

Either that or some spooky thought form manifestation. I ll go with the synchronicity... But it blows my mind, the amount of events that had to coincide to make that happen.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

cooool ! you are one creepy duded :D ! i want those powers too ! . .

Aaahhhhh,if I had a phantom credit card ,I would just thank my lucky stars,and go buy a car or two .

Aaahhhhh,if I had a phantom credit card ,I would just thank my lucky stars,and go buy a car or two .

No kidding! Why can't that happen more often? I should been buying something expensive.

No kidding! Why can't that happen more often? I should been buying something expensive.

I would walk into a Lexus dealership ,and try my luck anyway . Something is up astrologically right now.....between now and mid November .

Odd luck for various reasons .

answer 1 If you believe something enough it becomes real You absolutely believed you had your card so it was there when you needed it.

Answer 2 I'm sure youve thought of this but atm i have 2 cards, an old and a new overlapping in useability for a few days until the end of the month. You didnt just get a new card which has been activated? (Doesnt sound like it but perhaps you did have one card for the bagel and lost it, while your wife retained the other.)

• Like 1

I must admit. Eventhough it's possible that someone else used a visa with the same last four digits, the idea did cross my mind that I manifested my card, but that would mean that it should deduct from my bank about.

Haveing the same last 4 digits is 1 in 10,000 coinciding with me leaving my card with my wife, then accidentally without watching which card it is , then some sort of computer malfunction. Those are winning the lottery odds.

It almost seems more plausible that some sort of manifestation did occur. I defiantly only have one card.

I would walk into a Lexus dealership ,and try my luck anyway . Something is up astrologically right now.....between now and mid November .

Odd luck for various reasons .

I believe that! I just came from lunch now (a very late lunch!) and planned on getting two .99 cent burgers from Wendy's. I had exactly $2.09 which wouldn't be enough as with tax its $2.14. I look under my seats in my car and lo and behold, there's a bright shiny nickel under the passenger seat so I pick it up and put it in the coin tray, even hear it clink against all the other change in there and see it sitting there among the pennies (the other nine cents). I get to Wendy's, order, and pay... oops, no nickel now... only $2.09. Granted, its only a nickel but it disappeared... good thing the cashier just waved me by... I immediately parked, jumped out of my car and looked under both seats, checked my pockets, shirt pocket, the nickel was nowhere to be found. <<Scratches head>> :huh:

• Like 1

I must admit. Eventhough it's possible that someone else used a visa with the same last four digits, the idea did cross my mind that I manifested my card, but that would mean that it should deduct from my bank about.

Haveing the same last 4 digits is 1 in 10,000 coinciding with me leaving my card with my wife, then accidentally without watching which card it is , then some sort of computer malfunction. Those are winning the lottery odds.

It almost seems more plausible that some sort of manifestation did occur. I defiantly only have one card.

Check the statement on all your cards, if the previous person paid for you, you might've paid for the person after you. :o

Edited by WoIverine

Check the statement on all your cards, if the previous person paid for you, you might've paid for the person after you. :o

Couldn't have. I did not actually have any usable cards on me. Maby the person in front paid for everybody. That would be a shocker.

You said swipe, so we are looking at an older debit machine. I think you have to look at human or mechanical error first. I'll bet it won't appear on your statement or maybe you took the receipt from the guy ahead of you who had a similar order and you simply walked out with your goods. Maybe you're not allowed back!

Couldn't have. I did not actually have any usable cards on me. Maby the person in front paid for everybody. That would be a shocker.

You know that very thing happened to me this morning when I went out for coffee with a friend. I'm not sure how much the guy left with the cashier, but it was enough for everyone in the line's orders. At least while I was still in there...

• Like 1

Let us know later what it was,which you are going to find out eventually, i hope..And why not talk to that person in the shop...like a weird dude didnt i mean...And as someone mentioned,there's gotta be a camera there..

Let us know later what it was,which you are going to find out eventually, i hope..And why not talk to that person in the shop...like a weird dude didnt i mean...And as someone mentioned,there's gotta be a camera there..

I already checked my account, it's obvious I did not use my card there is no post for it. don't know what else Byond that. I don't think I'm going to check their Camaras. I'm thinking it's just a strange synchronicity.

I have my card back now. It's still bugging me though.