Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A very strange event just occurred.

White Crane Feather

My opinion is that you slipped realities. All realities exist at once, in the same place and time. There can be billions of you in an infinite number of realities. In physics it states that anything that can happen, will. Which meaning in one reality you had the card, and did not give it to your wife.

You felt you had the card in this reality so you slipped to that reality and used it, then your brain caught up with which reality you should be in and slipped back to this one. Is actually not that strange if you think of it in that way. Look up "Reality Shifting" on google.

Supposedly it happens to people all the time, every day. But people who focus on becoming aware of it, and especially those who meditate often, notice it because their mind is less likely to just go with the new information without questioning it.

Edited by SpectralEdge
  • Like 1

I would definitely change that card for a new one, as if it goes funny again it could work the other way,and you could lose out big time.

The only logical explanation is that you used your card...the transaction was delayed...then you lost your card and someone picked it up. Your wife didn't really have your card...she had her card. She gave you your card back...did you recheck the number on the card to make sure it is actually yours and not hers?

I would definitely change that card for a new one, as if it goes funny again it could work the other way,and you could lose out big time.

Hagaha Ill remember that.

The only logical explanation is that you used your card...the transaction was delayed...then you lost your card and someone picked it up. Your wife didn't really have your card...she had her card. She gave you your card back...did you recheck the number on the card to make sure it is actually yours and not hers?

Nope got my card back from her. It's mine alright. The only "logical " expelenation is that the person in front of me paid but also had the same last four digits. Stranger things have happened as unlikely as it seams.

Edited by Seeker79

Nope got my card back from her. It's mine alright. The only "logical " expelenation is that the person in front of me paid but also had the same last four digits. Stranger things have happened as unlikely as it seams.

You got me interested so I looked this up:

Link

For starters, the first digit in the number indicates what type of card you’re dealing with. This number is always a 3, 4, 5, or 6, and can be interpreted as follows:

3 = Travel or entertainment card (e.g., Amex or Diner’s Club)

4 = Visa Card

5 = MasterCard

6 = Discover Card

Visa credit card numbers

For Visa cards, the numbers are 16 digits long. Visa has used to have 13 digit numbers, as well, but those have been mostly (completely?) migrated over to the 16 digit format.

When looking at the balance of the numbers, the 2nd through 6th digits are the bank number, and the 7th-15th numbers are your account number. The remaining digit is known as the “check digit,” which is used to help determine whether or not the overall number is legitimate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might call your bank and ask them about it...but I don't think it is probable...I could be wrong...it certainly is a head scratcher of a mystery.

You got me interested so I looked this up:

Link

For starters, the first digit in the number indicates what type of card you’re dealing with. This number is always a 3, 4, 5, or 6, and can be interpreted as follows:

3 = Travel or entertainment card (e.g., Amex or Diner’s Club)

4 = Visa Card

5 = MasterCard

6 = Discover Card

Visa credit card numbers

For Visa cards, the numbers are 16 digits long. Visa has used to have 13 digit numbers, as well, but those have been mostly (completely?) migrated over to the 16 digit format.

When looking at the balance of the numbers, the 2nd through 6th digits are the bank number, and the 7th-15th numbers are your account number. The remaining digit is known as the “check digit,” which is used to help determine whether or not the overall number is legitimate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might call your bank and ask them about it...but I don't think it is probable...I could be wrong...it certainly is a head scratcher of a mystery.

The receipt only has the last 4 digits. The rest of the number is stared out. 5666 is on the receipt 5666 is the last four digits of my card no mistaking it. I'm sure there are more than 10,000 visas out there so there are bound to be duplicates of the last four digits.

Edited by Seeker79

I like Mr Walker's first suggestion.

I would like to add the possibility that you indeed thought you had your card, the cashier thought so too, as did the machine that locally printed out the receipt, so all three of you were fooled: you, the barista, the cash register, but the transaction did not actually reach the bank.

This would indicate that the digits on your card are somehow actually in your head. Of course the only way to test this is to do the reverse, as if you somehow tricked yourself into thinking the last four numbers were different for example, would it then decline your card, but then if your realized the right numbers then accept the transaction if swiped again?

I can imagine a cashier telling someone to swipe it again but this time visualize in their mind that their account has funds in it, maybe that Lexus would be approved after all Simbi?

• Like 1

ask the cashier or manager if they have any cctv footage of you paying. Hopefully they have a real cctv setup and not just a dummy. your have the reciept and the time if was paid. it would be interesting to see the result

So you should ask the seller right away how the hell you could pay for the sandwitch

I would have... But for probably a good 15 minutes I was under the impression that I just lost it. I was wondering both places with my nose to the ground.,, I did go back and made her check the safe. Just in case someone turned it in. My bank was in the same shopping center... Before calling my wife I was inches away from walking over there and canceling the card. I thought for sure Somone stoll it. The the begal shop and Starbucks are fairly small and literally right next to each other. No more than 20 paces. From register to register. In my mind if an honest person found it they would have turned it into one or the other.., I checked. obviously it was in my wife's purse.

Edited by Seeker79

ask the cashier or manager if they have any cctv footage of you paying. Hopefully they have a real cctv setup and not just a dummy. your have the reciept and the time if was paid. it would be interesting to see the result

It would be... But I'm not going to go that far.

I doubt they would ever agree to show him the footage unless there is some serious thing going on ..

I know coz when my friend's laptop was stolen at the university library they wouldn't let us see the tape .. Only the police had the permission to ask for it..

Somewhere, in a nearby alternative universe, another you is bemoaning the fact that his visa card, which was in his pocket right when he went to get a coffee and a bagel, suddenly wasnt there, but mysteriously reappeared moments later.

This made me think. Money keeps turning up for me in my wallet and elsewhere such as inmy car or at my work. Perhaps some poor/unfortunate me, in an alternative universe, is very careless with his money, and can't work out why $50 notes keep disappearing from his possession.

If nothing else, its given me a great idea for a short story.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 4

Heres a funny thought......At a quantum level, one particle can be at two places at once. Also a popular belief is that if the conscious mind believes strongly enough, it will happen. Maybe you believed so strongly that you had the card that in fact you didnt. So your consciousness created the card physically and then returned back to its normal position.

• Like 1

Somewhere, in a nearby alternative universe, another you is bemoaning the fact that his visa card, which was in his pocket right when he went to get a coffee and a bagel, suddenly wasnt there, but mysteriously reappeared moments later.

This made me think. Money keeps turning up for me in my wallet and elsewhere such as inmy car or at my work. Perhaps some poor/unfortunate me, in an alternative universe, is very careless with his money, and can't work out why $50 notes keep disappearing from his possession.

If nothing else, its given me a great idea for a short story.

Haha imagine if you could control that power. I could keep stealing some other mes mony from a different universe and be quite rich.

Heres a funny thought......At a quantum level, one particle can be at two places at once. Also a popular belief is that if the conscious mind believes strongly enough, it will happen. Maybe you believed so strongly that you had the card that in fact you didnt. So your consciousness created the card physically and then returned back to its normal position.

That crossed my mind. A syncronistic event seems more likely, but i can't be sure what the likelihood of such a thing is. As Somone mentioned Mabey things like this happen all the time, but we are just not aware of it.

• Like 1

lol never a dull moment with you my friend.

I know right!!! My wife and a few close friends have been with me on a few little adventures, everything from digging up buried treasure, finding meteorights, and being randomly "guided" into the desert while taking a pee to find an ancient Clovis point. Life is grand!!!!

Ha Ha your debit card has a doppleganger - check and see if your money really came out of your account! That is freakn awesome :) :)

Ha Ha your debit card has a doppleganger - check and see if your money really came out of your account! That is freakn awesome :) :)

It did not, and I'm glad because that would be too much. I would not have any kind of answer for that.

Edited by Seeker79

Do you remember any details of the person who was in the queue in front of you? Perhaps they were "Paying it forward"?

Also another question, if i may, how many cards or card-like objects do you have in your wallet? Hmmm... this is intriguing indeedy

Do you remember any details of the person who was in the queue in front of you? Perhaps they were "Paying it forward"?

Also another question, if i may, how many cards or card-like objects do you have in your wallet? Hmmm... this is intriguing indeedy

I'm sure I signed for something plus I had a receipt.

I have dozens if card like objects. Costco, medical insurance. SAMs club, a couple of reward cards. Non of them are linked to any accounts with cash in it.

I guess there is a good possiblity in what you said happened, in that, the person in front has a card with the same four digits - there's a maths equation to work out this probability but I'm not the right person to be doing maths. They leave (might have even purchased the same thing, does the receipt say what you bought or just the amount?

Then you've swiped with another magnetic strip card, whipped it back in your wallet, signed the slip and walked out.

Is there a chance the customer before used a Swipe and Pay thingo that you don't even need to sign for and somehow the information was still being connected to the bank which automatically added the cost of your brekkie as the cashier typed it on the cash register? If it was frantically busy I can picture the cashier just whipping the cost on the register and hitting enter with barely a breath between customers.