Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists close to solving 'Matrix' theory?

Still Waters

Or it happened but not as you remember due to a glitch in the simulation.

ive often wondered about this. sometimes i am sure none of this is real. for instance, sometimes i feel like i am not a part of my body, just wearing a kind of simulation goggles or something so im plugged into me lol. but then other times im sure its all here because i can observe it, therefor ive created my own reality. but is that really reality?

ive often wondered about this. sometimes i am sure none of this is real. for instance, sometimes i feel like i am not a part of my body, just wearing a kind of simulation goggles or something so im plugged into me lol. but then other times im sure its all here because i can observe it, therefor ive created my own reality. but is that really reality?

From what I understand of this simulation hypothesis you're not plugged into it, you are a part of the simulation.

If this is simulated ,I want to know why am I not playing Kochanski in the Red Dwarf simulation ?

From what I understand of this simulation hypothesis you're not plugged into it, you are a part of the simulation.

ok, but then what am i?

If the human race is likely to become extinct before we reach the posthuman stage, and we construct a simulated universe with us in it for the continuation of the human race, are we really continuing the human race?

After the bio-humans become extinct, the simulation continues to run. But, the sims can never regain their biological form, they're trapped in the simulation.

The other thing is, would the simulators create the kind of universe we now live in? Wouldn't they create a better universe than ours for our own comfort? Maybe there is only one construction of a universe that is possible for human life to exist in.

On the other hand, the simulators could tweek the human genome for a better fit into this universe, couldn't they?

I think any simulated universe created by simulators would be better than this one. Otherwise, why create a messed-up universe such as ours, or messed-up humans such as us?

The other thing is, would the simulators create the kind of universe we now live in? Wouldn't they create a better universe than ours for our own comfort? Maybe there is only one construction of a universe that is possible for human life to exist in.

This could just as easily be the New and Improved version over their universe. On the other hand, this universe could also be a grade school class project created by some not all that talented children.

• Like 1

I think any simulated universe created by simulators would be better than this one. Otherwise, why create a messed-up universe such as ours, or messed-up humans such as us?

The universe isn't messed up, humans are.

Any program can have bugs and unwanted behavior. Therefore patches exist. If in 12/2012, an meteor hit the earth to wipe out the entire human species, you can call it a patch. Happy?

The universe isn't messed up, humans are.

We humans are a product of the universe.

Any program can have bugs and unwanted behavior. Therefore patches exist. If in 12/2012, an meteor hit the earth to wipe out the entire human species, you can call it a patch. Happy?

I don't necessarily want the human species wiped out, it wouldn't make me happy, but if it happens I don't think it will make much difference to the planet or the universe at large. The human species is going to become extinct at some moment in the future anyway, and our legacy of cruelty and love will vanish leaving no trace. Except maybe for the remembered amusement of the simulators.

Simulacrum 3000. Do you want to visit Earth that was?

Be an eagle in the sky. A dinosaur stomping across the land. A dolphin in the sea. Or a human in any time period from the first dawn until the big blast. Total immersion! A vacation from yourself--You will not remember anything from your life on Omega 7.

If you act now you can try our special 15-day housefly package for only $999.99 You will believe it is real!

• Like 1