Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brainwashed to kill: Is it possible?

Still Waters

In Richard Condon's 1959 thriller the "Manchurian Candidate," a man is brainwashed into becoming an unwitting but deadly sleeper agent. The novel and the films it inspired have long intrigued those who followed the plot, leaving them wondering if it's really possible to turn someone into an assassin against their natural, not-so-lethal will.

"Brainwashed," the next episode of Discovery's "Curiosity" series, puts that premise to the test.

http://theclicker.to...r=1^12=Landing%

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2223571/TV-test-innocent-people-turned-brainwashed-assassins.html

Edited by Still Waters
Added another source link
  • Like 1

there has been a progamm about it, ppl that are in that buissnes, say it is imposible, it is only in the movies. but there is no need, look at islamist radicals, they are willing to kill and die, they are brainwashed since birth. you can also make ppl kill, if their loved ones life depends on i, happened before. kidnapp their family, and they will do anying you tell them so you wont hurt their family.,

• Like 1

Read this report by UNICEF on people killing their own children because they believe they are witches. Is it brainwashing, sure it is. Religion is one of the greatest ways to brainwash people to commit murder. They even use in the army, the whole God and country thing.

http://www.unicef.org/wcaro/wcaro_children-accused-of-witchcraft-in-Africa.pdf

edit.. forgot the link.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 3

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

perhaps you can brainwash a person into believing something, or cause them to be unbalanced or psychotic, and you may be able to plant suggestions, but ultimately that person decides whether they will kill or not.

• Like 1

Siran Siran, RFK's killer, has tried to use this to reopen his case, hasn't he?

You can implant thoughts ,ideas and make your husband do things after they have orgasimed and gone to sleep.

Its because men enter a state of complete and utter unconciousness and relaxation.

All us females know this.

• Like 1

Brainwashed? i would say any form of cultural conditioning that convinces someone that killing is the "right" thing to do is akin to 'brainwashing' .

Any soldier, anywhere, , however good his intentions, has been culturally conditioned to be a killer.

• Like 2

yep .. very very possiable under one condition that the person they need to be brain washed should be stupid

In Richard Condon's 1959 thriller the "Manchurian Candidate," a man is brainwashed into becoming an unwitting but deadly sleeper agent. The novel and the films it inspired have long intrigued those who followed the plot, leaving them wondering if it's really possible to turn someone into an assassin against their natural, not-so-lethal will.

"Brainwashed," the next episode of Discovery's "Curiosity" series, puts that premise to the test.

http://theclicker.to...r=1^12=Landing%

http://www.dailymail...-assassins.html

So, I watched this show on Sunday(?) when it aired. They started with I beieve 116 potential people they were going to test for brainwashing as a Manchurian Candidate. When all testing was done, they only had participant they thought could very possibly be hypnotized into pulling off a murder under post-hypnotic suggestion. He did pull off the assassination (with an Airsoft gun) and apparently he had no memory of doing it afterward. When he told what hed done, he was clearly shaken, really freaked out and somewhat angry.

I was pretty surprised, it did seem genuine. It was an interesting show.

• Like 1

You can implant thoughts ,ideas and make your husband do things after they have orgasimed and gone to sleep.

Its because men enter a state of complete and utter unconciousness and relaxation.

All us females know this.

:tsu:

There are too many examples of genocide, mass murder and massacres. It's easier to brainwash the masses to kill 'en masse', instead of just one person to kill another?

Logic would tell you, no.

The question is, is to take a seemingly reasonable normal individual, and make them commit the most heinous crime, for no apparent motive.

That, is the question.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

yes it is possible. darren brown proved it in his documentory.

Edited by serial slasher

Wouldn't say Derren Brown was definitive proof to be honest. He "predicted" the lottery numbers once, but I havn't managed it yet! Also dont forget he's an ILLUSIONIST.

Anyway, I thought the US were at this in the 60's? I thought they'd admitted they had a sleeper program?

I think it is entirely possible. There are too many examples of things that could be seen as brainwashing people to kill in history to ignore it.

People here have ideas for both sides... but I have seen people blow themselves up to kill others along with themselves. Makes one wonder where from had the mastersminds learned to make them do that. People say that Al-Qaeda used this method in Iraq and from them the Talibans (both Afghan and Pakistani) got the 'technology' of creating suicide-bombers. But how did Al-Qaeda develop or learn it? Any ideas?

Yeah I believe it's entirely possible. There are so many ways to influence and change a persons perception of things.

Edit: And I'm talking about a single person being manipulated. Not religion or something like that.

Edited by Timonthy

Brainwashed? i would say any form of cultural conditioning that convinces someone that killing is the "right" thing to do is akin to 'brainwashing' .

Any soldier, anywhere, , however good his intentions, has been culturally conditioned to be a killer.

As I was reading the other posts, I was thinking the same thing you posted--soldiers are conditioned to accept the killing of another as something that might be mandatory.

Fortunately I ended up in the medical end of the US Army, rather than the infantry end.

We were all trained and conditioned to kill, should the need arise. Fortunately, it never arose for me.

As I was reading the other posts, I was thinking the same thing you posted--soldiers are conditioned to accept the killing of another as something that might be mandatory.

Fortunately I ended up in the medical end of the US Army, rather than the infantry end.

We were all trained and conditioned to kill, should the need arise. Fortunately, it never arose for me.

Good for you Babe, glad you were able to help people.

Nah, there are plenty of killers out-there whom have never been brainwashed.

What happens to the person doing the killing (as a soldier) is also interesting. Some are ruined for life, others go on.

Perhaps it has to do with programming?