Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada

Thanato

The Canadian Navy is to Purchase 4 Joint Support Ships (JSS). Theses ships will Be Replenisher Ships and Transport Ships. They will will be abel to Carry 500 troops plus equipment and be able to carry supplys to replenish other Canadian Navy Vessels.

source

~Thanato

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thanato

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• AztecInca

• Stellar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these 4 JS ships like the British subs they we baught? You know... old, full of holes...?

Are these 4 JS ships like the British subs they we baught? You know... old, full of holes...?

289324[/snapback]

No were designing these, and the Victoria Class Subs are being deployed now.

~Thanato

And how many billions over budget do you think that this will go (gun registry, sponsorship scandal)?

i would estimate around 40-50 million per ship plus all the training, plus the designing, i would estimate that a total of 500 million will be spent on it. But thats just a gues.

~Thanato

Does the canadian navy really require these ships?!

Just seeking info here!

Yes the Canadian Navy requires New Replenishment Vessels and the Army requires the ability to deploy with out assistance from Russia, or the US. But combining thoughs tasks into one vessel would be a bad thing i think. i would say we buy 6-8 vessesls, 2-4 Replenishers and 4 transport ships.

~Thanato

Oh, and Canada is thinking of Purchasing ither a Helicopter Carrier, a Light Fleet Carrier, or both. Since Canada has been out of the Carrier bisnes since the early 70's Canada i think it would be a good idea, Both Vessels would be able to use the VTOL F-35B which is still under development.

~Thanato