Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The new Munsters

Simbi Laveau

So when I saw the first articles about this ,I posted it on Facebook.We all looked at the photo,which is so not the old lovable Munsters ,all of us railed and bashed .

Well the premiere was last night . I watched it,given there was nothing else on .

I fell asleep for part of it ,but I will catch it on one of my net sites. It's a completely literal version of the premise .

. Eddie is a real werewolf. He changes at the full moon ,into a,wolf ,that wreaks havoc .No fuzzy face ,a wolf .

Lily and grandpa are heavy duty vampires. Grandpa is Eddie izzard ,and he's kind of mean and evil . Nothing like the old lovable grandpa. This version is murderous ,and quite dry and matter of fact about it all.

Herman is very open about his being a Frankenstein monster ,and grandpa does an open heart replacement on him , ,quite graphically ,on prime time.

It's much much creepier ,with movie grade special affects.

Portia DeRossi looks amazing with auburn hair . She's not the Yvonne decarlo lily,but shes lily .Just like Angelica Huston was nothing like the Carolyn Jones Morticia ,she was still awesome ,and she was Morticia ,just a diffferent skew on her .

I liked it .will be watching it .

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/10/tv-ratings-nbcs-the-munsters-reboot-is-no-match-for-cbs-on-friday-night.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I'll give it 3 1/2 out of 4. I want MORE!

Me too !

They're hemming and hawing ,as to wether or not it should be a series. I think we should write the network .

I saw something about this, but had no idea the premiere was last night. :( I adore Eddie Izzard. Who is airing it?

• Like 1

I saw something about this, but had no idea the premiere was last night. :( I adore Eddie Izzard. Who is airing it?

One more to go before 500 Lady K? :yes:

Me too !

They're hemming and hawing ,as to wether or not it should be a series. I think we should write the network .

Won't help. We'd need millions of letters and don't think there are millions of members here. The suits have been getting wind of the positive feed-back though, they could move it forward.... *see below*

Actually it premiered a couple weeks ago on NBC.

*Following is the the official NBC stream, you can bet "hits" to it are being carefully counted so share it around as much as possible.

http://www.nbc.com/mockingbird-lane/video/mockingbird-lane/1422032/