Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple capture spooky green figure on camera

Big Bad Voodoo

Compelling...ly ridiculous piece of evidence.

• Like 1

Lens flare, or for the people that disbelieve the lens flare thing, a glow stick.

I'm just confused by the use of the word "spooky" in the description. :hmm:

i'm confused by the word 'capture' in the title of this thread.

i was expecting a little green man in a cage or something. kids poking sticks at it - that sort of thing.

• Like 4

The title of the article used the word "captured" but sadly wrote "on camera" after it. I guess the verb "photograph" isn't popular any more, even in Britain.

• Like 1

i'm confused by the word 'capture' in the title of this thread.

i was expecting a little green man in a cage or something. kids poking sticks at it - that sort of thing.

Now THAT I'd pay to see.

Not a lot, but I'd pay something.

• Like 1

Now THAT I'd pay to see.

Not a lot, but I'd pay something.

how much i'd pay largely depends on whether we get our turn with the stick

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

post-136457-0-83924100-1359120546_thumb.

As can be seen with a few adjustments to the original photo (brightness, contrast + adding a colour filter etc.)

The "little green man" (ahem) is still green. where as the original light source suggested for lens flare shows as an entirely different colour.

This was would suggest its NOT lens flare - lens flare is basically light falling onto the lens which does not directly enter the image recording area (be it frame of film or sensor on digital) and although small changes maybe seen in the colour spectrum of the direct and reflected light (flare) due to lens coatings etc.

I have never seen such a large difference in that spectrum caused by flare.

Having played with the image some more it does appear as if there are 3 brighter globes of light within the beam (notice I didn't say orbs!) giving it an almost traffic light appearance.

However all that said - it does not mean it is not lens flare caused by a different light source which cannot be seen in this picture !

well.....that bedazzled-looking scottish couple from the article could use a good round of stick-poking for this nonsense!

Edited by Jacques Terreur