Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movies with a twist

LucidElement

I love any sort of movie with a twist, horror, thriller, etc. Anyone know any good movies with a twist. I've seen plenty such as CUBE (series) Exam, Nine Dead, Bone Collector, Memento, Fear Island, the mist, shutter island, inception, the list goes onnn.... but anyone know any others??

I heard "The Perfect Host" with David Hyde Pierce, has a good twist. But I can't vouch for it either way, have not seen it.

Ummm,B.itch Slap was amusing. Not horror ,more like The Usual Suspects ,except with girls in wet tee shirts .

Lucy Lawless,Renee O'Connor,Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst ,all do cameos ,which are quite campy .

It was choreographed by the same stunt woman that choreographed Quentin tarantinos Grind House.

There's a seriously sick Japanese one called Cold Fish ,based on a true story ,and if their movies say that,its true .

Cold Souls ,with Paul Giamatti is ...well odd .

I still love The Mad Room ,but its old ,and not on dvd .

There's that other one with Roddy mcdowall and Stella Stevens ,also not on DVD ....I think its called Arnold .

The Manchurian Candidate . I prefer the original to the remake ,but the story is cool.

Feed,with Alex O'Loughlin .

Theres a few good Australian one .Psychological thrillers .let me remember the names .

Iassume you've seen all of peter Jackson's originals . Bad Taste ,Dead Alive ,Meet The Feebles ,Beautiful Creatures ,also based on a true story .

On the Japanese end :

One Missed Call ,The Suicide Club ,Exte ,which literally mocks all the long haired demon girl movies .Tokyo Gore Police ,Audition .

Sometimes old ones ,are the best ones .

Blue Sunshine ,Torture Garden ,The House That Dripped Blood.

Let me think a bit . I have seen sooooo many .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Not a movie but The Outer Limits series. Every episode has a twist.

Just started watching it properly. I remember watching it when I was young but could never remember the name of the show (In fact I thought it was a movie I had seen, turned out to be a movie length episode of this show).

The 90s version is the one i'm watching at the moment, only seen two episodes, so far it's been awesome.

• Like 1

I heard "The Perfect Host" with David Hyde Pierce, has a good twist. But I can't vouch for it either way, have not seen it.

Perfect host was a good movie, I saw it on netflix. thanks for the idea though =)

A Beautiful Mind.

Never saw it coming.

Saw it too, it was a great movie!!! Loved Russel Crow in that movie. Best part its a true story, you can look it up on wikipedia or wherever. He is a real professor who does see those people.

Ummm,B.itch Slap was amusing. Not horror ,more like The Usual Suspects ,except with girls in wet tee shirts .

Lucy Lawless,Renee O'Connor,Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst ,all do cameos ,which are quite campy .

It was choreographed by the same stunt woman that choreographed Quentin tarantinos Grind House.

There's a seriously sick Japanese one called Cold Fish ,based on a true story ,and if their movies say that,its true .

Cold Souls ,with Paul Giamatti is ...well odd .

I still love The Mad Room ,but its old ,and not on dvd .

There's that other one with Roddy mcdowall and Stella Stevens ,also not on DVD ....I think its called Arnold .

The Manchurian Candidate . I prefer the original to the remake ,but the story is cool.

Feed,with Alex O'Loughlin .

Theres a few good Australian one .Psychological thrillers .let me remember the names .

Iassume you've seen all of peter Jackson's originals . Bad Taste ,Dead Alive ,Meet The Feebles ,Beautiful Creatures ,also based on a true story .

On the Japanese end :

One Missed Call ,The Suicide Club ,Exte ,which literally mocks all the long haired demon girl movies .Tokyo Gore Police ,Audition .

Sometimes old ones ,are the best ones .

Blue Sunshine ,Torture Garden ,The House That Dripped Blood.

Let me think a bit . I have seen sooooo many .

Hey simbi, out of all those movies, which one's would you say are more psychological TWISTS? and I never knew peter jackson made movies with twists, horror-thriller stuff?

Hey simbi, out of all those movies, which one's would you say are more psychological TWISTS? and I never knew peter jackson made movies with twists, horror-thriller stuff?

Bit.ch Slap ,then Audition ,which is just horrific,in and of itself . Bitc.h Slap is ,as I said,similiar to The Usual Suspects.

If you've never see The Usual Suspects ,I highly recommend it .

Cold Fish ,is about this creepy guy and his wife,who own a tropical fish store ,but so all sorts of horrible stuff to people ,to stay on top .

Cold Souls is about this new technique where you can remove your soul ,or remove it,and put someone else's soul in your body .

It reduces stress etc. Very odd flick . Paul Giamatti promoted it,by swearing all over the place ,it was a real proceedure .

I just watched something that had a freaky ending....let me...think.....

Also Blood Simple ,and Fargo . Murder kind of stuff,but kick ass endings .

I would add to this,Seven,with brad Pitt . Oldboy is Korean .It's famous for the live octopus eating scene.

I was going to say Infernal Affairs,which is an awesome Chinese cop movie .

The Departed ,is actually a remake of infernal affairs ,except using the Irish mob,instead of triads .

The Departed did it justice ,but Infernal Affairs is much cooler for me. It starts Andy Lau ,and little Tony Leung.

Hard Boiled doesn't have a twist ending per se,but its just twisted throughout .

And The Killer is great .Both star Chow Yun Fat .

I've seen so many ,Chinese ,Japanese ,brit ,its all a slurry in my brain at this point.

There was a cool Korean one,where a serial killer sends the head of his last victim ,to his next victim .That was messed up ,but I cannot recall the name.

Also ,a Korean movie called Antique . Serious twist ending ,but its kind of lighthearted prior .So you don't see it coming at all .It's got funny parts too .

They just showed Diabolique on TCM last night. The original twist ending film.

Most of William Castle's stuff.

Angel Heart.

Not a movie but The Outer Limits series. Every episode has a twist.

Just started watching it properly. I remember watching it when I was young but could never remember the name of the show (In fact I thought it was a movie I had seen, turned out to be a movie length episode of this show).

The 90s version is the one i'm watching at the moment, only seen two episodes, so far it's been awesome.

Most of original series were pretty straightforward. Nearly all of the 90's series where Twilight Zone-esque twist ending though..

Reservoir Dogs

I love the movie, but what was the twist?,,,Maybe I didn't pay it as much attention as I thought..?

Here are a few of my favourite movies with a twist

1 - Psycho

2 - SAW

3 - The Usual Suspects

4 - Signs

5 - Jacob's Ladder

6 - Fight Club

7 - An American Haunting

8 - The Orphanage

9 - The Others

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Jacob's Ladder

A Beautiful Mind

Memento

3 of my faves, highly recommend them.

EDIT: Ooh, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, how could I forget that?

Edited by avs76

Ohhhh,good call . How could I forget Angel Heart . And I almost said reservoir dogs,as its a great flick ,but true ,no twist ending.

There is also a movie called THE OTHER no plural . Old. 80s I think,about Twin brothers . Also the one about the cloned Hitler boys .

What is the name of that one. They clone like 10 babies from Hitlers DNA. Also old . They put each in a home ,and recreat his childhood,including the murder of his dad I think,trying to make another Hitler ,with the same demeanor as the original .

The Boys From Brazil .That's the name of it.

Seven is really good too. It's about a serial killer,who kills all his victims using one of the seven deadly sins. Morgan Freeman is in it too.

Then 8mm I think ,with Nicholas cage .

I just saw a weird one with him ,filmed in new Orleans ,but he films there a lot ....its new though .Like 2011.The sister from Dexter is in it too . Let me find the name . It's pretty messed up .

Here it is ,JUSTICE .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Perfume ! I forgot the movie PERFUME .Also 12 Monkeys ,but I didn't like that one a lot .

There are a few I will check out. Sadly, I've seen like literally every other one that you all have recommended. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Keep them coming if any ones pop in your head. I don't think I've seen 8MM so I'll check that out. I like nick Cage.

There are a few I will check out. Sadly, I've seen like literally every other one that you all have recommended. Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Keep them coming if any ones pop in your head. I don't think I've seen 8MM so I'll check that out. I like nick Cage.

Bet you have not seen 'Laura' (Lynch used it as the basis of Twin Peaks--with a twist!).

Surprised nobody yet mentioned "Sixth Sense"

It's in the video Simbi posted.

A couple more:

Planet of the Apes (the original) - The twist being that he wasn't on another planet but in the future...

The Omega Man - Although the twist was down played in the movie, in the book it turned out that HE was the monster - and they were the new normal...