Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why werewolves give us the willies

Still Waters

Yeah I can get behind that. Because there's something slightly pathetic in zombies, and I guess the true horror is the danger you'll end up just like that.

To be honest ever since I discovered Lovecraft and his cohorts many years ago any other monster has been sort of rendered moot. :P

Favorite Zombie Movies/Shows: Zombie Land & Shawn of the Dead, Dawn of the dead, The walking dead

Favorite Werewolf Movies/Shows: Brotherhood of the wolf, 1087-1988 show called Werewolf

Favorite Vampire Movies/shows: Lost Boys, Salem's Lot, Interview with a Vampire, Vampire Diaries (yeah yeah, I know deserve to be made fun of for this one. Had a good plot though!), and yes, Angel (that was more comic relief than actual drama for me though).

Guess I like a little comedy in my horror. :)

Sure but not fast enough nor built for that to have all fours disconnected from the ground at the same time...

He is faster than the subject of the Gable film and for jumping on all fours try typing "jumping on all fours" into YouTube. Such quadrupdeal movement is even considered to be good training for parkour.

Werewolves don't me the willies but cognitive dissonace sure does...

1087-1988 show called Werewolf

My God, that's a long run for a TV series.

The only werewolves and vampires that give me the willies are the ones from those Twilight documentaries.

• Like 1

Agreed. Werewolves come from Snorzeville.

You wouldn't be snoring if a big wolfman was giving you the willies, I can assure you of that. :)

Linda Godfrey is so sure about the existence of weird walking wolves that she's written a book titled "Real Wolfmen: True Encounters in Modern America." In more than 300 pages, she lays out dozens of stories about sightings of nasty-looking beasts running around on their hairy hind legs. Scientists are unconvinced — but they do admit that humans are virtually hard-wired to watch out for wolves on the darkness.

http://cosmiclog.nbc...-us-the-willies

I think it has nothing to do with real wolves at all.

People watch too many scary/weird movies.

Some become fascinated by them, and then love to imagine they are werewolves themselves (just check this site).

Others think they must be possessed by some evil spirit.....movies again.

Some others think that Reptilians are all over the place.........scifi movies (and it started with the "-V-" series).

I could go on like this for hours, but the message is: movies tend to tickle some people's imagination to a point they actually believe what they have watched.

It's an ego thing: "I want to be an interesting person..... because without this fantasy I am nothing but a common dork".

• Like 1

Werewolves don't give me the willies but they certainly can give me fleas. :cat:

I thought it was supposed to be God who gave us willies? I have to seriously rethink some of my beliefs now.

I remember the kid next door used to call he's pee pee a willie. lol
  • Like 1

Can a man in ghillie suit take off while running on all fours ? That's suspicious. Anyway that's not the first time Monster Quest can't get to the bottom of it. They never seem to exploit rightly their "findings".

I think the guy who made freely saying it is fake is kind of the nail in the coffin for the Gable Film.

[media=]

[/media]

Why should it be suspicious? We all got around on four legs before learning to walk upright...

There are plenty more examples: http://www.youtube.c...c.1.FiPWLloJVsU

I'm going to agree with Night Walker. I've actually run around like that several times playing with kids and a human can be quite fast. Someone in good shape could easily duplicate the Gable Film IMHO.

As long as they don't give us Wet Willys. I hate that.

Damn! I was going to make a werewolf -> wet willies joke, but you beat me by 2 hours.

I think Werewolves are amazing. They don't scare me at all. Things of the sort that were depicted in the Hostel scare the hell out of me...not fantasy creatures.

• Like 1

If I saw a werewolf there would be 1 of 3 outcomes.

1, I'd soil myself and faint.

2, I'd beat the landspeed record.

3, I'd be horrible mutilated and eaten.

• Like 3

I think Werewolves are amazing. They don't scare me at all. Things of the sort that were depicted in the Hostel scare the hell out of me...not fantasy creatures.

What werewolves?

There aren't any.

If I saw a werewolf there would be 1 of 3 outcomes.

1, I'd soil myself and faint.

2, I'd beat the landspeed record.

3, I'd be horrible mutilated and eaten.

That is why everyone should always travel with a friend. So you can kick their legs out from under them and then RUN!! You don't have to be faster then the werewolf, just faster then your friend.

• Like 2

Favorite Zombie Movies/Shows: Zombie Land & Shawn of the Dead, Dawn of the dead, The walking dead

Favorite Werewolf Movies/Shows: Brotherhood of the wolf, 1087-1988 show called Werewolf

Favorite Vampire Movies/shows: Lost Boys, Salem's Lot, Interview with a Vampire, Vampire Diaries (yeah yeah, I know deserve to be made fun of for this one. Had a good plot though!), and yes, Angel (that was more comic relief than actual drama for me though).

Guess I like a little comedy in my horror. :)

If you like humour...check out Fido it is quite warped in it's humour. Gingersnaps us my favourite werewolf movie- another Canadian production.

As to the OP, how many of us find wolves facinating? They are beatiful, smart and like ghosts in the wild. Add to that the human intelligence and cruelty...you have yourself a great combo to scare ourselves silly.

They are beatiful, smart and like ghosts in the wild.

Wow, sounds like Bigfoot! Ergo... bigfoot is a werewolf! Mystery solved... you can go home now Bobo.

Wow, sounds like Bigfoot! Ergo... bigfoot is a werewolf! Mystery solved... you can go home now Bobo.

In a sense bigfoot is a werewolf is a mothman is a yeti is a *insert bipedal cryptid here*

They are all most likely either misidentifications of known creatures or hoaxes. There is no distinction.

If Werewolfs were real I'd simply buy silver bullets.

And hope that folklore is right about this one...

I'm of the opinion that fire trumps just about anything, especially tangible... screw the silver bullets! I'd be packing a flame thrower. Works for vampires, zombies & other noncorpreal monsters. :tu:

If Werewolfs were real I'd simply buy silver bullets.

You can't shoot 'em without a gun. :-P

• Like 1

While I have never seen Bigfoot, I have seen wolves, and they are... beautiful, smart and like ghosts in the wild.

Edited by glorybebe

If werewolves were real, none of us in the US would have to worry at all. Since if they were real, they would have long ago been captured and used by the government. They'd be fighting our wars and killing off our enemies, and kept in fortified military bases when not being used. There could not be so powerful a creature walking the Earth and it be ignored and allowed to roam at will by the government.