Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Keel M.

Does anyone have Samsung's tablet pc? Opinions? My mother wants one for Xmas but has requested I find out if it's any good or not.

I have heard good things of it. I would not go for alternatives like the iPad. It would definitely be the one to go for, Samsung boast that their products are "made for humans" which I definitely recognise where they are coming from after recently acquiring a galaxy s2. I am not sure how technology literate your mother is but this would be a great starting point if she is rather detached from computers.

Also check out the new Microsoft surface. I think it might be coming out for Christmas but definitely give it a peak and le your mother know about it. It looks like it and the release of windows 8 might signal a turning point for Microsoft for the better.

I,ve got one and love it, it,s all I use.Great for downloading ,storing music and movies, and surfing the web.

Any thing you need to know is easily explained on a quick search of the web. The only thing I would suggest

would to turn off samsung installed apps as some run constantly but otherwise your mum will love it even if she

only used it for reading books plus wifi great ,I even got broad band mobile so i can use it in the car and when i go camping.

Thanks for your responses! She just called me here at the office and asked if I'd heard anything yet from my enquiry. LOL So, great timing! Orcseeker, I wouldn't say she's totally detached from computers, but she's not as tech savvy as I am. Not sure I'd want her to jump on anything brand new like the Surface; I'd rather have her using something that's been out a while.

s33ker, she'd mainly use it for reading books, I think. I tried steering her toward just a Kindle, but she wants the option of being able to browse other bookstores which offer ebooks.

Thanks again!

Sounds like her first pick is the way to go then! I'm sure she won't be disappointed. The surface has the windows 8 look about it which is supposed to provide a great ease of use and would be interesting to see how they do in a relatively untouched for a long time by them area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...