Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you choose VirtualReality over reality?

Render

Would you choose Virtual Reality over physical reality?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you choose Virtual Reality over physical reality?

• Yes
    • No

Sure I can. Just as you can claim it isn't real or it is a simulation.

But your claim would not be based on the ambiguous nature of hyperreality but your own grasping at what hyperreality is.

I should have clarified sooner but hyperreality can be ambiguous in nature but it is not dependent on perception as you have claimed. It exists whether you perceive it or not. The fast food burger is no longer real whether or not the person eating it understands what hyperreality is or not.

I also never claimed a lawn is a simulation. It is taking what was originally there and making something new with no actual comparison in nature even if the end product is referred to as nature.

Now take the project occuring by our riverside, they are adding in walking paths but also replanting "native trees" and reintroducing "native fauna". The end product will be a simulation of what was there, that would be a simulation, a lawn is not a simulation, but the end product by the riverside will be another example of hyperreality because it won't be exactly what was there before two hundred years ago before we altered the landscape, the riverside, the riverflow and almost every other facet of the area.

It is all tame and under control not wild and chaotic.

Everyone will claim nature has returned to a small piece of our city but I can see the actual situation for what it is. Trust me I will also appreciate the new area and take full advantage. We already do of the sections open down creekside.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

But your claim would not be based on the ambiguous nature of hyperreality but your own grasping at what hyperreality is.

And yours would be the misunderstanding of a simulation.
I should have clarified sooner but hyperreality can be ambiguous in nature but it is not dependent on perception as you have claimed.
Have you redefined conscious perception too?

And yours would be the misunderstanding of a simulation.

Have you redefined conscious perception too?

I doubt we can further offer each other anything we would consider value but let others read and see who they learned more from. Have a good morning. The new Twilight movie begins in 5 hours and 6 minutes for me!!!

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

Pfff the above lil convo here is a nice example of why Virtual Reality would ge great, i could just preventively delete these events from occuring.

Chasingtherabbit, i hate to break it to you, since you are so overly motivated to try and impress strangers with your "knowledge". You don't fully understand hyperreality yourself. I didn't magically start with agriculture. It started from the moment humans existed and were able to perceive things in their own way, creating their own hyperreality. Or actually, you could say it began from the moment the first living organism came to existence and had to deal with a limited model of reality.

Just like with Google, ppl are more inclined to search for things they are interested in, creating their own world of understanding a limited amount of subjects .. and searching for information that confirms their own bias. This is hyperreality. And this is also not what this thread is about.

You feeling the need to divert this thread to a topic you think you know everything about is a perfect example of creating your own hyperreality.

Edited by Render

Each and every post after the first in that one conversation was a response which requires two. Don't pretend I was dancing by myself.

Unsure why you felt the need to single me out but it doesn't matter. What does is that I am not impressed by your post there stranger.

• 4 weeks later...

Terence Mckenna said he imagined the far future with nomadic tribes of humans, with culture in all its visual broadness visible inside a contact lense