Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Humanoid dinosaurs’ ?

Still Waters

Pretty much everyone interested in dinosaurs, in the history of life, or in such matters as the evolution of intelligence and/or brain size, will be familiar with the various speculations on ‘humanoid dinosaurs’ that have made their way into the literature.

Inspired by new data on troodontid brain size, Carl Sagan speculated about intelligent dinosaurs in The Dragons of Eden (1977) and posed the question: what if non-avialan dinosaurs hadn’t become extinct? If Cretaceous forms were already so ‘smart’, what would have happened given another 60-odd million years of evolution?

http://blogs.scienti...ited-revisited/

• Like 3

if there were inteligent dinosaurs, i dont think they would of got very far from a lack of fossil fuels lol

• Like 5

Dinos that perhaps had language, communicated, hunted in packs and so on sure I can believe it.

We human developed much of our reasoning in order to make up for what we lack in. No hair, so we make clothes, no natural armor, so we sleep and hunt in packs. No claws, so we create tools. We are weak when migrating large distances quickly, so we use horses, and eventually invent cars.

Now if you take a Dino, from what we know, they have armor (scales) they have claws, they can move large distances quickly and so on... So their intellegence would manifest in a different way that we know it.

• Like 1

If there had of been humanoid dinosaurs I bet humans would of not gotten along with them. If they were stronger than us they may of not let us evolve. I'm glad it never happened.

• Like 1

If there had of been humanoid dinosaurs I bet humans would of not gotten along with them. If they were stronger than us they may of not let us evolve. I'm glad it never happened.

They'd probably view us as inferior since they were here longer.

Humans cant even get along with each other!!!

if there were inteligent dinosaurs, i dont think they would of got very far from a lack of fossil fuels lol

Thats because you are convinced that fossil fuel came from fossils.