Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio sets country up for a voting mess

Merc14

For some unknown reason, Ohio decided to send everyone in the state and absentee ballot. Due to a bunch of obscure rules attched to this ludicrous mailing, Ohio may not know for 10 days after the election who won the state. Honestly, I think unless it is a blowout, we won't know till December or January who won the presdientail race and Ohio wil be in limbo for other seats for a couple of weeks, the idiots.

http://www.newsmax.c...11/01/id/462413

If Romney takes Ohio by a slim margin I guarantee you'll see 100,000 democrats crying and screaming on teh TV that they tried to get their vote in but didn''t have a stamp or somethung and really really wanted their absentee ballot to count. We'll suddenly find whole minority neighborhoods that were denied their righ t90 vote because teh absentee ballots they were counting on getting weren't clearly marked and JJ will be in town screaming racism. What a circus.

Edited by Merc14

If Romney takes Ohio by a slim margin I guarantee you'll see 100,000 democrats crying and screaming on teh TV that they tried to get their vote in but didn''t have a stamp or somethung and really really wanted their absentee ballot to count. We'll suddenly find whole minority neighborhoods that were denied their righ t90 vote because teh absentee ballots they were counting on getting weren't clearly marked and JJ will be in town screaming racism. What a circus.

And you don't think that will happen if Obama were to take Ohio by a slim margin?

• Like 2

And you don't think that will happen if Obama were to take Ohio by a slim margin?

It's possible but they'll have the bulk of the MSM against them and it won't get much play and generally the republicans don't play that game even when they should. What do you think? Have you seen this behavior more from the democrats or the reoublicans? Have you ever seen it from the republicans?

Look at Wisconsin, where the democrats tried to mount a recall against ths governor for no reason other than they didn't like his policies. How many recalls of that nature have teh republicans pulled?

For some unknown reason, Ohio decided to send everyone in the state and absentee ballot. Due to a bunch of obscure rules attched to this ludicrous mailing, Ohio may not know for 10 days after the election who won the state. Honestly, I think unless it is a blowout, we won't know till December or January who won the presdientail race and Ohio wil be in limbo for other seats for a couple of weeks, the idiots.

http://www.newsmax.c...11/01/id/462413

Sorry but this is a bunch of ill informed garbage.

NO county in the country offers certified election results election night. NONE.

It takes days to verify Provisional Ballots alone.

THEN all party officials have to review and certify.

There is so much work done during an after election night that must be done prior to certified results.

Actual election results ARE never final as of election night.

Everyone in Ohio was NOT sent absentee/mail ballots. Everyone was sent APPLICATIONS.

from the article in the OP

For the first time in the key swing state’s history, Blackwell says, virtually all Ohio voters this year were mailed an application for an absentee ballot. In previous elections, most Ohio voters had to request an application for an absentee ballot to receive one.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Ohio Voting Count 'Nightmare' Looms

Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Most states send and sent out a document prior to all General Elections that tells the elector their polling place, registration status, districts and a way to request a mail in ballot.

Nibs

• Like 1

Romney will whine too if he loses only by a slim margin and so will the other republicans.

Also, if an individual hasn't received their mail in ballot in a timely manner they are able to request a new one, go to their local election office and get a replacement OR vote Provisionally on election day.

That entire article is fear mongering again. There are very few situations a person can think up that an election office doesn't have a solution already in place to handle.

People need to educate themselves rather than believing all the crap out there.

Nibs

• Like 2

No, I have to agree with Merc, after all wasn't it the 2004 election that was decided via the Supreme Court after the Deomcrats kicked up a massive fuss involving absentee votes and misprogrammed voting machines?

You can't trust those Democrats to win an election fair and square, especially after 2004.

No, I have to agree with Merc, after all wasn't it the 2004 election that was decided via the Supreme Court after the Deomcrats kicked up a massive fuss involving absentee votes and misprogrammed voting machines?

You can't trust those Democrats to win an election fair and square, especially after 2004.

Actually, the entire thing was stupid. Electoral decides president. Not popular. Money spend on the crap about the ballots...well, it did get many counties better machines.

It wasn't miscounting and bad programming. The entire mess was stupidity on the part of humans.

Doesn't make the crap in the article in the OP correct.

Nibs

No it wasn't. Perhaps you're thinking of the 2000 election.

And you can trust Democrats to win elections fair and square, because they do. Otherwise the GOP would have 100% control of the country. Spreading more fear and hate does no good for anyone.

Hanging chads. 'nuff said. I think 2000 is when your party finally went insane leading to the election of Obama which will put you folks down for a decade. Anyways, 2004 for was the dems whining about who owns the voting machine companies. Whining, always whining and they will be crying again 11/6 at midnight.

Edited by Merc14

Sorry but this is a bunch of ill informed garbage.

NO county in the country offers certified election results election night. NONE.

It takes days to verify Provisional Ballots alone.

THEN all party officials have to review and certify.

There is so much work done during an after election night that must be done prior to certified results.

Actual election results ARE never final as of election night.

Everyone in Ohio was NOT sent absentee/mail ballots. Everyone was sent APPLICATIONS.

from the article in the OP

Most states send and sent out a document prior to all General Elections that tells the elector their polling place, registration status, districts and a way to request a mail in ballot.

Nibs

You are right about the applications. Thanks. I don't think it changes anything, though, because now they'll whine they ordered an absentee ballot and it never arrived.

As far as certified election results you are correct but normally we can declare a winner on election nigh and the loser can concede (except AL Gore). If 300,000 ballots are completely missing from Ohio which wi, reportedly be very close (no it won't but that is just me), with thousands more raising hell there will be a brawl and like in 2000 no one will concede.

Honestly, I think unless it is a blowout, we won't know till December or January who won the presdientail race

Techinically you don't know anyway. The ballots have to be counted and verified. It takes some months.