Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carrie (2013)

Bracket

Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, a reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore, Gabriella Wilde, Judy Greer, Ansel Elgort

Release Date: March 15, 2013

Check out the teaser trailer

[media=]

[/media]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bracket

• buckskin scout

• Biff Wellington

• with bells on

i loved the original.. sissy spacek was perfect casting.. this might be alright?..

if they can do a good job of the english language "girl with the dragon tattoo" anything is possible.. (not that the new carrie is the same peops)

Edited by with bells on

Chloë Grace Moretz is a great actor, but if you've seen her in interviews, she is the complete opposite personality to Carrie White. So, I hope she can believably pull it off.

I almost posted this,but it looks like it sucks ,so I didn't bother .

I posted about the new SHEILD tv series too . It's in here somewhere .

Chloë Grace Moretz doesnt fit the role for Carrie White. Sissy Spacek made a perfect Carrie White btw.

It looks atrocious, it looks like typical girl with psychokinetic powers goes on rampage story instead containing all the substance and all the themes of adolescence Stephen King wrote into the story.

I pass! :td:

Chloë Grace Moretz doesnt fit the role for Carrie White. Sissy Spacek made a perfect Carrie White btw.

It looks atrocious, it looks like typical girl with psychokinetic powers goes on rampage story instead containing all the substance and all the themes of adolescence Stephen King wrote into the story.

I pass! :td:

You are really picky about movies. In my three threads I've posted about movies on here, you've had a complaint about each one. And, how can you make that assumption from a teaser trailer that has one image? :huh:

You are really picky about movies. In my three threads I've posted about movies on here, you've had a complaint about each one. And, how can you make that assumption from a teaser trailer that has one image? :huh:

Past experiences of the recent surge of remakes. That has set the bar terribly low. Remakes rank as the worst movies put out in the industry these days.

Past experiences of the recent surge of remakes. That has set the bar terribly low. Remakes rank as the worst movies put out in the industry these days.

Really? Worse than movies released by Troma or Uwe Boll? :huh:

Really? Worse than movies released by Troma or Uwe Boll? :huh:

Those can be bad indeed. But still, I am thinking this film is going to be way over the top with zero substance.

I dont think it is going to faithfully put Stephen King's story on the screen.

Are we going to truly pity Carrie White? Or is she going to be represented as just another ostracized teenage seeking revenge whose only supportive friends are a couple of emo kids or something.

Those can be bad indeed. But still, I am thinking this film is going to be way over the top with zero substance.

I dont think it is going to faithfully put Stephen King's story on the screen.

Are we going to truly pity Carrie White? Or is she going to be represented as just another ostracized teenage seeking revenge whose only supportive friends are a couple of emo kids or something.

Well, the filmmakers have said that this will be more accurate to it's source material that the past two incarnations. Stephen King has also said that he likes what he sees so far.

Well, the filmmakers have said that this will be more accurate to it's source material that the past two incarnations. Stephen King has also said that he likes what he sees so far.

Hmm.. okay, but that doesnt mean that it is going to be a good movie though. I am still doubtful.