Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird!

thump

The other night a friend was over at my place, we were wanting to watch a scary movie, when putting the movie in the dvd player it would play, but wouldnt play voice. It was just muffled when the people talked. So we put in a family type of movie and it played fine. So tried a different scary movie, same as the first one, muffled noise when people talked. We settled for a family type of movie since that was the only type of movie it would actually play correctly.

Two days later, my family and I were out running around town, shopping. Just something to do to get away from the house. All of a sudden my cel phone rang, I answered it thru my ear piece, no response... so I hung up. A few minutes later the cel phone rang again, still no one answered when I said hello. Thrid time the cel phone rang, I looked at my phone to see what number had been calling me, it said " HOME ". This is weird because there was no one at home, everyone who lives with me was with me shopping. I thought maybe the dogs knocked a phone down and hit redial, but that wasnt the case-- I had checked the phones when I got home, they were right where we left them and plus the redial number was to a friend of mine. What do you think this could be? And why? :unsure2:

I recently broke my phone so had to dig "old faithful" out from the kitchen cupboard.

Driving home and went to ring my better half on the home phone, some bloke answered.

Turns out I rang my old house phone which was saved on the phone as opposed to using the sim card memory.

As for the DVD's, have they been played ok before? maybe there a different region thats been picked up or incorrectly marked.

The dvd's have worked correctly except for that night and they are working properly now. It was just that night they were doing that.

The phone thing is weird as well, since no one was home to call my cel phone. All contacts are correct in my cel phone, so it couldnt be a wrong number that called me.. it was my house number which came up on my screen and said " HOME ".

Time to start recording EVPs. On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.

• Like 6

Lol she is cute huh!

I have thought bout recordings, just hadnt had much time for it yet. Maybe soon!

That is strange. Is it a new place or have you been there for awhile?

If you have a decent enough phone you download a sound recording app. There are some pretty good ones too.

.hmmmm,that is weird .I hope you dont have a nasty in the house .

Time to start recording EVPs. On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.

well he doesnt waste anytime :P
  • Like 2

On a side note I want to make love to the demon chick in your avatar.

You and me both.

• Like 1

I have been here at this location for 3 yrs now. This is the first time anything of this nature has ever happened.

I have been here at this location for 3 yrs now. This is the first time anything of this nature has ever happened.

Anything new going on around there. Something that would "stir up ghosts"

Hmmm...weird. Is there anything wrong with the phones at your house? Has anything like that happened since?

The other night a friend was over at my place, we were wanting to watch a scary movie, when putting the movie in the dvd player it would play, but wouldnt play voice. It was just muffled when the people talked. So we put in a family type of movie and it played fine. So tried a different scary movie, same as the first one, muffled noise when people talked. We settled for a family type of movie since that was the only type of movie it would actually play correctly.

Two days later, my family and I were out running around town, shopping. Just something to do to get away from the house. All of a sudden my cel phone rang, I answered it thru my ear piece, no response... so I hung up. A few minutes later the cel phone rang again, still no one answered when I said hello. Thrid time the cel phone rang, I looked at my phone to see what number had been calling me, it said " HOME ". This is weird because there was no one at home, everyone who lives with me was with me shopping. I thought maybe the dogs knocked a phone down and hit redial, but that wasnt the case-- I had checked the phones when I got home, they were right where we left them and plus the redial number was to a friend of mine. What do you think this could be? And why? :unsure2:

Just a thought.. But It might be worth taking this as a message not to watch spooky movies anymore..

I would have gone through every single DVD I had to see if it was the same on other scary / non scary and then freaked out if it was!

As for phones, I think phones screw up all the time so wouldn't worry too much about that.

You know what I think it could be ..... scary......... Probably more so than any of the movies you were trying to watch!

Anything new going on around there. Something that would "stir up ghosts"

There is nothing different, or new that would start up some ghosts.

Hmmm...weird. Is there anything wrong with the phones at your house? Has anything like that happened since?

Nothing that ive noticed. Everything seems normal with the phones.

I would have gone through every single DVD I had to see if it was the same on other scary / non scary and then freaked out if it was!

As for phones, I think phones screw up all the time so wouldn't worry too much about that.

I have went thru other movies scary and non scary movies, all done the same thing.

I have went thru other movies scary and non scary movies, all done the same thing.

How many movies, out of interest? Like if you went through 50 normal movies and 50 scary movies and the same things happened every time, I would indeed consider it odd. But if it was just a few of each it's more likely to be a coincidence or something in the production values/DVD quality.

With the phones, my mobile buggers up all the time and tells me people have tried to call me when they didn't. Probably just the same thing.

How many movies, out of interest? Like if you went through 50 normal movies and 50 scary movies and the same things happened every time, I would indeed consider it odd. But if it was just a few of each it's more likely to be a coincidence or something in the production values/DVD quality.

With the phones, my mobile buggers up all the time and tells me people have tried to call me when they didn't. Probably just the same thing.

I have about 100 dvd's total

Ive tried 25 non scary movies, and 22-25 scary movies, each non scary movie would work, each scary movie wasnt working right. However the next day these same movies that wasnt working right started working,, but its still odd.

Now time has passed and I tried to watch a scary movie once again, wouldnt work. My pre-teen was in the room, when she left the room it worked! So maybe it has something to do with her being scared to watch scary movies? Hitting puberty? I dont know!

• 2 months later...

Nothing that ive noticed. Everything seems normal with the phones.

In that case it was probably nothing. Unless the issue is consistent, I wouldn't worry about it. It was probably just fluky technology.