Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The "Mystery" of the Markawasi Sculptures

Erowin

Ok, so recently I turned on the TV and saw a documentary about some ancient sculptures. I love history, so I turned it on and could not believe what I was seeing.

A man was claiming that THIS:

232498399483876803_ckMJiBKu_b.jpg

was an 'african queen' profile. And thats not all. Apparently the area is FULL of 'sculptures' are are near impossible to see unless someone helpfully draws the yellow outine of something on top of them. I have never seen anything more ridiculous in my life. And they even show things the Peruvians should not have known about at the time, like extinct turtle species and Egyptian, Greek and Asian symbols! Wow!

Heres some more 'examples'

mark050a.jpg

((The Head of Humanity, apparently showing all 4 major races...?))

MTMw360.jpg

Wow, they carved the whole mountain! How dedicated.

Basically, I can't believe people fall for this. At least they didn't mention aliens...though many sites about the 'sculptures' do.

MTw400.jpg

You could see anything if you look hard enough. They'll be seeing the Virgin Mary in one soon - she appears everywhere!

Now this is pareidolia. See, the thing is, if a particular type of rock is susceptible to weathering that makes it look like stuff, then the more of that rock there is, the more likely you are to find other examples of similar weathering that also looks like stuff in the same area.

Marcahuasi Just happens to have a lot of really weird rock, comparable to Bryce Canyon's hoodoos.

For the life of me I can't see a Hippo on that rock. The other rock does look like a turtle. But why would they bother doing this if they did.

I see a beaver on top of the turtle, facing the opposite direction. See him? lol

• Like 1

More hilarious examples

MIGHRw300.jpg

EgyptianPrincesslayers.jpg

MonumentPS.jpg

Oh, and this one has TWO faces. On the left is an 'asiatic' face with the biggest nose ever

side_6.gif

Im sorry I am just laughing so hard. The amount these people are grasping at straws is crazy. I had no idea this was a thing, but people actually believe an ancient civilization (that no archeologist says exists) or aliens made these.

I couldn't even tell with some of the pictures until I looked at them with the outlines drawn, it was just a rock

side_6.gif

That is actually a statue to commemorate the victory of the combined Elf-Dwarf army against the orc hordes of Gir.

The various turtle, igwana, hippo statues are really images of the ghost dragon units of the fairy alien berzerkers.

Seriously though... These people are crazed. You can find stuff anywhere that can look like things if you just take a pic at just the right angle.