Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

Still Waters

Great Believer - it definitely was not a weather balloon:

Well you could choose a Roswell thread to post incorrect information if you really need to do so. But I doubt you have a clue about balloon trains, I mean, how many people deal with 600 foot long balloon trains? And as such have not an idea in the world what you are dismissing, and Trowbridges opinion does not change that. Not only that but he was playing Bridge at the Marcel house according to his claim,

Trowbridge:

On this particular evening, we were having bridge at Major Marcel's home. [He?] was there in basket, my wife was there, all the Intelligence was there, playing bridge, except Jessie.

He was out with a pick-up, gathering the junk in this debris field. Okay.

So when we came in it was fairly late I believe, and we broke up the bridge game then, to go out and see was Jessie brought in. And it was of great interest.

LINK

On his way back to base he stopped at his home in the early hours of the morning. He awake his wife and his son, 11 year-old Jesse Marcel jnr.

Major Marcel spread some of the recovered material on the kitchen floor of his house and Jesse jnr was most intrigued by it. Little did either of them know then that they were to become involved in what has become known as the Roswell Incident.

LINK

So why does Marcels recollection differ greatly from Trowbridge? One says they were up playing cards, Jesse says he woke his wife and son. Jesse and his son argued until he died about the shape of the debris, neither could agree if the beams were square of I beams, both insisted each other wrong for Jessies whole life, and if looking for testimony, Brazels very own daughter described the debris form the field as looking like "a balloon that had burst" and Newton's signed affidavit has Marcel calling a RAWIN a piece of alien spaceship.

Could I trouble you to open a Roswell thread, and explain all that away before making grandiose statements that conflict next time please?

Having 8+ years in UFO research, and once believing the majority of them where real, I now have learned a lot and sadly think the possibility of them being real is becoming less all the time. I still think it's very likely that there's real aliens, but the proof is just not good enough for me anymore. There are soooooo many stories, but they're just stories. So many of the good ones have turned out to be hoaxes, and the "lights in the sky" cases are still just lights in the sky. I want physical proof now, or a video that cannot be explained as CGI.

On top of that, nearly every decent UFO video on youtube is fake or explainable. Almost all "old" ufo photos are fake to. I used to do a lot of my own hoaxes and have learned how to easily identify fake photos and videos. I got into crop circles and learned they're all man made. Psychology plays a big factor in how much people believe to.

Why did you use to do hoaxes?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Why did you use to do hoaxes?

You might be surprised how many people get a chuckle out of stuff like this. Spitting from the freeway bridge has stepped up a notch. It's not jus UFOlogy by a long shot. Bigfootery relies on hoaxes to keep alive. Anthropology suffered Piltdown Man, Palaeontology the Brontosaurus, Nessie needs little introduction as one of the biggest hoaxes os all time, The Cottingley Fairies fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Book of Mormon is a religious hoax, The Turk, The Giant of Cardiff, The Feejee mermaid, The Priory of Sion, heck there is quite a list out there outside of UFO circles, and it is a big one.

Don't feel special guys, it's not just you.

It's all good, I am here to make everyone feel better.

av-96580.jpg.jpeg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

So all the crazy people that try to force UFO crap down our throats are questioning if anything exits? Jumping on the bandwagon and back off it when they get bored?

The real believers are the skeptics who realise that the probability of life out there is high, however question if what we experience on earth is ET or otherwise.

We're in it for the long haul.

Edit: Who's with me!!!!!!!? B)

Edited by Timonthy

As we as a civilization have become more educated and technologically enhanced, we have come to realize that the probability of "life" occurring beyond the confines of Earth is indeed a possibility but the notion of a somewhat humanoid ET arriving in a "saucer" begins to border on the juvenile other than perhaps as a medium for exploring society from a scifi perspective. Consider just the mammalian diversity of this planet, perhaps a shrew at one end and a whale at the other, and the notion of ET as a humanoid biped becomes questionable. Certainly the completely human trait of anthropomorphism or the attribution of human characteristics to other entities would begin to explain this phenomenon. And, then consider the advanced technology required to transmit an entity from one end of the galaxy to another. If we apply our potentially primitive, but uncannily accurate, Moore's law that the number of transistors on integrated circuits doubles approximately every two years, and, let's say, nanotechnology or manufacturing technology able to fabricate, with molecular precision, most structures consistent with physical law, then we potentially find ourselves even more distant from the concept of ET arriving in a saucer. If ETs technology is advanced enough to transcend the distances of the galaxy, then ETs presence on Earth would most likely not be readily detectable.

Edited by highdesert50
  • Like 1

i still cant believe why some .. can say that ET exist ! but dont believe they are here ! its not about technology ! who said aliens need technology to travel .. what if they are beings with super super super powers ! beings that could fly, live in space , beings that only exist out of pure energy ! that could glow up bright like a star and move with speed that we can only dream off ! or can teleport themselves !

the possibilities are endless !

i have seen weird stuff in the sky ! out of nowhere a lightbal emerged ,that could spontaneous grow real big and bright within secs . and then dissappears ..i have seen it twice ! and i was not the only one who saw it !

if they can travel long distance ,it doesnt mean we cant see them ! or detect them !

Well, I don't care what the article says.

All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.

that is unless you believe in the flat earth theory ;)

i believe that there are aliens out there but i dont believe that they have visited earth in ufos and such. just because u believe in aliens doesnt mean u believe in ufos

i still cant believe why some .. can say that ET exist ! but dont believe they are here ! its not about technology ! who said aliens need technology to travel .. what if they are beings with super super super powers ! beings that could fly, live in space , beings that only exist out of pure energy ! that could glow up bright like a star and move with speed that we can only dream off ! or can teleport themselves !

i have seen weird stuff in the sky ! out of nowhere a lightbal emerged ,that could spontaneous grow real big and bright within secs . and then dissappears ..i have seen it twice ! and i was not the only one who saw it !

if they can travel long distance ,it doesnt mean we cant see them ! or detect them !

Your sighting sounds like Iridium flares - which can be checked for your location online

i believe that there are aliens out there but i dont believe that they have visited earth in ufos and such. just because u believe in aliens doesnt mean u believe in ufos

How can one not beleive in UFOs? for UFOs are real, they happen ALL the time... now weather or not a UFO is a flying object controlled by an alien being - that, is a different kittle of fish my friend.

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.

I believe in UFO's, but I do not believe UFO's are alien spacecraft.

• Like 1

I believe in UFO's, but I do not believe UFO's are alien spacecraft.

I don't believe in UFOs. I know that people see Unidentified Flying Objects (yes pumper, that definition was for you...). I do concur that it is unlikely that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin though. Despite that, I still hold out hope that perhaps, just maybe, some of them might be.

• Like 1

Maybe some reporter had an epiphany and is claiming his personal view. And one can consider that the overall picture has changed, this day and age pale to the many and varied stories of the 50's and 60's. I know that many people go into UFOlogy, as I did myself, full of hope and loaded with optimism, only to find things are not what they seem.

I think someone might just be expressing their disillusionment at the heightened promises that UFOlogy offers. Reality is somewhat mundane by comparison. AKA the birth of another skeptic. But in public.

I would agree with this except for:

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Does anyone know if these figures are accurate, or whether it is just Great Britain, or all over?

Think about it, 96%?

Very interesting if true.

I don't believe in UFOs. I know that people see Unidentified Flying Objects (yes pumper, that definition was for you...). I do concur that it is unlikely that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin though. Despite that, I still hold out hope that perhaps, just maybe, some of them might be.

I think I still need an element of belief because I have only seen two, perhaps 3 in my life, and am not sure that people do see UFO's as often as is claimed, I have to run with the benefit of the doubt. I think many UFO's are IFO's viewed by people who are easily over excited :P

:lol:

:tu:

• Like 1

Assap’s UFO cases have dropped by 96 per cent since 1988, while the number of other groups involved in UFO research has fallen from well over 100 in the 1990s to around 30 now.

Does anyone know if these figures are accurate, or whether it is just Great Britain, or all over?

Think about it, 96%?

That would just be the same thing on a wider scale wouldn't it?

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.

Like Q from Continuum in Star Trek.

Well.... i believe in Aliens, but thats not the point. The point is, what the hell are the government doing in those bloody ships??? Now UFOS i really believe in, if you live in wiltshire, england, as i do, and reguatly smoke out the window at 5 in the morning, or walk home from friends at some stupid time, you will see so many! And i know the difference between helicopters and ufos... a helicopter is loud as anything, and lands on the hill behind my house, 4 times a day, A ufo is silent, hovers for hours, has weird flying patterns, and often has a white light on it that is lighter than the moon.

Anyway UFO's and aliens are two different things. the things might come together sometimes, but how do we know? we are busy looking in space. When we should be looking here.

• Like 1

Like Q from Continuum in Star Trek.

Q is not a being, he is Q. The entire continuum is Q.

And he never visited earth.

Q would also not qualify as life as we know it, or require a spaceship.

I would like to know Q's evolutionary ladder.

Very complex character Q, but I like him.

ETA Trivia: Gene Roddenberry named Q after his friend, Janet Quaton.

Edited by psyche101

Anyway UFO's and aliens are two different things. the things might come together sometimes, but how do we know? we are busy looking in space. When we should be looking here.

Quote of the day perhaps. Well said. Every UFO answer to date has come from beneath our feet, not space.

I think I still need an element of belief because I have only seen two, perhaps 3 in my life, and am not sure that people do see UFO's as often as is claimed, I have to run with the benefit of the doubt. I think many UFO's are IFO's viewed by people who are easily over excited :P

:lol:

:tu:

Completely understandable :)

Think about it, 96%?

Having been involved in different UFO research groups in the UK since the 1970s, I think the decline in reports and the effective need for research groups is down to one thing - the internet. Such groups mainly existed (I can think of exceptions) to collect reports, objectively analyze them and disseminate data, a considerable amount of which went into the MOD's dbase to subsequently re-appear into the public domain many years later in the MOD's releases of their 'UFO files'.

People no longer see a need to report their sightings to be validated and investigated when they can post/blog their sightings immediately across the i-net and have others accept/believe them without any critical thinking.

Edited by Oppono Astos
  • Like 1

People no longer see a need to report their sightings to be validated and investigated when they can post/blog their sightings immediately across the i-net and have others accept/believe them without any critical thinking.

That makes sense.

That makes sense.

Or, we don't report them anywhere because in the end, it just doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

• Like 1