Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Singles (music) back in fashion

Still Waters

CD singles are not even sold in most High Street stores, just as casette tapes and vinyl disappeared before them.

But this does not necessarily mean the death of the single.

Already ten singles have reached the million mark, including Adele's Someone Like You and the relatively recently released Somebody that I Used to Know by Goyte featuring Kimbra.

Last year some 178m singles were sold in the UK, while the projected figure for this year is 190m.

http://www.telegraph...-downloads.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• Still Waters

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the record labels have stopped encouraging artists to produce full albums. They put out nothing BUT singles. The last 15+ years have produced nothing but one-hit-wonders. It makes for a super crappy live show too. The Goyte show here in Seattle over the summer was a prime example. They made the mistake of playing their one paltry hit early in the set, then most of the crowd left leaving just a handful to hear the rest of their milktoast songs.

Just one of many reasons I've stopped listening to label-signed bands for the most part. My favorite band currently has 3 full CDs out, they havent wrtten a bad song yet, and I can be pretty sure that they'll never get signed, never get the airplay they deserve, and will never play in an arena to thousands... although they deserve to given the enormous talent they possess. Sad.