Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hackivists set up Guy Fawkes protest

Still Waters

A series of website hacks over the past 24 hours has been attributed to the online hacktivist group Anonymous.

The websites of US broadcaster NBC, pop singer Lady Gaga and the Australian government have all been attacked.

Some of the hacked websites displayed a rhyme about 5 November, when Guy Fawkes's attempt to destroy Parliament in 1605 is marked in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20204631

• Like 1

Ugh. I wish they would give it up already. They're just irritating now.

That's great, but when you have no freedom whatsoever on the internet (giving opinions or uploading things to youtube etc) just remember that these people where fighting for YOUR freedom while you where bad mouthing them. :tu:

I wonder why Lady Gaga was targeted.

Just popular, so their point would hit a wider audience.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

makes sense for it to happen on guy fawkes night, the biggest anarchist night of the year, and is no suprise that alan moore based his character 'V', the anarchist, on guy fawkes' image.....

• Like 1

Guy Fawkes was the last man to enter the houses of parliament with good intentions.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to read your comment.

I keep getting mesmerised by your picture lol

makes sense for it to happen on guy fawkes night, the biggest anarchist night of the year, and is no suprise that alan moore based his character 'V', the anarchist, on guy fawkes' image.....

Guy Fawkes was the last man to enter the houses of parliament with good intentions.

Ha Ha! :tu:

Guy Fawkes tried to blow up my 13th Great Grandfather, King James Stuart VI! That's not cool! :rofl:

That's just TYPICAL of the English to try and blow up a Scottish King....

(I'm just being goofy...)

• Like 1

Ha Ha! :tu:

Guy Fawkes tried to blow up my 13th Great Grandfather, King James Stuart VI! That's not cool! :rofl:

That's just TYPICAL of the English to try and blow up a Scottish King....

(I'm just being goofy...)

There is speculation that it was a False Flag operation, with the suspects being framed in order to justify a pogrom against Roman Catholic diehards. Some think thatit looks rather suspicious how the Authorities were tipped off at just the right moment to catch them red handed .

There is speculation that it was a False Flag operation, with the suspects being framed in order to justify a pogrom against Roman Catholic diehards. Some think thatit looks rather suspicious how the Authorities were tipped off at just the right moment to catch them red handed .

That's interesting! Will look that up. Thanks. :tu:

"Remember, remember, the 5th of November,

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why the gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot."

- Old English folk rhyme (anonymous)

• Like 1

"Remember, remember, the 5th of November,

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

in Yorkshire, we don't call it guy fawkes night, we call it 'plot neet'

(apologies for the dialect, but that's how it's pronounced!)

we're rather proud of the plotters round here, as most of 'em came from yorkshire, and there's only yorkshiremen who're brave enough, AND stoopid enough to blow up a king & all his lackeys!

if the queen got offed tomorrow, the police would turn over every divot of turf in yorkshire looking for the culprit!

:-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

That's great, but when you have no freedom whatsoever on the internet (giving opinions or uploading things to youtube etc) just remember that these people where fighting for YOUR freedom while you where bad mouthing them. :tu:

x2

• Like 3

in Yorkshire, we don't call it guy fawkes night, we call it 'plot neet'

(apologies for the dialect, but that's how it's pronounced!)

we're rather proud of the plotters round here, as most of 'em came from yorkshire, and there's only yorkshiremen who're brave enough, AND stoopid enough to blow up a king & all his lackeys!

if the queen got offed tomorrow, the police would turn over every divot of turf in yorkshire looking for the culprit!

I know the Yorkshire accent very well.....Love the Bronte sisters writings.....

:)

• Like 1

when i'm txting friends, we do it in dialect, as if we were speaking to each other, but if I tried doing that on here, they'd probably bar me, thinking i'm a glue-sniffer or something!!

• Like 1

Just popular, so their point would hit a wider audience.

What? The Hactivists? hacking Lady Gaga's website? Gosh, yes, fighting for OUR freedom.

Go, Hactivists! Freedom firghters for OUR freedom and OUR tomorrows! They'll overthrow the forces of oppression!

:rolleyes:

What? The Hactivists? hacking Lady Gaga's website? Gosh, yes, fighting for OUR freedom.

Go, Hactivists! Freedom firghters for OUR freedom and OUR tomorrows! They'll overthrow the forces of oppression!

:rolleyes:

Nooo... lol I just meant in general from the comment I quoted. As I said though, Lady Gaga has a wider audience of people who will get the point... Or probably not because they are Lady Gaga fans. lol

• Like 2

when i'm txting friends, we do it in dialect, as if we were speaking to each other, but if I tried doing that on here, they'd probably bar me, thinking i'm a glue-sniffer or something!!

LOL. Check this out:

In 1850 when a second edition of Wuthering Heights was due for republishing, Charlotte Brontë decided to edit the original text published by Thomas Cautley Newby, including punctuation and Joseph's thick Yorkshire dialect. Writing to her publisher W.S. Williams, she mentions that "It seems to me advisable to modify the orthography of the old servant Joseph’s speeches; for though, as it stands, it exactly renders the Yorkshire dialect to a Yorkshire ear, yet I am sure Southerns must find it unintelligible; and thus one of the most graphic characters in the book is lost on them."

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuthering_heights

Wuthering Heights (parts of) by Emily Brontë (note that this is very old-fashioned Haworth dialect)

LOL. Check this out:

Taken from http://en.wikipedia....thering_heights

Wuthering Heights (parts of) by Emily Brontë (note that this is very old-fashioned Haworth dialect)

Oh dear, yes, D. H. LAwrence's books are full of that kind of thing. "'Appen, Miss Katie, t'is naw gud mitherin, an' all an' all, so it is, already". That kind of thing.