Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

woman ordered to wear 'idiot' sign

glorybebe

Act like an idiot, get treated like an idiot.

Grey14 is correct. I also say that video on youtube or where ever. She did it almost everyday the previous school year, but the former bus driver never did anything about it.

• Like 2

That's justice!

No. It is mere punishment. Not justice.

It's important to understand justice. We can't afford to misunderstand it.

I am glad to see some justice is left. I think 2 months would have been better.

I am glad to see some justice is left. I think 2 months would have been better.

I agree that 2 hours of this is not enough IMO. It wasn't a one time thing, she did this numerous times! She knew it was wrong and dangerous. Now everone knows that she really is an 'idiot'.

Keep Death off the road, Drive on the footpath..She Deserves to be banned FOREVER.

Actually, that's a good punishment actually, banned from driving for a while.

Won't stop her though.

while i agree it looks good on her to get singled out for what she did, because yes it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, i wonder at the choice of wording there.

did they check her IQ to see if she is in fact an idiot?

how about making her wear a sign that says just what she did in large letters? let those that read it make up their own minds what she is.

• Like 1

The country has set punishments for offences. They include imprisonment, fines, community service etc. Public humiliation of a person, and their family, is not an option in any decent society.

I agree. You wouldn't even dare punishing someone in a school in such a manner, let alone in a supposedly adult society.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil
  • Like 2

i wonder at the choice of wording there. did they check her IQ to see if she is in fact an idiot?

Your IQ score does not reflect on whether or not you are an idiot.. If you drive on a side walk putting more in danger, then you will be branded an idiot by so many, regardless if your IQ is 180 or 80 ...People who do idiot things will be branded idiots ..

• Like 1

Your IQ score does not reflect on whether or not you are an idiot.. If you drive on a side walk putting more in danger, then you will be branded an idiot by so many, regardless if your IQ is 180 or 80 ...People who do idiot things will be branded idiots ..

I agree. She knew what she was doing was wrong, otherwise she would have stopped and waited. She was too selfish and self-centered. The whole 'it's all about me' attitude has to stop when they do completely assinane things like this.

• Like 1

i am not arguing how stupid what she did was, first of all.

and after checking i see that idiot is no longer a term in the IQ definitions, but nevertheless it was there at one time. it was changed (along with others) because people were misusing the words as derogatory name calling (much like in the case posted here)

http://www.iqcompari...m/iqbasics.aspx

(from the site)

Mental deficiency used to be more finely classified using the following technical terms that later began to be abused by the rest of society (5):

IQ Range Classification 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot

Edited by JGirl

i am not arguing how stupid what she did was, first of all.

and after checking i see that idiot is no longer a term in the IQ definitions, but nevertheless it was there at one time. it was changed (along with others) because people were misusing the words as derogatory name calling (much like in the case posted here)

http://www.iqcompari...m/iqbasics.aspx

(from the site)

Mental deficiency used to be more finely classified using the following technical terms that later began to be abused by the rest of society (5):

IQ Range Classification 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot

Interesting IQ site... My IQ is 136.. although another IQ test gave me 138..but normally is is lower at 136.. .BUT I have done idiot things and sometimes still do ..But never anything that is reckless and puts anyone in danger.

I will tell you what is really useful for boosting your IQ.. On my kids Nintendo DS there is a game called - Brain Academy ( Brain training exercises )..It helps you think faster when solving puzzles and math equations ..It is really worth trying.. you can get hooked easy..Its for kids and adults..It allows you to pick a level.. From I have played it, I find my ability to solve math problems and other puzzles go a lot faster ...It is also very helpful for improving your memory skills

On topic....I wonder if now after she has worn that sign.. has it taught her anything?

Interesting IQ site... My IQ is 136.. although another IQ test gave me 138..but normally is is lower at 136.. .BUT I have done idiot things and sometimes still do ..But never anything that is reckless and puts anyone in danger.

I will tell you what is really useful for boosting your IQ.. On my kids Nintendo DS there is a game called - Brain Academy ( Brain training exercises )..It helps you think faster when solving puzzles and math equations ..It is really worth trying.. you can get hooked easy..Its for kids and adults..It allows you to pick a level.. From I have played it, I find my ability to solve math problems and other puzzles go a lot faster ...It is also very helpful for improving your memory skills

On topic....I wonder if now after she has worn that sign.. has it taught her anything?

i thought mine was pretty good at 127 lol

as for the fluctuation in your score, you could've been more on your game one time than another.

• Like 1

I presume this person had a full qualified driving licence and was not under drug or drink influence,therefore she knew that what she was doing was wrong,yet she chose to do it, which is premeditated so she should face the consequenses,which is either a ban for dangerous driving,driving without due care and attention,possible endangerment of lives or property,but it seems that all these options were bypassed infavour of an "idiot" sign,in which case the Judge broke the law by allowing this,and I guess she could sue for defamation of character,and causing undue stress and anxiety.The LAW was broken on both sides.which means that the Judge was no less an idiot for giving this verdict,and his licence should be revoked.

• Like 1

i thought mine was pretty good at 127 lol

It is better than good.. According to that site you posted, over 120 is superior intelligence..

I sort of have to agree, humiliation isn't going to deter anyone from doing it, as noone else is stupid enough to endanger children like that.

Sending her to gaol is a waste of tax payer money. A fine would be "meh" and paid off. I'd have given her community service as a school bus driver :D

Maybe cleaning school buses or something along those lines. I would'nt want her driving any kids period....She is an IDIOT. Also should have hefty fine, License suspended until completing driving school.
  • Like 1

I would have made her go to the morgue and see what happens to bodies hit by vehicles. Maybe then she would get it through her head what she did was really dangerous. There was a truck stopped waiting for the bus and she drove around that. Was there not another route she could have taken? Even her lawyer would not repeat what her excuse was when asked. She is an idiot and what is wrong with making sure SHE knows it?

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 1

I would have made her go to the morgue and see what happens to bodies hit by vehicles. Maybe then she would get it through her head what she did was really dangerous. There was a truck stopped waiting for the bus and she drove around that. Was there not another route she could have taken? Even her lawyer would not repeat what her excuse was when asked. She is an idiot and what is wrong with making sure SHE knows it?

Because of the eight amendment.

• Like 1

She has the "me me me" syndrome.

The only thing that will stop this person is hitting someone.

And then only because she is hopefully behind bars.

Have you all seen the videos of her doing it ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .They set up a sting to nail her,because she did it ,every day .

Not even police cars or ambulances drive up on the sidewalk,unless its an absolute emergency . if there was a school bus,where its illegal to pass AT ALL ,when kids are getting on or off ,not even an emergency vehicle would pass.

Instead of finding a route that didnt irritate her,she drove around the bus,onto the sidewalk,where kids could be ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .

Anyone here have kids ? Nieces ,god kids. Would you want this idiot driving near their school bus ? Ever ?.....in my opinion,she's an absolute moron ,and should be made to wear the sign ,and cross kids at school crossings,for a year .

As well as fined. I dont think the judge was out of line,at all.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Exactly .This is why we have the expression ; STUPID IDIOT ,which takes iq into acct . ~_^

• Like 1

I disagree. It's vengeance and the Judge is a disgrace, in my opinion of course.

I have to agree with you on this El. There are better ways to punish her with out humiliating her. Impound her car and suspend her license for 6 months. Make her do community service for the school washing school buses or crossing guard duty. The judge should be able to come up with a more intelligent way to teach her a lesson that does not involve degrading and embarrassing her.

All that aside...that made me laugh lol what goes through some people's minds? I had to drive on the sidewalk your honor, there was a school bus and a bunch of kids blocking the road and I didn't want to hit them ahaha that is pretty amazing!

• Like 2

Have you all seen the videos of her doing it ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .They set up a sting to nail her,because she did it ,every day .

Not even police cars or ambulances drive up on the sidewalk,unless its an absolute emergency . if there was a school bus,where its illegal to pass AT ALL ,when kids are getting on or off ,not even an emergency vehicle would pass.

Instead of finding a route that didnt irritate her,she drove around the bus,onto the sidewalk,where kids could be ,EVERY SINGLE DAY .

Anyone here have kids ? Nieces ,god kids. Would you want this idiot driving near their school bus ? Ever ?.....in my opinion,she's an absolute moron ,and should be made to wear the sign ,and cross kids at school crossings,for a year .

As well as fined. I dont think the judge was out of line,at all.

Absolutely! She has no respect for children's safety, she does not deserve any from society. And watch her lawyer when asked if she wants to say anything as an excuse for her actions. Poor guy, he says she has an excuse...but...

She is an idiot and IMO should never be allowed ti get behind thr wheel if a car ever again.

I have to agree with you on this El. There are better ways to punish her with out humiliating her. Impound her car and suspend her license for 6 months. Make her do community service for the school washing school buses or crossing guard duty. The judge should be able to come up with a more intelligent way to teach her a lesson that does not involve degrading and embarrassing her.

A full weekend in a jail cell usually sobers idiots up. I dunno why the cops never done that the second time they saw her do it.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

A full weekend in a jail cell usually sobers idiots up. I dunno why the cops never done that the second time they saw her do it.

In the USA ,the following things are illegal :

Passing a school bus,AT ALL,while children are embarking,or debarking

Driving on the sidewalk .

Both are moving violations,which can lose you your drivers license . You don't get jail time for it,unless you kill someone .

Sad but true . Best to humiliate a completely devoid of ethics fool ,before they do kill someone .

She was a complete danger to everyone ,and a nuisance . She's lucky her license wasn't revoked as well .

If you can't do the time,don't do the crime.

Only civilians witnessed this,until someone brought the cops the video .Then they set up the sting to catch her .

This vid shows her doing it two different times ,and in one she even goes around another car .

MORON

Edited by Simbi Laveau