Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very Odd Phenomenon Appears In The Clouds

Bling

What do you make of this? Pretty clouds!

Whatever it is, it's pretty weird looking. Cool find. I wonder where this took place and if anyone else got it from different angles? I didn't recognize the language at the beginning.

• Like 1

The cloud itself isn't all that extraordinary, looks like a large cumulonimbus cloud. I've seen other video's where that lacy top of the cloud actually "flips" for lack of a better word. Here is an example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdKiJYijGI in this example the higher sort of wisps seem to flip like they are changing polarization somehow. The OP's cloud as far as I see isn't really all that different than storm clouds I've seen here in the US (that one was taken in Indonesia I guess.)

• Like 2

The cloud itself isn't all that extraordinary, looks like a large cumulonimbus cloud. I've seen other video's where that lacy top of the cloud actually "flips" for lack of a better word. Here is an example...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdKiJYijGI[/media] in this example the higher sort of wisps seem to flip like they are changing polarization somehow. The OP's cloud as far as I see isn't really all that different than storm clouds I've seen here in the US (that one was taken in Indonesia I guess.)

Now that really is weird! Almost like lightning that 'can't get started' ...... just a little bit that keeps 'hiccupping' but can't move on.

*snipped vid* in this example the higher sort of wisps seem to flip like they are changing polarization somehow. The OP's cloud as far as I see isn't really all that different than storm clouds I've seen here in the US (that one was taken in Indonesia I guess.)

Yeah, that is bizarre. It led me to another similar one:

[media=]

[/media]

Sure is an amazing planet we live on. Wonder what that is exactly?

Hoax!

It's pretty bad when you say hoax to a cloud LOL

Yeah, that is bizarre. It led me to another similar one:

[media=]

[/media]

Sure is an amazing planet we live on. Wonder what that is exactly?

I would think that it has to do with ice crystals and electric fields, courtesy of our friend lightning. I'm no cloudologist, though.

I would think that it has to do with ice crystals and electric fields, courtesy of our friend lightning. I'm no cloudologist, though.

Yes, you're probably right. It's really interesting the way that it reshapes the clouds though, like a smudge or warp tool in an image editor would do. Perhaps someone familiar with whatever this actually is will pipe in. :tu:

• Like 1

Yes, you're probably right. It's really interesting the way that it reshapes the clouds though, like a smudge or warp tool in an image editor would do. Perhaps someone familiar with whatever this actually is will pipe in. :tu:

If it's not just CG, then I imagine the reshaping would be due to the high winds up there. Or aliens. Reptilian ones.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Actually looks very very pretty. I have seen something like that around this way quite a few times, though usually much, much larger.

It does appear to be an electrical phenomena of some sort. Possibly related to auroras or plasmas.

Another weird cloud. You guys have probably seen it already, just thought i'd throw it in for others who haven't.

Cool vid, clouds and light changes always make for intriguing shapes and scenes, much more interesting than the dreary offerings of the television! :D

• Like 1

Where? I looked....

Have you ever tried really finding anything here? Good luck.

Yes! Each time I start a new thread I search to see if it's been covered before.

• Like 1

Looks like air traffic contrails have slid in next to the section of clouds and given a whacky appearance due to the time of day.

I'm not sure what you mean by this Jerry. The advanced search is extremely effective, but you sometimes have to vary the search terms. Minimal is usually better unless you're fairly certain about specific words that were included with whatever you're looking for.

Is that what you were talking about? The search tools?

Or is it more along the lines of general answers for paranormal, supernatural, and/or UFO related questions?

I've given up using the 'search' box too :hmm: