Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voting night chit-chat

EllJay

Not to nit pick, but Texas could sustain itself. It's LA, MS, and AL they'd have trouble supporting, what with all the welfare those states need to stay afloat.

But Texas has had a secede movement since the late 1800's and it's always been an epic, epic fail. There are still a few smart people down there.

No they can't. LOL. If the US applied sanctions on Texas and it would be over. Done. There's really only one state that could successfuly secede and sustain itself on its own... Alaska. But even they're smart enough to know that it's still not in their best interest to do so.

Edited by MissMelsWell

Speaking of Mormons and crying, I wonder what Glenn Beck are doing tonight?

I suspect he's secretly celebrating like the other right wing pundits who were so confident Romney and the GOP would steamroll the elections they unmotivated millions of their followers from taking the time to vote. Now they all preserve their ratings and book deals for another four years.

Don't come down too quick... Washington State is at least one year away from opening it's doors for legal sales. They have a lot of sorting out to do.

The Feds came out today and stated that at this time, they have no intention of filing suit. Interesting. They do want to review the legislation, they do want to meet with state officials, but it looks like at this moment, they have no concrete plans to intervene. Very very interesting.

It's kind of amazing how many DAs, law enforcement and government officials are actually standing behind this legalization effort. If the Feds can keep their fingers out of it, I think it could be very successful.

Yeah... I realize that it's going to take some time before it actually happens but when it does expect the State of Washington to experience a flood of tourism from BC.

I suspect he's secretly celebrating like the other right wing pundits who were so confident Romney and the GOP would steamroll the elections they unmotivated millions of their followers from taking the time to vote. Now they all preserve their ratings and book deals for another four years.

Not that many repubs didn't vote compared to 2008. Rs lost about 1.5M and Obama lost around 10M. So republican motivation was far more consistent. Why'd so many choose not to vote, mainly for Obama? I know it doesn't matter, the takers outweigh the makers and he still won. Just realized, Maybe thats the answer. The takers are inherently lazy. So good, hope that trend keeps up and eventually te votes will dwindle. Woohoo, good news for the future! How 'bout that spin?

Not that many repubs didn't vote compared to 2008. Rs lost about 1.5M and Obama lost around 10M. So republican motivation was far more consistent. Why'd so many choose not to vote, mainly for Obama? I know it doesn't matter, the takers outweigh the makers and he still won. Just realized, Maybe thats the answer. The takers are inherently lazy. So good, hope that trend keeps up and eventually te votes will dwindle. Woohoo, good news for the future! How 'bout that spin?

You should have your own radio show. Someone needs to replace Dick Morris before the guys at fox find out he has more dresses in the closet than suits.

snapback.pngjoc, on 08 November 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

I'm already here sweetheart! Texas! And eventually we will succeed from the Union and take about half the country with us. :wub:

How is it that we see what you do not? What will you say when Televiv has a Mushroom Cloud hovering over it? Just another bump in the road? All in all, it's just another bump in the road....

LOL you're killin' me... funny stuff right there. Because Texas can't sustain itself well enough financially to "succeed" if they decided to "secede" *facepalm*

Come on Joc, I know you're smarter than that statement.

Wow... :w00t: Yeah...I am just really tired...and I have a very bad sore throat...not just sore but all swollen on the outside...taking some anti-biotics though...

Actually, Texas can sustain itself very well...and the truth of the matter is...no one is going to secede from the Union...nice thought though...but, it ain't gonna happen...Hmmmm... :gun: ...or could it....?....

Well, your prediction from just a few days ago was that Romney would win in a landslide. Certainly you'd give us the benefit of the doubt if we take your prognastication with a grain of salt or two.

Oh, no problem...the first thing I said was I was wrong. Boy, was I ever....

• Like 1

You should have your own radio show. Someone needs to replace Dick Morris before the guys at fox find out he has more dresses in the closet than suits.

Morris is only made for small doses but seriously, what happened to all those millions of voters? Not that you would know. Just been wondering.

:no:

• Like 1

How far off are we from being able to cast your vote through the cashier at Walmart?

I kind of like that thought actually....

....Do you want cash back? No

...Would you like to vote? yes

• Like 1

Oh, no problem...the first thing I said was I was wrong. Boy, was I ever....

Very true, you did admit it proudly. Kudos for that...

• Like 1

FWIW we here in the Antipodes are shaking our heads at electronic voting, it seems to us it's just too open to vote manipulation or simple machine failure.

• Like 1

FWIW we here in the Antipodes are shaking our heads at electronic voting, it seems to us it's just too open to vote manipulation or simple machine failure.

Ya think? You know, I'm not saying the outcome was due to fraud...but there is a lot of that that goes on with the Dems...I mean, polling places with murials of Obama including his signature campaign insignia...bussing in Somalians who can't speak English and have no proof of citizenship and handing them ballots and showing them how to vote for Obama...geeez...

Oh well...it's the good ole USA right? Wrong...it's the bad NEW USA and some of us don't like it..not one little bit...

No they can't. LOL. If the US applied sanctions on Texas and it would be over. Done. There's really only one state that could successfuly secede and sustain itself on its own... Alaska. But even they're smart enough to know that it's still not in their best interest to do so.

What could they sanction that Texas couldn't get from or sell to a dozen other sympathetic countries? IDK, maybe your right, but they export far more than they import (#15 GDP in the world, #2 GSP) #1 in beef, goats/sheep, #1 in oil/gas(by far), #2 technology, #2 defense contracts, #1 cotton, 4th largest US port, #1 gasoline refiner, NASA...Texas can play the sanction game with the best of 'em. But still, a moot point.

Morris is only made for small doses but seriously, what happened to all those millions of voters? Not that you would know. Just been wondering.

They were suppressed. But seriously, don't know for sure, but considering many dems were motivated by hearing how close things were I wonder. Maybe their employers wouldn't give them the time off needed to stand in line for 4 hours? :blink:

As of 7:30 am yesterday morning people were already calling into the radio to report machines that weren't listing all candidates on the confirm vote screen when going for straight ticket. That was two machines in two small districts by 7:30 am. Imagine how many times that happened plus how many people didn't notice. I'm not saying machines aren't good to use but really, just because you see something on a computer screen doesn't mean that you know what goes on within the software. We do put a lot of trust into those machines and the techs who work on them. Paper would be safer and more trustworthy. Who cares if it took a few days to tally?

Then, in Cincinnati a bipartisan fraud effort was busted. A D and an R poll judge in the same place were caught giving ballots to unregistered voters or basically anyone who walked in the door and letting them vote. Another local story, a woman shocked to find out that somebody had already voted in her name. VOTER FRAUD DEFINITELY EXISTS! And supposedly since 2000 only ten "known" cases of voter fraud have ever been known to exist. Give me a break.

Also, I didn't read or hear the story but I did see a headline earlier saying some UN officials overseeing the polls are astonished that people don't have to show ID. Hmm....

They were suppressed. But seriously, don't know for sure, but considering many dems were motivated by hearing how close things were I wonder. Maybe their employers wouldn't give them the time off needed to stand in line for 4 hours? :blink:

That's the funniest line I've heard all day....(slappin' my knees)...everyone knows that most Dems don't have employers...they just have unemployment checks!

Just a fleeting thought about machine errors. In the future You ought to be able to go online and verify how your votes were cast, like an e-verify system for your vote.

• Like 2

'pop' 'pop' 'pop'

So many Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers heads exploding.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! What's even worse is the the Shellacking Romney took. LOLOLOLOLOL!

'pop' 'pop' 'pop'

So many Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Partiers heads exploding.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! What's even worse is the the Shellacking Romney took. LOLOLOLOLOL!

Really, two threads at once, same post. Control yourself troll.

• Like 1