Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this mean for America?

LucidElement

It means we are Freaking Doomed!~

Four more years of Obama..

Haha you wish your country is so deep in debt that its too late to actualy do something about it. Year ago when the topic came up it was supressed so hard..and postponed...ignorance is a bliss, untill it will turn into a nightmare. But hey why not supress the critical point in economy one more time... untill China gets angry/impatienced and wants its money back...

Don't forget you are still printing money ?!

the down fall of america has started. i cant belive that people still went out and voted for this guy.

in 4 years america will be a thrid world country.

• Like 2

the down fall of america has started. i cant belive that people still went out and voted for this guy.

in 4 years america will be a thrid world country.

Russia and the USA are possibly about to fiscally switch places. China's emerging economy is also a force to be reckoned with. The dollar is winding down. Let's hope the situation can be turned around before it's too late.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Some states are opting out of Obamacare.

They can't. All that means is that the rest of us have to pay to setup your exchanges.

And now the government want to raise my taxs to pay more,

If that's true then you make way more than 200,000 per year and the rest of what you said is suspect.

I really think people on welfare and foodstamps need to be drug tested.

Drug testing in florida yielded a vanishingly small percentage of people on drugs.

• Like 2

snapback.pngWoIverine, on 07 November 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Some states are opting out of Obamacare.

They can't. All that means is that the rest of us have to pay to setup your exchanges.

Hide and watch!

Edited by joc

I will gladly pay taxes for everything if I am covered for everything. Especially if that drops the price of aspirin in a hospital to a normal level. Seriously last time I went for an overnight 75 bucks per aspirin(They gave me 4 in a 12 hour period and my bottle of 100 cost me 3 bucks) and they confiscated my bottle of aspirin while I was unconsciousness and wouldn't fork it over until I left.

It's gonna drive the stupid bills lower. So people can actually pay there own bill. Before you were already paying for other people's medical claim just in a different way and didn't even know it. Sliding scales in most hospitals means most people got expensive emergency care for free which somebody had to pay for... you. That homeless guy/Poor people you hate so much yeah you were already paying for him. Now we all pay for him. Instead of only the people who got sick or hurt by chance best part is it's going to be cheaper for you since everybody else pays to and you get actual full coverage.

(I don't even want to know what people went through who were born with a health risk where insurance wouldn't even touch them when they actually made money).

Drug testing for welfare and tanf is pointless(You do realize that would cause a tax increase right that you would be paying for since they don't pay *facepalm*) unless they are using something other then cash to get drugs(which would be small not many people would go out and whore for drugs unlike what the media shows you most of them end up dealing to make their drug money. Most of the time I've seen people got off it by doing that they didn't want state to pop in and check and see drugs so they dropped it)

China and Russia are doing what we should be are doing. Importing more unfinished products then finished products to their country. Why because that means the work actually stays in our country(more people working, more taxes come in, do I need to go further). America has even been outsourcing our own defense contracts for years. Can't blame the Presidents on this they get blackballed hard (both Republicans and Democrats have to play to those who gives them money)

I swear common sense isn't so common anymore.

• Like 2

Haha you wish your country is so deep in debt that its too late to actualy do something about it. Year ago when the topic came up it was supressed so hard..and postponed...ignorance is a bliss, untill it will turn into a nightmare. But hey why not supress the critical point in economy one more time... untill China gets angry/impatienced and wants its money back...

Don't forget you are still printing money ?!

funny part though, USA is still the most wealthiest country in the world.. witht he strongest military. its crazy to think we are the wealthiest even though we are in depth but every article ive read shows we are.

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

But USA isnt the richest per capita.

• Like 1

I will gladly pay taxes for everything if I am covered for everything. Especially if that drops the price of aspirin in a hospital to a normal level. Seriously last time I went for an overnight 75 bucks per aspirin(They gave me 4 in a 12 hour period and my bottle of 100 cost me 3 bucks) and they confiscated my bottle of aspirin while I was unconsciousness and wouldn't fork it over until I left.

It's gonna drive the stupid bills lower. So people can actually pay there own bill. Before you were already paying for other people's medical claim just in a different way and didn't even know it. Sliding scales in most hospitals means most people got expensive emergency care for free which somebody had to pay for... you. That homeless guy/Poor people you hate so much yeah you were already paying for him. Now we all pay for him. Instead of only the people who got sick or hurt by chance best part is it's going to be cheaper for you since everybody else pays to and you get actual full coverage.

(I don't even want to know what people went through who were born with a health risk where insurance wouldn't even touch them when they actually made money).

Drug testing for welfare and tanf is pointless(You do realize that would cause a tax increase right that you would be paying for since they don't pay *facepalm*) unless they are using something other then cash to get drugs(which would be small not many people would go out and whore for drugs unlike what the media shows you most of them end up dealing to make their drug money. Most of the time I've seen people got off it by doing that they didn't want state to pop in and check and see drugs so they dropped it)

China and Russia are doing what we should be are doing. Importing more unfinished products then finished products to their country. Why because that means the work actually stays in our country(more people working, more taxes come in, do I need to go further). America has even been outsourcing our own defense contracts for years. Can't blame the Presidents on this they get blackballed hard (both Republicans and Democrats have to play to those who gives them money)

I swear common sense isn't so common anymore.

ObamaCare doesn't have anything to do with any of that. The idea that you will be covered for everything is ludicrous...but, you are correct about 'paying taxes for everything'...except of course the part about being happy to do it...you won't be. You are going to be seriously p***ed when you realize in real life terms what this atrocity means.

Let's employ a bit of 'common sense' shall we. First, we know from obama's own mouth that the plan is to get to Single Payer. The way to get there is to drive up the cost of Insurance until everyone opts into the least expensive plan which is the Government One...the Insurance Companies will not be able to compete and will go out of business....there you go...Single Payer. Next, when that happens, everyone is paying high taxes on everything to pay for everyone's 'free' healthcare, what you will begin to understand is that there is no way on god's grey earth that anyone is going to be covered for everything...especially with the babyboomer's coming into old age. So, who gets what, and when and why...and why...become critical questions for the providers. And the 'providers' are government workers you will never have the displeasure of knowing.

But here is the rub...because it will all be Government deciding what....and because of course...government is corrupt as hell...who get's what, when, and why...the crucial questions (replacing of course the real crucial questions of What does my doctor think?) will become a political football...

....the end result of ObamaCare...when people begin to understand that the way they vote affects the Healthcare choices they are given...when they begin to understand that voting Democrat means Aunt Mildred gets a heart by-pass in time to actually save her life...but voting Republican or Third Party means that Uncle Joe is just given a pill for pain rather than the surgery he needs...then, people will vote Democrat and that will be that....The Democrat Party becomes equal to The Communist Party...which of course is the real end game!

But most people don't think Russia is a player anymore...they are THE player.

funny part though, USA is still the most wealthiest country in the world.. witht he strongest military. its crazy to think we are the wealthiest even though we are in depth but every article ive read shows we are.

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

But USA isnt the richest per capita.

Good to see progress, the government is making people think you are rich in fact you are far from that.. Well about the military i agree i think there is no match for your firepower...

Some states are opting out of Obamacare. If we make it to 2016 without any major economic events happening, I will be amazed. I had an interesting thought earlier. Why not divide the country in half, democrats in one half, republicans in the other. Each side has its own form of government. We could actually let the democrats pay for their own welfare programs and then watch how fast it all crumbles.

I have said this before. Give them their Confederate states of America. Hell, let Texas have their own country too...

Like my daughter had said Mom I tired of being in the middle class working by ass off everyday to get a head for my family,paying half my check to day care, struggling to buy a house and putting food on the table. And now the government want to raise my taxs to pay more, and tax the more wealthy business, so I may end up loseing my Job anyway.Might as well join the Obama crowd and pop out a few more kids to get all the free support, housing ,food , day care, and then take a trip to the bahamas:) :)

I do not think you understand how government assisstance works...

• Like 1

I have said this before. Give them their Confederate states of America. Hell, let Texas have their own country too...

'Scuse me! Texas already IS its own country. We like to call it The United States of Texas!

texasflag.jpg

• Like 1

You pay taxes I pressume?

Then surely you must realise you're paying for roads you've never even heard off, you're paying for parks you've never visited, you're paying for police departments you have no direct business with, you're paying for fire fighters when it's a possibility you never have to go through a fire, you're paying for libraries even though you may never have read a book in your life.

You are not alone in the world. Everyone has to chip in for a country to work.

Very well said Render! There are just decisions that have to be made, that are just what is best for the common good. For me, that is that everyone has access to health care and the idea that I have to pitch in, do my part, is an honor not some awful fate.

• Like 2

ObamaCare doesn't have anything to do with any of that. The idea that you will be covered for everything is ludicrous...but, you are correct about 'paying taxes for everything'...except of course the part about being happy to do it...you won't be. You are going to be seriously p***ed when you realize in real life terms what this atrocity means.

Let's employ a bit of 'common sense' shall we. First, we know from obama's own mouth that the plan is to get to Single Payer. The way to get there is to drive up the cost of Insurance until everyone opts into the least expensive plan which is the Government One...the Insurance Companies will not be able to compete and will go out of business....there you go...Single Payer. Next, when that happens, everyone is paying high taxes on everything to pay for everyone's 'free' healthcare, what you will begin to understand is that there is no way on god's grey earth that anyone is going to be covered for everything...especially with the babyboomer's coming into old age. So, who gets what, and when and why...and why...become critical questions for the providers. And the 'providers' are government workers you will never have the displeasure of knowing.

But here is the rub...because it will all be Government deciding what....and because of course...government is corrupt as hell...who get's what, when, and why...the crucial questions (replacing of course the real crucial questions of What does my doctor think?) will become a political football...

....the end result of ObamaCare...when people begin to understand that the way they vote affects the Healthcare choices they are given...when they begin to understand that voting Democrat means Aunt Mildred gets a heart by-pass in time to actually save her life...but voting Republican or Third Party means that Uncle Joe is just given a pill for pain rather than the surgery he needs...then, people will vote Democrat and that will be that....The Democrat Party becomes equal to The Communist Party...which of course is the real end game!

Joc, Obama care has simply created choice and in choice one keeps the playing field level. It keeps the Insurance companies from being a monopoly. It is not the end of world hun.

• Like 1

Oh please, National Healthcare Plan puts us on par with Canada. Not exactly the end of the world.

The national problem is not that we are getting a fairer system of healthcare but that half the country actually believes in the delusional conspiracy you just recited. I know at times the lunatic fringe is mentioned but it is more like a little under half of the population.

While some believe the sky is falling to treat healthcare as a service like public roads, everyone rich or poor can use the same roads, instead of as a private toll road, that is as a business, is not going to harm anything except the useless insurance companies.

Inusrance companies are exactly like tolls in the middle of the road. And if we let you guys have it 100% all your way you would privatize roads.

But no matter how much one attempts to suffocate the Spirit of Compromise it will resurrect itself more times than Jesus on Easter, the Energizer Bunny, or the 1980s.

Oh please, National Healthcare Plan puts us on par with Canada. Not exactly the end of the world.

Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a National Healthcare Plan where we pay taxes and everyone can go to the doctor for free. You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company, according to your income. The only good thing about it is that maybe the insurance companies can't keep going up on you every year until you can't afford it anymore.

I guess this is going to require people to submit their tax returns to the insurance company so they can adjust your rates accordingly. If you can afford to pay more you will and if you can't you won't. The people that could never afford insurance still won't have to buy insurance and will be able to get free healthcare...just like they have always been able to.

• Like 2

Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a National Healthcare Plan where we pay taxes and everyone can go to the doctor for free. You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company, according to your income. The only good thing about it is that maybe the insurance companies can't keep going up on you every year until you can't afford it anymore.

I guess this is going to require people to submit their tax returns to the insurance company so they can adjust your rates accordingly. If you can afford to pay more you will and if you can't you won't. The people that could never afford insurance still won't have to buy insurance and will be able to get free healthcare...just like they have always been able to.

You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company...but guess who is paying for your Health Care? The Insurance Provider you are forced to acquire...there is not a chance that they will be able to make any money when THEY are forced to pay for anything the Government says is covered, which, at first will be, EVERYTHING...there isn't any such thing anymore as Pre-existing. So, one by one, the Insurance Companies will go out of business until we have...ta da...Single Payer Healthcare. That is when you really find out what this HealthCareNot Bill was all about.

• Like 1

Some people take advantage of wellfare and the food stamp problem.instead of going out and working they let the government take care of them..

• Like 1

Really? In a Socialist Society that is true. But that's not what America is/was. The days of The United States of America are over. As the drudgereport.com headline says: The Divided States of America. A Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. And so what will take it's place? The USof A will now become the USSA. The United Socialist States of America. What really blows my mind is that so many people are just lost to what that really means.

It means...kiss the Constituion of the US goodbye. When the Government puts it's boot on your throat...don't come crying to me...I won't care. I don't care. I'm only looking out for me now...me and my family...screw the rest of the 'union'. Ya'll wanted it...you got it...hope you have a stash of food somewhere.

What do you mean that's not what America was??? Are taxes a new concept for you? You really have no clue, do you.

What do you hope to accomplish by neverending nagging about this? America hasn't been doing well concerning health care, that's obvious. Do you think nobody should do anything and it would just magically work out itself? Or all the ppl in need would just die and that would be your idea of "problem solved" ?

The health care system didn't work, that's why both Candidates during the election had their version of a new health care system, which were pretty much the same, coincidentally.

Where the hell is your pride to create a truly Unified United States of America? Why would you think you're worth anything more than anybody else?

Everyone chips in, PERIOD.

• Like 1

It means we pick ourselves up by the boot straps and get our butts busy.

Something that amazed me through this process was the short term memory loss of people. When the economy tanked in late 07, the real experts...not the wanna be politicians...said it was going to take anywhere from 8 to 12 years to recover. I was continuously awed by the stupidity of people that thinking one man was going to fix the mess...and in 4 years or less. Monumentally ridiculous...to anyone that thought that...never-never land is just around the corner.

It also means that it's time to realize that outdated moral positions and intervention into people's private lives are not appreciated. The Repubs need to take a page from Ron Paul and Gary Johnson and focus on what they are good at...fiscal responsibility... and leave the moral and social issues out of it.

If a woman wants an abortion, that is no business of yours or mine or the Gov. It is between her, her family, her doctor and whatever God she prays to...period.

If a person wants to destroy their life with drugs and alcohol...fine...let them.

It is no one's business what two consenting adults do. If same sex couples want to get married, let them...I do not care...you can marry your mailbox for all I care...it will not affect my life in one way or another.

Let people be free, let them prosper and let them be happy...that is what we should have learned.

Jeremiah, i understand where your coming from 100%.. but honestly man, the problem is.. it is our problem, because WE PAY FOR IT in taxes. We pay for those who cant not afford abortions, because they know that they can just rely on the government to help them out and that is OUR PROBLEM. Someone is an addict on either booze or drugs, they get arrested and goes to jail, WE PAY FOR THEM.. it costs about 40-50k per year to house ONE inmate!!!! thats our TAX money going to work man.. I know you say live free, and its not our problem, but truly it is our problem.. Next time you get almost half your paycheck deducted think again about where all that money is going too.. im a die hard american, this country was built on beliefs that are no longer looked upon by those who take advantage of "free handouts".. It's funny, because I know for a fact, you ask those people who VOTED for OBAMA who are VP or Secretary of State is.. I guarntee you 40-60 percent, if not more.. would be able to tell you.

If that's true then you make way more than 200,000 per year and the rest of what you said is suspect.

first off ninjadude.. it doesn;t matter if someone makes 200,000 or more.. My brother makes more then that, but he is stressed supporting his family. Great, who cares if he worked hard to get where he was.. Many people work hard to achieve that goal.. yet the government wants to tax those who work harder to support those who want free handouts.. thats B.S.. say you happen to get a HUGEE raise, and you know make 220,00 a year, after all your hard work. you take your kids your wife and move to a great house that you worked for.. and WHOOPPSS all off a sudden, you get a letter saying YOUR TAXES HAVe gONE WAY UP.. we are now taking 55% of your check away... F-THAT!!!

as far as your Florida drug test statement.. 108 failed out of 4,800... but hold on a second.. 40% all of a sudden cancelled their drug screenings lol.. gimme a break man

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/florida-didnt-save-money-by-drug-testing-welfare-recipients-data-shows/1225721

P.S... Joc and Wolverine... I think you guys are very educated, not because you speak on behalf of one side, but because you've read both sides of the story and understand where this country (hopefully) will not go.

• Like 3