Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four more years

supervike

It is though you are sitting in the living room and I am telling you the back porch is on fire. You seem not to be worried about the porch at all...when you just have to know that it is going to be in your living room sooner than later.

Okay, let me ask you another question. You can't afford your operation right? So what sense does it make for your husband to come home with a $250,000 boat he bought on credit, pulled by an $80,000 BMW also bought on credit. And then he says, pack up our bags MisMelsWell...we're moving to Beverly Hills...I just bought a Seven Million dollar mansion....on credit. You would throw an absolute hissy fit! And then he would be all like...it's not as bad as you're flailing and writhing on the floor about.

Thats right, maybe Bush shouldn't have put a riduculous war on credit huh?

Maybe we should all looks at providing some health for our friends, family and neighbors... health care isn't on par with a BMW, a boat or a mansion. You've just put medical care on par with luxury items. Personally, I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY! It's worth far more than a BMW. Thanks. I guess I have some compassion and empathy for my family firends and neighbors. Or would you be willing to kick in on paying my hospital bill? Cuz someone will need to help me out or I'm going to be in big trouble with my mortgage company. Maybe I should ask my mom and dad? That's Romney's solution isn't it?

• Like 2

Thats right, maybe Bush shouldn't have put a riduculous war on credit huh?

Maybe we should all looks at providing some health for our friends, family and neighbors... health care isn't on par with a BMW, a boat or a mansion. You've just put medical care on par with luxury items. Personally, I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY! It's worth far more than a BMW. Thanks. I guess I have some compassion and empathy for my family firends and neighbors. Or would you be willing to kick in on paying my hospital bill? Cuz someone will need to help me out or I'm going to be in big trouble with my mortgage company. Maybe I should ask my mom and dad? That's Romney's solution isn't it?

Can we please stop blaming Bush for every little thing?

Here is something for you to chew on as well...Your Insurance Premium is, to a large degree, determined by your CREDIT SCORE!

That's right! So two people, same age, same gender, same health risks, (let's say none) may pay drastically different premiums for the same exact policy because person #1 has excellent credit and person #2 has really bad credit. Did you know that?

What is “insurance scoring”? How is your insurance score related to your credit history and your ability to obtain insurance?

Insurance scoring is a method of rating an individual's risk for making claims for certain types of insurance based on selected aspects of their credit history. The insurance industry cites statistical evidence showing a strong correlation between good credit and fewer claims and poor credit and more frequent/more costly claims. Based on this correlation, an insurance score may be used both as a screening factor for an insurance applicant's acceptability and as a rating factor for placing a consumer in a particular risk classification, which has a bearing on the cost of premiums and insurance benefits.

The vast majority of insurers use insurance credit scoring in underwriting and rating auto insurance. Many insurers also use insurance scoring related to homeowner's property-casualty insurance.

LINK

There is no incentive anymore for people to be succesful, we punish the succesful by wanting to tax them more and making them out to be evil.

No offense, but I can't see people like the Rothchilds being good in anyway. How can you sit there with the money to feed and house everyone on the planet twice over while there is children starving to death lying in their own feces. I'm sorry if that sounds really disgusting and forward but what other way is there to put it? These people carry on giving the US and other countries debt while sitting there earning billions. These people are ruining your beloved America. They ruined it the moment they lied to everyone and got their central bank in place. The central banking system was one of the key reasons the US people fought the British for independence.

I would love to be an American if it was the country it was supposed to be, but sadly it's not. It's just a bigger and worse UK because of the banking system, oil industry and corporate companies.

I would love to be an American if it was the country it was supposed to be, but sadly it's not. It's just a bigger and worse UK because of the banking system, oil industry and corporate companies.

America is a bigger and worse UK because of the uncontrollable size and power of the Federal Government. How can you miss that? How can you miss that having billions doesn't make you the caretaker of those who don't. How can you miss that it is 'corporate companies' (also know as corporations) both large and small (mostly small) that create the jobs that people have?

The central banking system was one of the key reasons the US people fought the British for independence.

We didn't go to war with a banking system dude. We went to war with an oppressive government! Government becomes Oppressive when all of the power is at the top.

• Like 1

Personally, I dont think my life or health should EVER be considered a LUXURY!

In the context of obamacare....

...Not to be religious, I am not, but I don't think healthcare is a god given human right. I believe health is only god given. The rest is up to you and not me. If I can help you I would. If I can't, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

Another question... If you consider your life not to be a luxury then how do you feel about abortion? I feel any abortion not relatated to major health concerns, rape and incest is a life treated as a luxury item cut off as a matter of convenience to the bearer. That's not a religious view at all. It's a matter of morality that came to fruition on my own will.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

We don't have any 'god-given' human rights.

All the rights we have were dictated by other humans. That means we can redefine them, as a society, any time we'd like.

We live in one of the most prosperous countries in all of human history, and we should be able to make sure people have fair and equal access to health care. I think we owe it to the people of our society to help out when possible. I understand people 'live off the system' and that makes me mad as well, but I'd rather see that than someone lose their entire lives savings because of an unfortunate health problem.

If 'god' had anything to do with it, why would anyone ever get sick?

We live in one of the most prosperous countries in all of human history, and we should be able to make sure people have fair and equal access to health care.

Yes you are right. I believe we should have a government responsible enough to balance a budget and live with OUR means and when that day happens and I see our taxes being handled properly I will be the first one advocating a tax paid responsibly handled universal healthcare system.

Even many supporters of obamacare will admit it may not be right or perfect but at least it's something. I can never expect perfection but if it ain't right then it ain't right.

• Like 1

In the context of obamacare....

...Not to be religious, I am not, but I don't think healthcare is a god given human right. I believe health is only god given. The rest is up to you and not me. If I can help you I would. If I can't, I shouldn't be forced to do so.

Another question... If you consider your life not to be a luxury then how do you feel about abortion? I feel any abortion not relatated to major health concerns, rape and incest is a life treated as a luxury item cut off as a matter of convenience to the bearer. That's not a religious view at all. It's a matter of morality that came to fruition on my own will.

So in short, you're totally ok with people dying because they can't get healthcare due to being unable to afford it.

Ok, no worries, I'll just get that surgery, then when I can't afford the bill, I'm just going to not pay it (because I can't) and you'll just end up paying for it in the long run anyway. No sweat.

See how not having a healcare works against you too? You're going to pay for it one way or another. The way you pay for it really is your choice. I personally think forcing people into financial ruin over a hospital bill is grotesque. Therefore I support other methods of keeping our communities healthy.

• Like 1

So in short, you're totally ok with people dying because they can't get healthcare due to being unable to afford it.

No. Never mind. This is always the same.

No. Never mind. This is always the same.

You didn't give an answer previously except something about healthcare not being a human right. So that means to you it's something else... but what, I can only assume. Sorry you left yourself open to that. What happens to people who can't afford it? Do they die? Do you yell at sick people to get a job or four jobs for that matter? What?

You didn't give an answer previously except something about healthcare not being a human right. So that means to you it's something else... but what, I can only assume. Sorry you left yourself open to that. What happens to people who can't afford it? Do they die? Do you yell at sick people to get a job or four jobs for that matter? What?

Ok, healthcare is not a human right. It's a human ability. As for the rest yea yea croak and die is my M.O.

Wow, I stil can't tell if that's an answer or not. What would you do if you were president regarding health care? Nothing isn't an answer. And make sure your solution is one you can get through the house and senate. Go.

Wow, I stil can't tell if that's an answer or not. What would you do if you were president regarding health care? Nothing isn't an answer. And make sure your solution is one you can get through the house and senate. Go.

Please. Am I in school? First, I asked a question first and you've completely and predictably played the heartless jerk card on me. Second, I'm not running for president but I've already said many times before that I would first have to see a government proven to be fiscally responsible. So many things need to happen for that to happen and that means every constitutional obligation is being met and being handled properly before the next phase. That would take a full 8 year presidency at the very least and starting from day one. Third, after that goal is complete and assured to continue for time to come assuming I have been the most immaculate, fastest acting president the country has known and ever will know, I would propose a fiscally cautious and responsible universal healthcare system that the citizens approve of first. Remember, everything else has to be in order first. Waste must be a proven thing of the past. A president as great as I has very high expectations.

I certainly wouldn't jump in my first term during a financial crisis with no knowledge of finances, spend like hell on stimuli and propose a financially disastrous, single payer end game oriented healthcare bill that penalizes you heavy and monetarily through the power of the IRS for not agreeing with it which is dancing around the finest and arguably invisible print the US constitution has buried within its oh so loose interpretations and have an irresponsible congress blindly vote for it on a Christmas Eve when nobodies paying attention less than two years into my rookie presidency just for my own egotistical pleasure. I certainly wouldn't do those things. Have I earned your vote?

In other words it wouldn't be a top priority in a time of so many other more important priorities. Maybe there are issues with healthcare as we know it but seriously we are broke and it could be worse. Do you think people wont be dying post obamacare? It's not as if we currently have an epidemic of people dropping like flies. You make it sound like without obamacare we are living in the dark ages.

I think Obamacare is just a means to an end. It will fail miserably - as it was intended to IMO. Then we will have something akin to the NHS in Britain or whatever they call it in Canada. Which means that everyone (except the wealthy, of course) will have mediocre care but will not be given a bill at the point of service. The bill will come on tax day each year and tax "freedom" day will be a thing of the past. And everyone will gripe and complain and eventually forget it was ever any better. And speaking of healthcare....I hope Oby gets hemorrhoids :w00t: it's the least he can do after what he's causing the rest of us to suffer.

See, you just lost the election... American's are p***ED off that we on average owe more than $6000 per household on medical expenses and 18% of our income goes to healthcare costs...something has to give. No one thnks "obamacare" is the answer. But the majority think it's a step toward a solution.

See, you just lost the election... American's are p***ED off that we on average owe more than $6000 per household on medical expenses and 18% of our income goes to healthcare costs...something has to give. No one thnks "obamacare" is the answer. But the majority think it's a step toward a solution.

Yes and the average person owes how many tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars towards the national debt? Americans are p***sed about that too but apparently that's secondary. If its about money than wouldn't the logical first step be to lower the debt? Getting rid of the biggest costs are always the first steps towards prosperity. After you do that, THEN, we can concentrate on nationwide benefit packages that you get just for being born, if your lucky enough for even that which returns me to the first question i asked that you've blatantly dodged all night.

But you don't see either. Unless something can be done to restore some yearly monies back to the people, they don't give a rats ass about the national debt. They really don't. They're buried in personal debt, with medical being a huge chunk of that in many cases. As the president you have to do what the people are demanding in some way. If people are sick, and buried in personal debt, nothing can be done about the national debt anyway. In order to have a functioning society, people have to be able to make a living (jobs) they have to be healthy (affordable health care). Pin those things down and people once again start to become interested in the national debt and feel they can do something about it.

But you don't see either. Unless something can be done to restore some yearly monies back to the people, they don't give a rats ass about the national debt. They really don't. They're buried in personal debt, with medical being a huge chunk of that in many cases. As the president you have to do what the people are demanding in some way. If people are sick, and buried in personal debt, nothing can be done about the national debt anyway. In order to have a functioning society, people have to be able to make a living (jobs) they have to be healthy (affordable health care). Pin those things down and people once again start to become interested in the national debt and feel they can do something about it.

You are just 180 degrees out of phase with reality. I would encourage you to get a second job to pay for the Economics 101 class that you despertely need to take. You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm sorry you just don't. I am sure you are a very sweet person...but you are a very sweet clueless person. We are on a fast train to hell. ObamaCare isn't any solution to anything. Look, here is the truth...Obama was chosen (and not by the people) for one reason...to get ObamaCare passed. They knew Hillary couldn't do it, and they figured Obama could. Everything in that legislation was written when Hillary had her closed meetings when Bill was president. The ENTIRE piece of legislation had one intent...to Nationalize healthcare...with one reason for doing so...to put the Democrats in power forever. That was the design of the legislation...not to help you with your medical bills but to enslave you as a Democrat Devotee until the day you die. And it worked...welcome to the club of the Proletariat MissWell.

That was uncalled for Joc.

And thanks, I've taken a number of "economics" classes which I passed with very good grades.

And if this is a step to national healthcare then fine. But it's not. And I NEVER said "obamacare" was a solution. Not once.

I just see reality. The reality is that people want affordable health care and it's the governments job to get that done through reform and regulations. The fact that the republicans keep wanting to ignore that has dramatically hurt them as a party. If they could come up with a plan to fix it, I'll start listening again, but until then, they don't have mine, my community or my nations best insterests at heart. The end.

That was uncalled for Joc.

And thanks, I've taken a number of "economics" classes which I passed with very good grades.

And if this is a step to national healthcare then fine. But it's not. And I NEVER said "obamacare" was a solution. Not once.

I just see reality. The reality is that people want affordable health care and it's the governments job to get that done through reform and regulations. The fact that the republicans keep wanting to ignore that has dramatically hurt them as a party. If they could come up with a plan to fix it, I'll start listening again, but until then, they don't have mine, my community or my nations best insterests at heart. The end.

But you just said this:

Unless something can be done to restore some yearly monies back to the people, they don't give a rats ass about the national debt. They really don't. They're buried in personal debt...

You don't really see the correlation do you? Why would they be concerned about their own nation's debt? Why do people go into debt in their personal lives? Because they borrow more than they can afford to. And what does it do to their own personal lives? It destroys them.

So, it is no surprise that people who don't have any fiscal responsiblity in their own personal situations would care a twit about a federal government that has no fiscal responslibilty either.

That being said I know there are alot of people MissWells who are deep in debt because of medical bills that they couldn't pay because of lack of insurance. I'm not talking about them and neither were you.

The fact of the matter is, if the federal government wasn't sucking all the Capital out of the private sector, there would not be a problem with employment at all...the Government is killing Business Reinvestment in this country and THAT is what creates jobs MissWells.

And ObamaCare is what I said, but you didn't listen because you thought I was 'dissing' you. I apologize for the remarks about you taking Economics 101...but the facts are one thing...and your Perspective is not on the same page as the facts. That's really all I was saying. :)

I lost nothing that I already possessed. I truly think Oby is bad for the country but the people have spoken and that's good enough for me. I think Obamacare is just what I said - a means to an end. And while there definitely needs to be changes to our system, the changes it will bring will, on the whole, be negative I think.

I lost nothing that I already possessed. I truly think Oby is bad for the country but the people have spoken and that's good enough for me. I think Obamacare is just what I said - a means to an end. And while there definitely needs to be changes to our system, the changes it will bring will, on the whole, be negative I think.

You're right, the people have spoken... they re-elected Obama.

I think Obamacare is just a means to an end. It will fail miserably - as it was intended to IMO. Then we will have something akin to the NHS in Britain or whatever they call it in Canada. Which means that everyone (except the wealthy, of course) will have mediocre care but will not be given a bill at the point of service. The bill will come on tax day each year and tax "freedom" day will be a thing of the past. And everyone will gripe and complain and eventually forget it was ever any better. And speaking of healthcare....I hope Oby gets hemorrhoids :w00t: it's the least he can do after what he's causing the rest of us to suffer.

People in the UK don't go broke getting Medical Treatment on the NHS,which is an issue in the US ( I know this happens i have family in the US ) So you pay more Taxes,big deal. My Mother back in the UK has to take medication every day for the rest of her life and she never has to worry where the cost for her next month of medication comes from.Where's the suffering in that.

\

• Like 3