Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four more years

supervike

Have you ever heard the saying the world needs ditch diggers to?

Do you really think that if everyone went out and educated themselves so they could get a job that pays enough to live on well that there would just be a job there waiting for them? That is idiotic thinking. The bottom line is there are not enough well paying jobs for everyone. Do you hear any industry crying out WE NEED MORE WORKERS! WHY CAN'T WE FIND ENOUGH EDUCATED WORKERS! I don't know of any. So that person checking you out at walmart is working the only job they may have been able to find. I hope you never find yourself the victim of circumstance and find your self out of work, out of money, and out of luck.

What I find funny is that I do make 12 bucks an hour working at a gas station, but my yearly income was only an example...I work part time at a gas station because I am going to school full time. You kind of need to finish school before you can have a career because you cannot do both at the same time...

I hope they do find themselves in that situation so then they will understand. I just feel like so many people do not understand...

Edited by HuttonEtAl
  • Like 1

4 more years.. *Elect a new president* .. 4 more years.. * Another election* 4 more years again.. * election after election * RESULT - Don't matter who is elected on either side.. people will still cry out - 4 more years.. we are done for lol

All I can say is that Obama better destroy the country and enslave everyone. No more broken promises!

:P

That was funny lol

All I have to say on the matter is obama supporters are either racist African Americans or white politically correct morons who feel they still have to be overly apologetic for something that went on before they were even born i.e slavery. America has no hope when political elections are decided by factors other than politics!

He is your president, whether like him or not you have to live with it. If not then leave everything behind and move to a new country

• Like 3

What I find funny is that I do make 12 bucks an hour working at a gas station, but my yearly income was only an example...I work part time at a gas station because I am going to school full time. You kind of need to finish school before you can have a career because you cannot do both at the same time...

I hope they do find themselves in that situation so then they will understand. I just feel like so many people do not understand...

I commend you for going to school full time and then working when you can on top of that.

My hubby worked full time and went to school at night for two and a half years. He used his weekends to study, even with this, at the time, the only way we were able to afford school without loans was money I had from an inheritance.

It was a tough few years for us, but it has been one of the best decisions/sacrifice's we ever made.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

All I have to say on the matter is obama supporters are either racist African Americans or white politically correct morons who feel they still have to be overly apologetic for something that went on before they were even born i.e slavery. America has no hope when political elections are decided by factors other than politics!

That is a racist statement. Did you ever consider people voted for him without taking race into consideration? Did you ever consider people agree with his values? Did you ever consider that he was the Dem canidate and people are going to vote straight ticket D? The fact that you see this as a racist issues says a lot about you...

• Like 3

I commend you for going to school full time and then working when you can on top of that.

My hubby worked full time and went to school at night for two and a half years. He used his weekends to study, even with this, at the time, the only way we were able to afford school without loans was money I had from an inheritance.

It was a tough few years for us, but it has been one of the best decisions/sacrifice's we ever made.

It is hard mentally and emotionally, but not financially. I get the G.I. Bill, so I make good money just for being a student. The extra money that I earn working is just to pay off bills (and save up money) that we aquired buying a house and my wife being on maturnity leave. This summer we lived on the money we had saved up and my income. I felt like a real man bringing home the check lol. We just ran out of money a month ago and then I lost both of my cars, but we are good now. It just takes planning and time management. In a few months we should never have money issues again because we try to stay out of debt and we make enough to live the lifestyle we want to live.

I am glad you guys made similar decisions. It is really worth it to get the education.

• Like 1

Well then using your logic, Supporters for romney are Stupid White racist good ol boys or Dim witted Black uncle tom's.

I guess we know what determined who you cast your vote for.

{looks at watch}

Oh your late. dont want to miss your rally right, don't forget your white sheet.

Edited by Grey14
  • Like 2

It is hard mentally and emotionally, but not financially. I get the G.I. Bill, so I make good money just for being a student. The extra money that I earn working is just to pay off bills (and save up money) that we aquired buying a house and my wife being on maturnity leave. This summer we lived on the money we had saved up and my income. I felt like a real man bringing home the check lol. We just ran out of money a month ago and then I lost both of my cars, but we are good now. It just takes planning and time management. In a few months we should never have money issues again because we try to stay out of debt and we make enough to live the lifestyle we want to live.

I am glad you guys made similar decisions. It is really worth it to get the education.

Aha! You ARE on welfare...I KNEW it!

:tsu::gun: jk

I am glad things are good for you too! Both hubby and I are frugal, ("The Great Depression"- grand parents), so we both learned how to save for a rainy day.

It just going to be a grid lock for another four years in what the Government can do for the all the selfish me me`s, or the country.

A famous statement once made by a democrat that the party must had forgotten “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country, if there going to be any country left or sold out after the next four years.

I voted for the President, and I don't think I fall into any of your asinine categories.

Can't you just come to grips that people have different opinions, and knock of the insulting name calling?

It just going to be a grid lock for another four years in what the Government can do for the all the selfish me me`s, or the country.

A famous statement once made by a democrat that the party must had forgotten “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country, if there going to be any country left or sold out after the next four years.

There are still plenty of opportunities for the GOP to stop any gridlock. Politics is often about compromise. Don't throw that all at the feet of the Dems.

Sorry guys but its people taking care of people, not a government`s control and a debt that can end the way of life as we know it.

Hats off to you for futhering your education. I did the same thing but worked full time while going to school at night. But now my family and I live quite comfortable.

Now as for the next four years I figure the prez will play it quiet, not make to many waves for the next two years so he can hope to get a super majority for the last two. Then we all just better pray our ankles aren't to far away when we have to grab them.

Would you call passing the NDAA an accomplishment?

There is an NDAA passed yearly. Just in case you don't know that.

How do you figure "foot in mouth disease"?

The results of this election do not in any way change how i feel about this admin or its policies.

The nation woke up today and found that more than 50% of those voting are all for turning our nation into a massive welfare state.

Talk bad about Fox all you want but the simple truth is that anyone who wants to know whats going on HAS to go to Fox news because the other channels wont report anything negative about their guy.

If it werent for Fox news America wouldnt have even known about Fast and Furious or the Benghazi fiasco.

Nixon resigned for far less than this President has been responsible for.

Yet no one seems to care as long as they get their welfare check.

I would say God help us all but the Obama admin has ensured that if God does exists he has washed his hands of us.

Cap, I agree with you, however, I would like to add that independent sources, i.e. libertarian (yes, yes flame me all you want people) are also a good source of bi-partisan information.

I cannot see how obamas policies won him the election, how has he done in his first term? He Has destroyed America and its reputation globally, stripped his citizens of their freedoms, took a dump on the constitution, created executive orders and kill lists for American citizens, the list goes on. As far as I can see the only good thing he has done for people is give them an obamaphone. In modern history, is there a president who has done so much to negatively impact America and managed to get a second term? Wether you don't want to talk about it or pretend it doesn't exist, there are reasons other than politics that people voted for Obama.

I cannot see how obamas policies won him the election, how has he done in his first term? He Has destroyed America and its reputation globally, stripped his citizens of their freedoms, took a dump on the constitution, created executive orders and kill lists for American citizens, the list goes on. As far as I can see the only good thing he has done for people is give them an obamaphone. In modern history, is there a president who has done so much to negatively impact America and managed to get a second term? Wether you don't want to talk about it or pretend it doesn't exist, there are reasons other than politics that people voted for Obama.

Ronald Regan

• Like 2

Ronald Regan

From June 27, 2012

First, here is cumulative GDP growth during the first three years of the Reagan recovery and the Obama recovery, using the dating system of the National Bureau of Economic Research and optimistically assuming 2% growth for the second quarter of this year:

062712gdp.jpg

Big advantage to Reagan. Second, here is a comparison of net new nonfarm payrolls created over the first 35 months of the two recoveries, adjusted for the growth in population since the 1980s:

062712jobs.jpg

Source: Case Closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts

Sort of speaks for itself, though there are certainly some nits to be picked.

Harte

From June 27, 2012

062712gdp.jpg

062712jobs.jpg

Source: Case Closed: The Reagan Recovery vs. the Obama Recovery in two charts

Sort of speaks for itself, though there are certainly some nits to be picked.

Harte

Problem is that, to the contrary of the Reagan recovery, most jobs flipping hamburgers were already taken:

distoflaborforcebysector.png

The US has been growing jobs in only one sector since 1920: services. The problem with the service sector is that there are only so many who can sell hamburgers and so many who can clean the windows of the hamburger stand. Once you have enough service providers for your population additional jobs are not created.

We reached that point in 1990. After that full time jobs were earning less and less and a slew of part-time jobs were created, but that were mostly occupied by somebody incapable of making ends meet working 8 hours a day. But in the statistics that looked very good.

And no, Obama is not going to change that, the only thing that could is to make money with money less lucrative than producing. But no Republican is going to change that either.