Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did we learn in this election?

CommunitarianKevin

Keep your green agenda to yourself, it isnt working.

Neither is Congress...You'll be in the Do Do come January..

Think however you want but simple fact is that by the end of Obamas 4 years we will be Greece.

You are not in Greece and never will be, Greece gets bailed out.

Vhat did ve learn? I have to reassess my answer. Nothing. We learned nothing. No one learned a thing. Bad? Good? I don't know, but it's just seems to be 'back to business as usual' for the majority of people.

• Like 2

Well ,the Republicans learned that Obama was a two term president.

• Like 2

I've learned the majority of americans don't have a clue or care what the intent of the founding fathers was when they wrote the constitution.

• Like 4

We learned many things:

1. Money does not so much matter, as seen by the Super-Pacs waste of cash, it changed nothing.

2. You cannot win elections being uncommitted on the issues, Obama did not win 'cause he is so popular, he won 'cause the other and his platform was a dud.

3. A party cannot be a one-fits-all affair, 'cause than it fits nobody and nobody is interested. And it cannot be 3 parties in one, just scares off the 18% that decide the election.

4. Angry old white males are a minority, so a party cannot expect to win basing its platform on their opinion.

5. Nobody really cares whether the good old US of A can drag the biggest balls over the ground, the issues that matter are domestic.

6. The third parties failed once again to make themselves known to a broader public...but that was kind of expected.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

(opening pay envelope) "Hey, I got a raise! Cool deal"! (reads bottom line) "What the hell-I'm making less than before"! (reads further) "Go figure-my health insurance went up, too"! That's what I learned.

We learned many things:

1. Money does not so much matter, as seen by the Super-Pacs waste of cash, it changed nothing.

2. You cannot win elections being uncommitted on the issues, Obama did not win 'cause he is so popular, he won 'cause the other and his platform was a dud.

3. A party cannot be a one-fits-all affair, 'cause than it fits nobody and nobody is interested. And it cannot be 3 parties in one, just scares off the 18% that decide the election.

4. Angry old white males are a minority, so a party cannot expect to win basing its platform on their opinion.

5. Nobody really cares whether the good old US of A can drag the biggest balls over the ground, the issues that matter are domestic.

6. The third parties failed once again to make themselves known to a broader public...but that was kind of expected.

Obama won with no second term plan whatsoever,simply because he knew the Republicans along with the Tea Party were singing the same old song to an ever decreasing circle of supporters.

I've learned that Romney's a maker, the voters are takers, and Obama's a faker.

Vein...nice play...not true....

Romney was a faker...and evryone else is a taker....that includes you too. Did you use exemptions on your last tax returns? You ****g cheater....you suck...you need to be taken out and shot.

The truth is...this whole sham really needs to do what I have suggested for years. slimline baby.

Here is a wordey post I made from another site: Bare in mind that someone swore China was a Big threat....

"Erm...China is NOT improving their economy. it's a false image for the world. I did some contract work for a Chinese firm back in March and April and had to spend a lot of time up at 2:00 am talking to people in Wu Han and I can tell you...they aren't doing as well as they want the west to think they are.

This whole thing with the GOP IS about money. Our world has changed and I have said it in other threads and got accused of hating my country (which is absolutely ridiculous).

This system is broken...time to toss it out and start over. I am not saying we throw out the founding documents, I am saying we clean house, drop all the BS that IS NOT in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and reform the governing bodies.

This is going to inflame the hell out of some people, but before you rant and go off on a tirade, think outside the box.

I say we legalize everything. Drop the ridiculous regulations, certifications, licensing, etc. There are some professional fields that do need to be regulated...i.e. Physicians, lawyers, pharmacists...people's who work can ruin (or end) the life of another. But many-many of the regulations we look at now when trying to start a career or a business is flat out cronyism. Rules made (read as lobbied for) by those already doing something to thin out and prevent competition.

The religious thing...I am a spiritual person, but I am not devout to any particular religion. I personally believe wisdom is held within all of them. The point of our founding documents is I can be free to believe what I want to believe but it should have absolutely no bearing on how (if I were in Government) I would legislate or lead. Believe it or not, there is nothing wrong with a touch of secularism in governance. People should be free ot worship and pray to whoever or whatever the wish, but their beliefs should not be in a position to reign over another.

The rights are what they are. Our civil-legal code has become such an abomination...based purely on propping up a false security. People are willing to give up freedom to prevent certain things from happening. I am not. If something bad were to happen...so be it, I am not afraid of the great unknown...we are all going to take a dirt nap one day...when it's your time...go with some damn grace. Don't desperately cling to a life that has reached it's end...let go and embrace whatever comes next...which may well be nothingness, but to fear it is to live a terrible existence. I don't personally think "Nothingness" is the next stage, but that is me. Perhaps it is the fear of the next stage that is causing all the problems in this one.

You can't take it with you and as much as we try to say it is about "legacy" to our progeny...that's usually only part of it...it's a twisted sense of "immortality" most people struggle with...they want to leave a mark....they want to be remembered. Arrogance. You are an ugly bag of mostly water...move along and be done with it. Your progeny will make it with or without your help.

Oops...strayed a little off topic there.

The GOP is the epitome of hypocrisy. they proclaim to be "Christian" or "moral majority" and yet the ignore everything their religious documents say. They say they are pro-life but they will let a child starve or a returning veteran to live on the streets...as I said before "acceptable collateral damage of capitalism". Here is a clue...that is not what Jesus would do. They bark that they are for small government and freedom but they want to tell you what you can put in or take out of your body (drugs and abortions)...they are prepared to jail people that break these rules....how is that freedom and how is that small Gov?...it requires more bureaucracy to enforce such mad-hatter rules.

Just my freedom loving philosophy speaking here folks. I am a Libertarian with a touch of anarchism...I am quite prepared to live in the wild west...I am quite capable of knowing what is right and wrong...I do not need a bunch of pompous a-holes telling me how to conduct my day to day life.edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

• Like 3

Romney was a faker...and evryone else is a taker....that includes you too. Did you use exemptions on your last tax returns? You ****g cheater....you suck...you need to be taken out and shot.

It's not cheating to follow what's in the tax code. The only people that call it a tax loophole are the bureaucrats that wrote the law to screw rich people to begin with and they get angry because they failed in their attempt. The liberals who use lawyers lawyers lawyers to impose their will upon everybody, even to circumvent the constitution, get infuriated when someone finds a way to turn it around on them and screw them right back. Did you ever see the movie "Old School" in which the principal keeps trying to use rules and regulations kick the fraternity off campus, but the fraternity keeps using more rules and regulations to get around it. That's what p***es off the liberals.

Edited by Vein Capital
  • Like 2

So many chicken little's and fanatics when it comes to politics

• Like 3

I've learned that Romney's a maker

He should have made a decision about where he stood on some issues then.

Kind of like watching Obama turn all gangsta when adressing a group of blacks as opposed to addressing whites.

Talk about a phony.

You think changing your style of speech is the same as changing what you say? Interesting.

I've learned the majority of americans don't have a clue or care what the intent of the founding fathers was when they wrote the constitution.

Wow. You just learned that? I learned it decades ago.

• Like 1

I learned most people have no idea what working for a living is and prefer to steal the money from someone wlse

• Like 3

Vhat did ve learn? I have to reassess my answer. Nothing. We learned nothing. No one learned a thing. Bad? Good? I don't know, but it's just seems to be 'back to business as usual' for the majority of people.

Yup. Business as usual, and it won't change anytime soon. The continued dismal support for 3rd party candidates shows that most people either don't care or aren't paying enough attention to notice that both major parties lie to them on a regular basis. Both Obama and Romney lied and/or exaggerated repeatedly throughout the campaign. Neither of the major parties is the party of Truth. Obama only won because Romney couldn't or wouldn't consistently say what his plans were if elected.

Wow. You just learned that? I learned it decades ago.

Yes but I feel that it has been more pronounced in the last decade.Iraq, the bailouts, and such.

• Like 1

I learned most people have no idea what working for a living is and prefer to steal the money from someone wlse

yep we should cut defense spending by 50 percent.

You think changing your style of speech is the same as changing what you say? Interesting.

I heard one of Obama's former campagin aides describe that event Cap. is refering to as "the president just talking to his people". That whole "his people" reference went through me like a knife.

I always said the democats are the most racist close-minded people I have ever met.

• Like 2

yep we should cut defense spending by 50 percent.

And welfare by 75.

• Like 3

If that was true, Romney would have won the popular vote if not the election. Look at which states take the most government funding compared to the taxes they pay. They are predominantly conservative states. Red states love handouts.

• Like 1

I heard one of Obama's former campagin aides describe that event Cap. is refering to as "the president just talking to his people". That whole "his people" reference went through me like a knife.

I always said the democats are the most racist close-minded people I have ever met.

So, you do think changing your style of speech is worse than changing what you say. To me, changing your viewpoint to fit your audience is much worse than changing how you express your viewpoint to fit your audience.

So, you do think changing your style of speech is worse than changing what you say. To me, changing your viewpoint to fit your audience is much worse than changing how you express your viewpoint to fit your audience.

Either way it pandering and fake.

• Like 2

Vein...nice play...not true....

The truth is...this whole sham really needs to do what I have suggested for years. slimline baby.

Here is a wordey post I made from another site: Bare in mind that someone swore China was a Big threat....

"Erm...China is NOT improving their economy. it's a false image for the world. I did some contract work for a Chinese firm back in March and April and had to spend a lot of time up at 2:00 am talking to people in Wu Han and I can tell you...they aren't doing as well as they want the west to think they are.

This whole thing with the GOP IS about money. Our world has changed and I have said it in other threads and got accused of hating my country (which is absolutely ridiculous).

This system is broken...time to toss it out and start over. I am not saying we throw out the founding documents, I am saying we clean house, drop all the BS that IS NOT in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and reform the governing bodies.

This is going to inflame the hell out of some people, but before you rant and go off on a tirade, think outside the box.

I say we legalize everything. Drop the ridiculous regulations, certifications, licensing, etc. There are some professional fields that do need to be regulated...i.e. Physicians, lawyers, pharmacists...people's who work can ruin (or end) the life of another. But many-many of the regulations we look at now when trying to start a career or a business is flat out cronyism. Rules made (read as lobbied for) by those already doing something to thin out and prevent competition.

The religious thing...I am a spiritual person, but I am not devout to any particular religion. I personally believe wisdom is held within all of them. The point of our founding documents is I can be free to believe what I want to believe but it should have absolutely no bearing on how (if I were in Government) I would legislate or lead. Believe it or not, there is nothing wrong with a touch of secularism in governance. People should be free ot worship and pray to whoever or whatever the wish, but their beliefs should not be in a position to reign over another.

The rights are what they are. Our civil-legal code has become such an abomination...based purely on propping up a false security. People are willing to give up freedom to prevent certain things from happening. I am not. If something bad were to happen...so be it, I am not afraid of the great unknown...we are all going to take a dirt nap one day...when it's your time...go with some damn grace. Don't desperately cling to a life that has reached it's end...let go and embrace whatever comes next...which may well be nothingness, but to fear it is to live a terrible existence. I don't personally think "Nothingness" is the next stage, but that is me. Perhaps it is the fear of the next stage that is causing all the problems in this one.

You can't take it with you and as much as we try to say it is about "legacy" to our progeny...that's usually only part of it...it's a twisted sense of "immortality" most people struggle with...they want to leave a mark....they want to be remembered. Arrogance. You are an ugly bag of mostly water...move along and be done with it. Your progeny will make it with or without your help.

Oops...strayed a little off topic there.

The GOP is the epitome of hypocrisy. they proclaim to be "Christian" or "moral majority" and yet the ignore everything their religious documents say. They say they are pro-life but they will let a child starve or a returning veteran to live on the streets...as I said before "acceptable collateral damage of capitalism". Here is a clue...that is not what Jesus would do. They bark that they are for small government and freedom but they want to tell you what you can put in or take out of your body (drugs and abortions)...they are prepared to jail people that break these rules....how is that freedom and how is that small Gov?...it requires more bureaucracy to enforce such mad-hatter rules.

Just my freedom loving philosophy speaking here folks. I am a Libertarian with a touch of anarchism...I am quite prepared to live in the wild west...I am quite capable of knowing what is right and wrong...I do not need a bunch of pompous a-holes telling me how to conduct my day to day life.edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

nice rant bro.... Ron Paul should be Prez.. You know it, I know it and everybody else who knows a little bit knows it too

lol