Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Still Waters

Woman's £20,000 collection of Xmas baubles

12 posts in this topic

Grandmother Sylvia Pope likes to be prepared for Christmas.

Every year she spends the weeks from September onwards decorating her Swansea home.

But 70-year-old Sylvia has a lot to do because she has an enormous collection of 1750 glittering baubles to hang on the ceiling of her living room.

And it takes Sylvia so long to complete the enormous task that she will leave the decorations - worth £20,000 - up until March.

http://www.dailymail...ng-baubles.html

Grandmothers, ay?!! :rolleyes:

That's why I have seven trees. I wonder how many decorations I would have by the time I was seventy? I buy one on every vacation, get a new one around Christmas and people give me them to me for Christmas every year.

If it keeps her active, going up and down the ladder, it has to be good thing if only for that reason.

We have quite a lot of baubles, but nothing like this! I bought a few lovely baubles in Paperchase this year, they have a very kitsch line in stock at the mo.

I hope one day, she sells them and then donates the money to Haiti or another place of starvation.

1 person likes this

We put our baubles on the ceiling too! It's because if we have a xmas tree the cat destroys it....but we don't have as many as this groovy granny!

I was surprised she was attaching them with drawing pins/thumb tacks, if I was her I would have lots of little hooks permanently screwed into the ceiling. Drawing pins are the very devil to get out, why would you give yourself the task of pulling thousands out? Madness!

I brought a fibre optic xmas tree and thats the only decoration I put up, cost $50 . I hate baubles and crap hanging everywhere.

1 person likes this

I hate crap hanging everywhere.

Don't we all?! :hmm:

2 people like this

I brought a fibre optic xmas tree and thats the only decoration I put up, cost $50 . I hate baubles and crap hanging everywhere.

It is only acceptable to me at Christmas. Otherwise my house is very uncluttered.

There is no way I would hang things like that from my ceiling, because I hate ladders and our ceiling is eleven and a half feet high.

1 person likes this

Christmas from September to March?

Kill me now.

1 person likes this

That's a bit much lol