Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot: real or myth? -- Why? -- Why not?

pokingjoker

There is a TV show with young women chasing down and capturing and wrestling wild nuisance hogs all by themselves.

Then take them live to hog farms so others can come and hunt/shoot them.

No reason to believe it's fake. These hunting farms do exist.

Maybe it's the female foots who do the primitive deer ambush hunting?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I will be stuck here for quite some time.....In survival mode basically......Thanks anyway !

I hear ya. I've got more important things to do as well, like earn a living.

I do find your flat tax propsal interesting btw. The more I think about it, the more it make sense.

Thanks for not getting upset, I will mostly be a lurker / reader anyway. All of the questions have been asked in other threads. It all falls into the basic same thing.

I will just check for pics or updates when I am around.

No problem and I appreciate you being understanding. I will warn you though, it won't be the slam dunk you're hoping for.

( lots of structures here by the way )

I'm sure there are.....

If it's not real I've come to the conclusion based off everything that it's either evolution, God(s), Aliens or Government making bigfoots in scientific labs. What am I missing? I suggest it's not real because it shouldn't exist in my time. Everyone including myself should be safe. Bigfoot shouldn't be attacking Al-Qaeda because I don't believe terrorism should exist. However I don't want to assume any bigfoot that they're violent. We would be in a unique situation if bigfoot existed and were violent. I don't like violence but if it's in movies, television and games I'm ok with it because I have the ability to think that nobody should assume me.

How did you bring in this BF researcher. He doesn't sound credible if he said bigfoot could run down a deer. Deer can run 30-40 mph. Granted not for long distances. Surely long enough to outrun an 8 foot, 400 lb bipedal primate.

Sorry for the delay Myles. He was the local researcher. I brought him in on it to see if he had ever seen or heard of anything like it. He was a nice enough guy I guess. But yeah, he thought we were nuts but didn't have an explanation either. I seriously doubt that if the squatch exists, it's not going to try and run one down. I think the risk for accidental injury would be to great to risk running it down. And the last time I was out in the Jefferson National Forest I didn't see a hospital.

upected

I know i'm speculating, but I'm guessing you found a make-shift shelter of some sort. In a way it is refreshing to hear. One of my biggest knocks against the existance is that if it were so smart as to avoid detection it would not be satisfied sleeping on the ground unsheltered from the winter weather.

Where it seeks shelter is another story entirely. But at first glance that's what I thought it may be. The advantage I had was time and unlimited access to it. If I hadn't had both of those, it would have been just another passing curiousity.

I don't know for fact where they sleep.

ImportedPhotos00310.jpg

ImportedPhotos00311.jpg

But my guess would be, anywhere they want to...... lol

• Like 1

As long as you learned something then it wasn't a wasted effort. Try nailing some ribs to a tree, according to Rick Dyer that was what put it over the top for him, LOL!

:w00t:

The only place ribs are going is on the barbee. :) Sas can get his own pig.

The only place ribs are going is on the barbee. :) Sas can get his own pig.

I wonder if your pics will get lost in this thread and missed by some who wanted to see them?

Edited by QuiteContrary

That never occured to me QC.

Hey Myles, I left a message for you on the previous page with a couple of pics in case you missed it.....

That never occured to me QC.

Hey Myles, I left a message for you on the previous page with a couple of pics in case you missed it.....

That is odd. I don't think it is extremely odd. Not much as far as shelter goes, but maybe acceptable if the leaves are there.

The tough part is that this occurs naturally (not the removed small branches).

I assume you dug around for hairs and other things?

Sorry for the delay Myles. He was the local researcher. I brought him in on it to see if he had ever seen or heard of anything like it. He was a nice enough guy I guess. But yeah, he thought we were nuts but didn't have an explanation either. I seriously doubt that if the squatch exists, it's not going to try and run one down. I think the risk for accidental injury would be to great to risk running it down. And the last time I was out in the Jefferson National Forest I didn't see a hospital.

upected

Where it seeks shelter is another story entirely. But at first glance that's what I thought it may be. The advantage I had was time and unlimited access to it. If I hadn't had both of those, it would have been just another passing curiousity.

I don't know for fact where they sleep.

ImportedPhotos00310.jpg

ImportedPhotos00311.jpg

But my guess would be, anywhere they want to...... lol

100% weather / nature related.......

I can guarantee that.

In another topic, ( a bunch actually ), this has been discussed, with pictures.

I even went out and took pictures myself to show this, and posted them. Replied first I would go out and find some, and I did, and could right now.

Feel free to PM me, and I will explain it all, I would even be happy to talk on the phone about it.

That is odd. I don't think it is extremely odd. Not much as far as shelter goes, but maybe acceptable if the leaves are there.

The tough part is that this occurs naturally (not the removed small branches).

I assume you dug around for hairs and other things?

The logical explanation is the tree was unprooted by a tractor when the path was being cut through the forest and came to rest in the manner it did. Moss growing on the top of the tree, that's laying on the ground, indicates it's been like that for a while. The outline on the ground could be nothing more than shadow play. Neat looking, but that's about it. I'm not wasting my time trying to gather forensic evidence.

The logical explanation is the tree was unprooted by a tractor when the path was being cut through the forest and came to rest in the manner it did. Moss growing on the top of the tree, that's laying on the ground, indicates it's been like that for a while. The outline on the ground could be nothing more than shadow play. Neat looking, but that's about it. I'm not wasting my time trying to gather forensic evidence.

But even if something is man-made or nature-made, it doesn't rule out a possible use for Bf. That is where other sign/evidence comes in, from sightings to the far less obvious.

Had other evidence besides possible nature-made or man-made structures, drawn you to this place as bf habitat or place of activity?

That also lends some credibility or just "food for thought" to a discovery.

If you live in the woods then you have to make use of what you have available to us.

Just so I'm on the right page, is that the strong evidence you have been referring to?

While it is interesting, it is not strong. If the BF researcher thought it was strong, then it is because he is reaching. I applaud that you took clear pics and looked into it. Nothing wrong with that.

Hey SD. Are the photos what you were talking about?

If they are I have to agree with sakari. Bent over trees like the one in your photo are a natural occurrence. Around here (northern Utah) these things are the rule rather than the exception, they are literally a dime a dozen. Months and years of heavy snow is what makes these here.

post-41803-0-27180600-1366155174_thumb.j

post-41803-0-16164300-1366155571_thumb.j

I have seen deer (rarely) and rabbits and other small critters (commonly) using these as shelter. I suppose in a pinch I might use one, but I wouldn't start a fire in one.

yes everyone stated the bent trees are a natural formation but just as if i was in the woods i would seek a shelter that required the least amount of effort to sleep in. thus yes its possible a squatch might use something like that. but that is only one example, there are so many different formations available. Just as deer will bed in thickets and high grassy areas over an open field.

Just so I'm on the right page, is that the strong evidence you have been referring to?

Good grief no. It's just when you said you couldn't imagine sas sleeping on the ground, it reminded me of the tree with it's roots in air and the outline of something lying on the ground under it. Just thought it was a neat looking pic and I wanted to share. Nothing more.

While it is interesting, it is not strong. If the BF researcher thought it was strong, then it is because he is reaching. I applaud that you took clear pics and looked into it. Nothing wrong with that.

Well I debunked a few posts up. The BF researcher and I disagreed on what it's purpose was. We both agreed it was not natural in origin.

I've got more, I'm just getting warmed up. :)

Hey SD. Are the photos what you were talking about?

Hey Evan, no they aren't. But I've got more. I take it you'd like to see some of the good stuff that's not so easy to debunk?

If they are I have to agree with sakari. Bent over trees like the one in your photo are a natural occurrence.

I agree, totally natural.

Here's what they look like in Virginia.

standingonhillarchoverrightshoulderfromfirstshot.jpg

Good grief no. It's just when you said you couldn't imagine sas sleeping on the ground, it reminded me of the tree with it's roots in air and the outline of something lying on the ground under it. Just thought it was a neat looking pic and I wanted to share. Nothing more.

Well I debunked a few posts up. The BF researcher and I disagreed on what it's purpose was. We both agreed it was not natural in origin.

I've got more, I'm just getting warmed up. :)

Ok good, I was starting to worry about you. :yes:

Hey Evan, no they aren't. But I've got more. I take it you'd like to see some of the good stuff that's not so easy to debunk?

Stardrive,

I am not surprised to see this to be honest. I posted earlier about people doing things like this for attention, and you just did this.

This is now, and has been, the typical claims of Bigfoot, or possible Bigfeet evidence.

The drawn out drama " I have stuff, but do not want to release it yest "......" I really do not want to go public with this......"

Now the typical " Oh, that was not the good stuff, you should see the good stuff, I bet you want to don't you ".

Sorry man, seen this way to many times, and why I do not bother anymore near as much as I had.

In the amount of time you had to post that added drama, you could have easily posted more pics. Not only that, you could have posted everything instead of little teasers.

Little bummed about this, not surprised, just a little bit bummed.

No offense as usual SD, just saying it how it is.

If you want to be out of that crowd, I have a suggestion, and a request. A request, only because I am still holding some hope you are not in that group.

Enter a reply, with everything. All of what you found, where you went, etc....Details, not drama. Post all of your pictures, audio, video, etc.

Who cares if it is a long post. Air it all out at once and say " well, this is it, all I have, nothing to hide "..........

Honestly, I would bet a months pay you do not do this, but I am hoping so.

Edited by Sakari

Yeah I get it Sak, me tip toe through tulips, you bull in china shop. You're a real piece of work. I knew this was a bad idea.