Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you really want Bigfoot to exist?

Ashotep

With all the interest in Bigfoot I was wondering how many of you really want him to exist. Think about it would you really want something running around the woods this big. He will attack you according to people that have encountered them. It has been said he will come up to your house and give you what for, possibly even killed people.

I don't know if I want them to be real, while I would be amazed that something like this could exist at the same time I would be afraid to go out at night for fear of running into one. I live in the country, surrounded by forest and have no yard light, no dog to warn me. Knowing I could encounter a bear is enough so no, I don't think I would like that at all.

• Like 2

In all honesty, no, I'd rather not have this creature be real.

• Like 1

I think it would be a great discovery. And I wouldn't worry any more than I do now (which is not at all) about the dangers of these creatures. Sure, in my imagination, I like to think of them as creepy, angry howling "monsters" like on TV, but that is not what I believe an actual discovered creature would be like. Heck they might protect you in the woods, who knows?

If discovered however, we might repopulate their numbers which may pose human/bigfoot clashes. None of which we seem to have now, because even if the creature is proven to exist, it doesn't automatically make all sightings and stories [of aggressive angry creatures] from before discovery, legit encounters.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

What would be the real benefit for them being real? Most likely with our wonderful human culture we would prolly destroy their existence. First ofcourse the government would want to study them and possibly find a way to weaponize them. Then theres the commerical half that would want to capture them and make a profit putting them in a zoo of sort.. so...... :rofl:

What would be the real benefit for them being real? Most likely with our wonderful human culture we would prolly destroy their existence. First ofcourse the government would want to study them and possibly find a way to weaponize them. Then theres the commerical half that would want to capture them and make a profit putting them in a zoo of sort.. so...... :rofl:

Zoo? I'm thinking some pretty awesome televised wrestling matches. Maybe a little mud for the lady foots.

• Like 2

I'd love them to be real....for my own fascination, but maybe that's selfish. If they were discovered they would be hunted, killed or imprisoned all for mankind's satisfaction. The race would soon die out, or turn against us and be a very fierce predator....IMO.

• Like 1

Honostly If they are alive and living they would be execellent at hiding from us, so If they were proven to exist and they have the same level of hiding that they do now ( if they exist ) I dont see how any human could make them do anything. Because simply findind them would be too HARD.

• Like 1

Any new animal found is fascinating to me. Of course I would love to see this be real.

There is a difference between wanting, and having though.Sometimes people want to so bad, that the " want " becomes reality in their world.......Biscardi and BFRO have a issue with this.

I also want lake monsters, alien visitation, and 2012 apocolypse to be real.....

• Like 2

I would truly enjoy Bigfoot to be a real creature, doubting it more and more, but the hope is there. Just knowing that we don't know everything, which we don't, is worth the minor risk of Biggie causing havoc with my mangled corpse.

• Like 1

While it would be fascinating, it really wouldn't affect me. Bigfoot doesn't have a part in my life so nothing would really change other than "Bigfoot is real? That's pretty cool."

• Like 1

If they were real and as plentiful as some of the other wildlife I don't think I would like it really. It would be fascinating to see one from a distance but if there were very many I think they would hurt people given the reputation they have acquired. Don't think I would want to run into one around here in the dark or lose a pet to one.

Sorry but the only way someone would convince me they were real is to capture or kill one then turn the body over to scientists or a zoo for official verification.

In a word, no.

If they actually proved to be real then most likely they'd be put on the endangered species list and suddenly that make life miserable for everyone.

Any new animal found is fascinating to me. Of course I would love to see this be real.

There is a difference between wanting, and having though.Sometimes people want to so bad, that the " want " becomes reality in their world.......Biscardi and BFRO have a issue with this.

I also want lake monsters, alien visitation, and 2012 apocolypse to be real.....

Sakari, could you keep the 2012 Apocalypse in your neck of the woods. Thank you.

Hey! I like Unicorns!

• Like 2

In a word, no.

If they actually proved to be real then most likely they'd be put on the endangered species list and suddenly that make life miserable for everyone.

How would it make life miserable for everyone?

How would it make life miserable for everyone?

My God man, must I really spell it out for you?

Last thing I'd want is for a bunch of "scientist" showing up saying, "We're from the government and we're here to help protect the Bigfoot population in your area."

You getting what I'm saying?

• Like 1

I believe they are real since two men I knew told almost the same story about a sighting. They didn't know each other. One was an uncle and later on one was a family friend we met years later.

Could you imagine the NFL if they could be drafted as linemen?

The Eagles could sure use them....

• Like 1