Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could there really be a 'Planet X' ?

Saru

Have we discovered all the planets in our solar system or could there still be more out there to find ?

The announcement of the recent discovery of exoplanet Alpha Centauri Bb is a testimony to how far planetary detection techniques have come over the last few decades.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I guess it depends on the ever shifting definition of "Planet"... (Yes, I'm still irritated over Pluto's demotion!!! <_<:P )...

I would be very surprised if, out in the very outer reaches - like in the Oort cloud - there were not a few more 'planet sized' chunks of ice and rock...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

Alpha Centauri B ♭? Is there an Alfa Centauri B as well?

But onto the question, I suppose the question is, what's the dividing line between a Planet and an Asteroid? or for that matter a Planetoid? Have we identified every single Asteroid-sized object in our Solar system, or just beyond, yet? I'm sure that there must be some, and some sizeable things, that haven't been spotted yet, or if they have been spotted, haven't been identified, classified & labelled.

The nomads will be migrating across the Sahara completely oblivious to an event that never really existed

A planet, by the IAU definition, cannot exist in the kuiper belt as it must have "cleared it's neighbourhood", which is of course the reason Pluto was demoted (although I prefer to say reclassified). So if anything is found out there, it won't be called "Planet X".

The nomads will be migrating across the Sahara completely oblivious to an event that never really existed

Travel on camels they will.... :yes:

The funny thing is, not too long ago I had bizarre vision of a two planets colliding into one another which is funny because nothing like that has ever happened to me before and even the feeling during those 10 seconds left me with an ominous feeling. Left me with the shakes for hours before I could finally sleep after praying to God to give me strength.

Oh, and this happened long before I started using the username 'TheProphetMark' so I'm not saying I'm a Prophet because I'm still skeptic. It's just something that I cannot explain at this moment and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. The vision, looks as if it was a blue hologram that appeared and slowly fade away all in 10 seconds showing me two round figures both colliding into one another.

Either way, I've made peace and I'm not afraid to die anymore. I've always believed in God too and have my reasons to believe so and I'm not a Christian.

The funny thing is, not too long ago I had bizarre vision of a two planets colliding into one another which is funny because nothing like that has ever happened to me before and even the feeling during those 10 seconds left me with an ominous feeling. Left me with the shakes for hours before I could finally sleep after praying to God to give me strength.

Oh, and this happened long before I started using the username 'TheProphetMark' so I'm not saying I'm a Prophet because I'm still skeptic. It's just something that I cannot explain at this moment and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. The vision, looks as if it was a blue hologram that appeared and slowly fade away all in 10 seconds showing me two round figures both colliding into one another.

Either way, I've made peace and I'm not afraid to die anymore. I've always believed in God too and have my reasons to believe so and I'm not a Christian.

What does this have anything at all to do with the OP?

Please don't get them started...

I posted in an article on the home page and for some reason my post came in this thread too as well as the comment section of the other article. My post doesn't have anything to do with the OP but the other article I commented on. I don't even know why my posted got posted in this thread.

I have heard a theory that Planet X does exist but we are not supposed to know of its existence as it harbors an extraterrestrial base, being used to study/monitor earth.

My problem with Planet X is If it is coming into orbit wouldnt we have seen it by now?

My problem with Planet X is If it is coming into orbit wouldnt we have seen it by now?

This theory is not suggesting a Planet X in the doomsday sense, but is more an implication that there may still be another undiscovered planet drifting around the kuiper belt. While I accept this is a remote possibility, I do not accept that every so often it swings its way into the inner solar system causing mayhem and havoc before disappearing to the outer reaches of the solar system for another millennia.

Edited by thebarman

"The free-floating object, called CFBDSIR2149, is likely a gas giant planet four to seven times more massive than Jupiter, scientists say in a new study unveiled Wednesday. The planet cruises unbound through space relatively close to Earth (in astronomical terms), perhaps after being booted from its own solar system." ~Mike Wall,~ Space.com

Edited by RoadMaster04

They just told of a Starless Planet just floating only a few light years from Earth today on MSN.

100 is only a few.
  • Like 1