Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tolkien fan re-creates Bilbo Baggins' house

Still Waters

What would you do if you had 2,600 balloons and a lot of free time on your hands?

For Jeremy Telford, a father of three from Utah, the answer was obvious: build an inflatable replica of Bag End, the home of the character Bilbo Baggins from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit.

Telford, a 34-year-old professional balloon artist from Pleasant Grove who happens to be a Tolkien superfan, spent nearly 40 hours over three days re-creating the hobbit retreat in his living room using a hand pump to inflate all the building materials.

http://www.dailymail...0-BALLOONS.html

Free time. He will never have a girlfriend.

And I didn't read the article so if it says he's married, I find that miraculous.

That's going to look really sad when the balloons start to deflate.

It says he's a father of three, but doesn't mention a wife.

He's also a professional balloon artist. Knowing that, I'd say this was positively brilliant. Incredible marketing for his business.

• Like 2

I want to know what kind of balloons will hold a man up like that!

And coldethyl... what makes you think there isn't a woman out there who is just as big a fan as that guy is? They could live in nerdy heaven!

Edited by Lady Kasey

Hmmmm....2,600 balloons. That's what you call dedication.

And coldethyl... what makes you think there isn't a woman out there who is just as big a fan as that guy is? They could live in nerdy heaven!

Yep, there are a lot of nerdy women and girls out there who obsess over various fandoms and create all kinds of fan art and fanfiction in tribute to their favorite sci fi/fantasy films, shows and books.

This kind of thing wouldn't turn me off personally. He's simply doing something he enjoys and is making a living off it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I know that there are.

My niece dresses up like Dr. Who.

I think I was probably drunk.