Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We are Pure Darkness... NOT Light

Arpee

I have to ask, why are you bothered so much by other peoples posts?

Why are you bothered so much by someone else being bothered by other people's posts ? ;)

In all seriousness though, some of the replies here have been less than helpful - let's try to keep it civil please folks.

Why are you bothered so much by someone else being bothered by other people's posts ? ;)

In all seriousness though, some of the replies here have been less than helpful - let's try to keep it civil please folks.

I'm not bothered, I was simply just asking a question. I didn't know that asking questions wasn't acceptable, I apologize.

• Like 1

I was just joking with you, there's no need to apologise.

• Like 1

Everything is made of energy (light). There are even thoughts and emotions, which we are aware of (receiving).

We are so emerged in this realm of energy "light" that we mistake our identity of "the one who is aware" to "the one who is doing".

We believe we are the thoughts, emotions, actions, etc...

When really we are the awareness of all of these "things" (energy / forms) going on...

A thought says "I am blah blah blah", you are not that thought, that thought arises and you are aware of it...

The point was, experience is formed by RECEIVING (light - sight, sound - audio, receptors - sensation, etc)...

Even action / movement is done through stimuli of outside circumstances...

hi Arpee, You always give us something to think about :) I understand your point that we are awareness and "receivers", and agreed, most stimuli come from 'without' .. but , you seem to be saying that all of our thoughts and emotions arise from somewhere outside ourselves? We only "absorb" them? ( It does look dark in there when i see inside inside my ear, or nose, but .. black holes?)

From personal experience, It seems to me that many of my thoughts and feelings seem to come from within and are not strictly received or absorbed ?

I'm not "absorbing" these thoughts i'm sharing.. i'm creating them? .. and then in this clunky electro-technological way.. transmitting them?

For some reason everything makes me think of electromagnetism.. Nearly everything ? is made of positive and negative charges.. are we only "negative' energy zones absorbing "positive" energy? Or, energy-less voids absorbing +&- ? only darkness being filled with light? hmmmmmmm maybe your onto something! lol

• Like 1

I have to ask, why are you bothered so much by other peoples posts?

Sometimes I feel bad for people who post an idea or thought, and get steamrolled by a bunch of people for posting it. It bothers me. Sometimes it's kind of warranted, but not this time.

hi Arpee, You always give us something to think about :) I understand your point that we are awareness and "receivers", and agreed, most stimuli come from 'without' .. but , you seem to be saying that all of our thoughts and emotions arise from somewhere outside ourselves? We only "absorb" them? ( It does look dark in there when i see inside inside my ear, or nose, but .. black holes?)

Black hole is just a word explaining how the energy (light, sound waves) is taken in order to form "sight" or "audio"...

Thoughts and emotions do not come from within, they come from without.

A baby thinks in pictures , sounds, etc. all things experienced in this world.

A baby learns words through thoughts around him/her.

Likewise, the baby learns phrases of words from their environment.

Even if you have an idea that you "think" is new, it is really something that can only enter your mind due to your experience (your reception of this thing called reality)...

Edited by Arpee

Experience is a reception of energy. It is being received by taking in light , sound , etc...

Experience is not being "done" it is being "received", even emotions, intentions, thoughts containing the words "I" or "me" which attaches itself to an apparent physical body....

so what about blind deaf people?

so what about blind deaf people?

They are still receptive of experience (energy) in other ways...

Sensation is a reception of energy

and so is smell (reception of molecules creating fragrance) and taste (reception of molecules by tongue creating "taste")

Experience can only happen through receptivity.

Even if you experience something "giving" to another, or even "the body" giving to another, it is still a RECEPTION of this movie of energy called reality/life.

So you see something give to another, you are "receptive" to the light, and sounds which allowed you to experience that experience.

We have been tricked into believing we are light. This will cause suffering since we are really darkness, you can't "follow" because you are darkness absorbing...

We tricked into "following" light is the trap into materialism (or worship of ideas - instead of acceptance)...

Our eyes are black holes absorbing light creating VISION

Our eardrums are black holes absorbing sound creating AUDIO

Our taste-buds are black holes absorbing molecules of food creating TASTE

Our nostrils are black holes absorbing molecules creating SMELL

Our sensory preceptors are black holes absorbing stimuli creating SENSATION

If you believe in a 6th sense (psychic), that is also being aware of (pulling in) energy...

Most were tricked into a mis-identification...

That is all...

We are receptors , we are receiving awareness OF light/reality...

Acceptance is the key, life is unfolding...

Our only job is to receive, and we are already doing this whether we like it or not, and to resist is to get beat up by life...

By the way this also includes this "appearance/form" of this physical body, you are the darkness being aware of thought, emotion, beliefs, and even the body , world , and life happening....

This is a dangerous premis in my opinion that will only serve to create selfish people who believe that they are here to recieve and not to give..

Explaining the top five physical senses as Darkness (absorbing of light/energy) and expanding that to entail all of conscious experience is imo looking at one small aspect of experience and using it to explain everything. If anything, Darkness only allows light to be absorbed, and light to exist.. Yes I've heard the analogy of "a candle will empty a room full of darkness" but one must thank the darkness for candles to exist...

To a certain degree, yes, we are receptors, and we recieve information... This information is perceieved differently by the ego/mind and quality of reception.. this "perception" is not recieved information it is projected perception that is interpreted by the mind.. Or, to phrase it differently, we recieve perhaps 100% but only perceive/project 10% of what is.

imo, we are here to experience, recieve & percieve and project as much of life as we can. Recieving isn't our only Job in life.

Editied to add: If anything, where we are lacking the most is a lack of projecting into the world.

Edited by Professor T

Professor T

To put it simply, even thoughts, emotions, and intentions are receptions. If I say "Do not think of a Pink Elephant", you will think of it. That thought came due to your reception (awareness) of reality.

The thoughts you are aware of, existing in your mind are from a combination of your life experiences and interactions with others... all receptions of outside reality.

Even if you "want" to do something, it is your reception (awareness) of reality that made that desire arise...

Even if you observe yourself giving to another, it is still only a reception. So you hand a gift to a person, and you see your hands lifting up the present and giving it to the person. This is you receiving light which is being translated into this "experience".

To put it simply, even thoughts, emotions, and intentions are receptions. If I say "Do not think of a Pink Elephant", you will think of it. That thought came due to your reception (awareness) of reality.

Damnit!.Now all I can think of is the pink elephants from fantasia.

The basic idea holds true but everything is give and take. You just recieve your doomed .You just give your also doomed. You cannot sustain yourself without one or the other. I would avoid using darkness/light for subjects like this because even figuratively it just doesn't make sense unless you think about it really really loosely. You would be how the way you actively think can change the perceptions. What about dreams? That is basically creating a whole world from nothing but yourself sure you do recieve outside influence before you sleep but in turn how we think affects that.

You can block out all of your senses but you'll still receive information. It has to be more then just external.

Even if you observe yourself ("this body") giving to another ("that body"), it is still only a reception. So you hand a gift to a person, and you see your hands lifting up the present and giving it to the person. This is you receiving light which is being translated into this "experience".

Professor T

The thought came due to cause and effect, but that doesn't show that the thought itself wasn't created. All you said were two words. I created an image from them myself in my mind. I'd be willing to bet my pink elephant was different than yours, in your mind. Because it was my thought. I made it.

• Like 1

Professor T

The thoughts you are aware of, existing in your mind are from a combination of your life experiences and interactions with others... all receptions of outside reality.

Even if you "want" to do something, it is your reception (awareness) of reality that made that desire arise...

Even if you observe yourself giving to another, it is still only a reception. So you hand a gift to a person, and you see your hands lifting up the present and giving it to the person. This is you receiving light which is being translated into this "experience".

imo, you seem to have yourself a little confused over terminologies here, but I may be wrong..

Reception and Perception are two completely different things..

Example: I hang some art for the world to see. 1/2 the people like it. the Other half dont.. Yet under your premis of (we are all pure darkness who are only here to recieve) they have all recieved the same experience... That doesn't make sense.. Mmmmmm, there's something else at work here? Aha! Perception! Perception is very important.. Perception is the other 1/2 of the equation, it is that magic that flows against reception, it is that projection into the world..

Anyhow, hope you like my art.. It's a self Portrait.. lol.

293dmde.jpg

• Like 1

Again what about dreams? That is purely an internal thing perceiving and receiving of yourself. Your idea is half correct. You are looking at just one aspect when you need to be looking at the whole.

Dude that picture is awesome.

• Like 1

Wow, that is very nice Professor T. Even more interesting that it's a self portrait. lol

There preferences received through life experience, built in instinct in the body, etc...

So when receiving sight of this art, they will also receive thoughts pick up along the way.

Wow, that is very nice Professor T. Even more interesting that it's a self portrait. lol

There preferences received through life experience, built in instinct in the body, etc...

So when receiving sight of this art, they will also receive thoughts pick up along the way.

Thanks.. Glad your perception of the art was likable..

Would you not consider thoughts or dreams as perceptions that give differing experience to what is recieved?

quote name='Arpee' We have been tricked into believing we are light. This will cause suffering since we are really darkness, you can't "follow" because you are darkness absorbing...

quote name='Arpee' Everything is made of energy (light).

I'm not trying to be cute or offensive to your posts...I'm really not. But there seems to be a contradiction here which needs to be clarified.

If everything is Energy (btw, I agree) then even 'darkness' is the same Energy...is it not?

So, my question to you is: How are we being 'tricked' and tricked by whom? By Energy? How can Energy fool itself?

• Like 2

Dreams are also receptions. They happen, unless it is a lucid dreaming, and even that is happening you just believe you are control because there is this apparent "you" that you are identifying with in the dream.

When you realize you cannot be identified, you realize that it is all reception. Emotions arise, thoughts arise, intentions arise, ,action arises... all of this received just like observation of reality is received...

From belief systems and experience, there will be a "will" (intention) happening from this apparent body.

Saying it in a more simple way...

People can identify with anything, they can say "I am everything" or "I am the body" or "I am emotion" or "I am thought" , in reality we are just observers of experience, receiving sight of reality and dreams are no different, just another "type" of experience...

We can even be receptive of a thought saying "I am in control" or "I am the body doing stuff" and misidentify...

Edited by Arpee

Too much light, we can't see.

Too much dark, we can't see.

Surely that suggests we belong somewhere in the middle?

Doh!

I like that simplicity!

Took me 3 posts and about 4 paragraphs to say basically the same thing.. lol.

:tu:

Too much light, we can't see.

Too much dark, we can't see.

Surely that suggests we belong somewhere in the middle?

With too much light, you are seeing, you are seeing light.

Reality is light / energy and we are observers receptive to its sight.

Who are "we"? The ones who are observing the "body", the "thoughts", the "emotions", the "actions" , the "world", etc....

Edited by Arpee

I percieve that you are not receptive to a any opinions that do not promote the idea that we are pure darkness.

To quote you below.

We are receptors , we are receiving awareness OF light/reality...

Our only job is to receive, and we are already doing this whether we like it or not, and to resist is to get beat up by life...

hmmm, just think about this.. Because the premis is imo dangerous because it completely dimisses the fact that we project into the world.

• Like 2