Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Socio

15 States have filed a petition to secede

100 posts in this topic

http://www.examiner.com/article/15-states-including-texas-have-filed-a-petition-to-secede-from-the-united-states-1

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.

Seems 15 States have seen the writing on the wall and don't like what it says.

Dont know if its true or not but new york lovesObamaa

This is misleading. The States themselves have not filed to secede. Individuals in the respective States have started petitions, getting signatures, etc. The petitions are in no way official requests. To secede from the US.

5 people like this

Apart from 2 or 3 the rest are South of the Mason Dixon line , Reb Country maybe ?. Get your Grey, and Blue uniforms out of storage. The Reb flag still flies in some states.

I heard Texas wants to leave USA (also I believe Lone Star deserves it) but I never heard others,

in fact those took me by surprise!

Actually I'm in one of those states, and this is news to me.

I heard Texas wants to leave USA (also I believe Lone Star deserves it) but I never heard others,

in fact those took me by surprise!

The majority don't (as a Texan I've got my fingers on the pulse of that, you could almost say) and Texas doesn't deserve it either, it's part of the Union (as the definition states for union: The action or fact of joining together or being joined together, esp. in a political context). Or “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!”

1 person likes this

Good God, do any of those people understand the real ramifications of succession? I get that they are upset that their guy got his butt kicked, but this is just ridiculous.

5 people like this

People can get up a petition for just about anything. I doubt you would get enough support in any state to secede. We work well together.

1 person likes this

None of the petitions (well none of the ones I saw anyway) were written by or under the authority of the state government. It is just people with too much time on their hands. i can make a petition too, but that doesn't mean it will be recognized as a legitimate motion.

2 people like this

Wow. Apparently TX is the place to be. Rick Perry doing a better job apparently than everyone thought.

Edited by WoIverine

Plus, we'd really only miss three of those states.

1 person likes this

Plus, we'd really only miss three of those states.

I think it has more to do with economic collapse than it does the president. Seceding may actually be a good thing if each state can somehow come up with it's own successful / individual economic system. That is, if the fiscal cliff hammers the states as a whole.

Edited by WoIverine

These people should be thankful that our country is as great as it is in regard to most things. Imagine trying this in North Korea? We all know what would happen there.... :td:

http://www.examiner....united-states-1

Seems 15 States have seen the writing on the wall and don't like what it says.

Sour grapes! :hmm:

Maybe we could send these people to Antarctica! :)

Sour grapes! :hmm:

Maybe we could send these people to Antarctica! :)

Maybe they could join us here in Canada....

Correction: "People in 15 states have filed a petition to secede".

Don't you guys be doing that again!

Hawaii/Alaska/Yukon/British Columbia/Washington/Oregon/California... the rest of you guys have to figure out your own bedmates! :)

/wondering what acidhead would think about that.

//marijuana would be decriminalized and taxed the very next day

///the capital of Pacifica would probably be Sacramento. Hereafter referRed to as, 'Sacredpimento'. No, that won't work, we'll build a new capital.

Edited by Likely Guy

I guess the northern part of Canada (the real chilly part) could use some more people. :yes:

Most Canadians live within a couple hundred miles of the US don't they?

Hawaii/Alaska/Yukon/British Columbia/Washington/Oregon/California... the rest of you guys have to figure out your own bedmates! :)

/wondering what acidhead would think about that.

//marijuana would be decriminalized and taxed the very next day

///the capital of Pacifica would probably be Sacramento. Hereafter referRed to as, 'Sacredpimento'. No, that won't work, we'll build a new capital.

/Not much

//marijuana is already decriminalized as such it was in most states you mentioned... we're talking about full legalization bro... just what Colorado and Washington did with some regulations of course.

I guess the northern part of Canada (the real chilly part) could use some more people. :yes:

Most Canadians live within a couple hundred miles of the US don't they?

90% within a hundred miles. (What do you expect, we huddle and snuggle along the border for warmth.) I'm not one of those, but I love my american cousins.

/Not much

//marijuana is already decriminalized as such it was in most states you mentioned... we're talking about full legalization bro... just what Colorado and Washington did with some regulations of course.

The US federal government will quash those initiatives. Washington state just managed to clear up a whole load of court time, and save themselves a whole lot of money.

I live in BC. Medical use only.

The US federal government will quash those initiatives. Washington state just managed to clear up a whole load of court time, and save themselves a whole lot of money.

I live in BC. Medical use only.

Colorado and washington are just the beginning.

Here in BC marijuana is decriminalized... has been for a long time........An individual can be caught carrying up to 28-30 grams and there is no public record unless it can be proven the individual had possession for the purpose of selling.

And here we have a typical example of what you blame MSNBC of... only this time it seez what you want to hear and you try to sell it us as a fact.