Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US guns sales soar after Obama's re-election

Still Waters

During a ground invasion, the force of their armored vehicles, helicopters, fighters, assault rifles, machine guns, missile launchers etc. etc. would scare the living daylights out of any pop gun equipped militia. It's not the 1700's anymore.

I agree. Thats why the Soviets conquered Afghanistan.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I agree. Thats why the Soviets conquered Afghanistan.

Without Western aid the Taliban would not have gotten anywhere. And if the fight is between the citizens and the government of the USA there will be no Western aid.

Well isn't the big fear about the federal government? Seems to be given all the talk about how great state rights are. So wouldn't state approved militia be fine?

I guess you're right. I didnt consider the state but the way things are these days the state and federal lines can be very blurry. If the government would just back off and quit being so intrusive nobody will have to consider anything. Either way I don't even own a gun and if I did it'll probably be just one so it's pretty much useless against anything more than a couple of bandits breaking in my house. BTW, you see that dog <<<? She'll kill anyone by death of a thousand licks!

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

Without Western aid the Taliban would not have gotten anywhere. And if the fight is between the citizens and the government of the USA there will be no Western aid.

I disagree. Even without western aid, the taliban would have achieved a very similar outcome. Infact, look at Afghanistan today. The taliban will be back in power as soon as the coalition forces leave.

I disagree. Even without western aid, the taliban would have achieved a very similar outcome. Infact, look at Afghanistan today. The taliban will be back in power as soon as the coalition forces leave.

Well I'll be damned, I think you've nailed it. With 700 billion smackeroonies he'd save on national security expenditure, Obama could improve the US (and world) economy or increase financial resources to areas such as medicine, environment, science etc. He could even afford to chuck a couple of billion dollars to aid third world countries from poverty and starvation. All he needs to do is equip the US militia with some donkeys to travel around canyons and mountains like the Taliban and the US would be unconquerable.

Seriously, you really don't believe that resistance fighters can win wars on their own do you?

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

Try living in NY, getting a CC is like jumping through hoops.Tons of paper work and fee's. Cops stoping by for a home visit. Then you have to go before a judge and explain to them why you want it, what you are going to use it for ect ect. And he can denie you without having to explain himself at all. Thats of course if you can find 5 refrences with CC's themselfs. And it cant be a cop, or a family member.

Dang man What state you live in? Here in Texas it is easier to get,Course I own a Ranch and carry a rifle and a shotgun with my .40.Oh my bad You live in New York,I think it is time for you to move to Texas,Heck there is a house on my street for rent/Rent to own,Heck Ill even pay for your C.C.L and give you a gun and a shotgun Just so you can sleep at night and have neighbors who care and watch out for one another.Crimminals hate this neighborhood because they can never get away with anything.This is how we live in peace.This is a good neighborhood,and were going to keep it this way. Edited by The Unseen
  • Like 1

I was just talking with my wife about this last night. Once in awhile I have to go outta town for work. When I do, I have my 3006 ready for her, just in case. She asked me if God forbid she ever had to shoot someone, should she just try to shoot them in the leg. I told her to aim for the chest, and not to worry wether or not they lived. To much chance that she will miss her shot if going for the leg.

I also think you need to tell her to empty the rifle in said crimminal then call the police.My wife would .with no second thought,she has done so before,she is almost as good of a shot than I am.she'd do it to protect our children and property and do it with no hard feelings.
  • Like 1

no they would not. when soviets came to Afghan in 79, mujaheddins has flint lock\blackpowder rifles for the most part. they would not get there if it wasn't for us\pak help.

look at this pic, from 1980, you wont find a single ak in their hands, their most valuable rifle was lee enfield, from ww2, they did shoot soviets with it from 1000yards, with no optics, and very often they hit the target.

the only treason taliban is as strong as they are today is that they have help now, from pak, iran, and god knows who else.

but i agree, once nato leaves, karzai's head will be on a stick next day, and in a week country will be under taliban rule.

Edited by aztek

I'd rather prepare for Obama zombies that Rommeny Vampires! O.o Didn't matter who got in, the country is rampant with weapons anyway! An oreless blacksmith is a poor one! Yet the money still keeps flowing and taking the loved ones and the countries weapons to create war elsewhere! The government see revinue in weapons.

The sentiment that there's a mistaken belief that we are secure because people are able to own weapons in order to take out better trained and equipped invasion forces?

There's a reason the Second Amendment included well regulated militia.

that is a good point, true, however times have changed, as you see, now you need guns for more reasons.

that is a good point, true, however times have changed, as you see, now you need guns for more reasons.

Well, those other reasons are not covered under the second amendment. So who is abusing the constitution now?

We don't use Genghis Khan methods like the Russians. Take a good look at Chechnya where the starting position for the Russians was the same as the one in 'Stan.

Well, those other reasons are not covered under the second amendment. So who is abusing the constitution now?

Ooh, that hurts, right on the chin but just like Obamacare dug into print so fine you'd need a microscope to find it I'm sure there are ways to argue your point.

there is no abuse, unless you see it that way, and i'm sure you do, lol. there is a second amendment that says "right of ppl...... you know the rest.

it is on paper, so it is the law, other reasons even thou exists, are not covered by constitution, weather you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

until this amendment rewritten, any argument how one should interpret it, is pointless.

accept it, guns are here already, they always will be, no laws, or "stricter gun control" will change it. as long as man knows what gun is, and how it works, they will be here regardless, just like alcohol was, and drugs are now, and to think that some new stricter legislation will change that, is extremely dumb, but i wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

The second amendment cant be abused. It says the government has no authority to infringe on gun ownership what so ever.

• Like 1

in the monumentally remote chance of that, I'd call the police.

What will you do during the 30-40 minutes (or longer) that it takes the police to get there?

• Like 2

The second amendment cant be abused. It says the government has no authority to infringe on gun ownership what so ever.

it says no such thing and you know it. they could have said that but did not.

What will you do during the 30-40 minutes (or longer) that it takes the police to get there?

move into an urban area.

n an emailed statement, the police department said average response time for "Priority 1" calls, emergencies requiring immediate response, was reduced from 4.01 minutes to 3.46 minutes for the two months. For low prioritoy calls, response time dropped from 6.03 minutes to 5.40 minutes.
http://www.wbez.org/story/chicago-police-response-time-down-2012-97137 Edited by ninjadude

I wonder if you read all of your link, Ninjadude? Because it also says this:

"But Fraternal Order of Police President Michael Shields criticized the police department's findings. He said the city's emphasis on beat patrol ties police officers to radio response and keeps them from doing as much preventative work.

"The direct result is they're racing from one 911 call to another 911 call and they don't have the time to do the police work that they used to," said Shields.

Though response times are down in the city in January and February of this year, police crime data said there were 12 more murders in those two months compared to the same time frame last year.

City crime overall was down 13 percent for the same two month period. Murder and shooting incidents were the only two categories with increases."

So it looks like that response time improvement didn't come without a cost.

I also like this quote by Thomas Jefferson:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 3

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

that sounds good in the 18th century when the government really had little military. Today it's just stupid.

that sounds good in the 18th century when the government really had little military. Today it's just stupid.

You're right. Today we out our heads and tails between our legs and submit like good doggies.

• Like 1