Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clark McClelland // Space UFOs // 2012

JimOberg

McClelland's name came up on a recent discussion of Gordon Cooper's UFO stories, but he deserves a new thread of his own.

Here's a recent interview with him on Jeff Rense's show:

http://www.stargate-chronicles.com/site/clark-mcclelland-on-the-jeff-rense-radio-show/

He describes how Hitler escaped to his Antarctic base and then buzzed Washington, DC, in 1952, and then how von Braun confided to him how NASA's probe Voyager-1 was aimed by von Braun at the star Aldebraen because that's where aryan humans come from and they're trying to get back home. And he begged for money, a lot, too.

Listen to his comments, please, and then tell me why a single word of any of his stories is worthy of belief.

I don't think Hitler escaped to an Antarctic base and I don't think he buzzed Washington DC.

• Like 1

Listen to his comments, please, and then tell me why a single word of any of his stories is worthy of belief.

Because it's on the internet.

• Like 1

He describes how Hitler escaped to his Antarctic base and then buzzed Washington, DC

LOL! Oddly enough, I've heard stories like these before, but they were mostly white supremacists who believe BS like this, as some attempt to try to beat their chest over "Aryan technological superiority" (Some even believe there is a Nazi fleet being raised on the far side of the moon, getting ready to invade and impost the 4th Reich LOL!). Anyone who isn't a lunatic, or rabid racist usually see these stories for what they are. BS.

Edited by Cpl599
  • Like 1

Russkies found Hitlers remains (would like to hear other story, though), end of story.

Just amazing how much crap people can come up with.

In 1952 he buzzed Washington?! I'm not master of my bladder...

Funnily, I was lazily watching an 'Ancient Aliens' episode (yes, please slap me hard, but I was bored at the time!) about links between Hitler and 'UFOs'. Also, how a lot of the German scientists were 'pulled over' to the USA after the end of the war (Operation Paper Clip, I believe?) And, as such, most of the technology about today is just a carry-on from that started / pursued by the 3rd Reich.

He describes how Hitler escaped to his Antarctic base and then buzzed Washington, DC
Glad I wasn't supping a beverage the moment I read that; Dell would be selling another laptop! ;)
  • Like 1

Can anybody go back and see who it was who posted McClelland's stuff as 'supporting evidence'? It wasn't McGuffin, was it? If so, keep it quiet. No need to open up a new war zone.

• Like 1

Can anybody go back and see who it was who posted McClelland's stuff as 'supporting evidence'? It wasn't McGuffin, was it? If so, keep it quiet. No need to open up a new war zone.

Actually you started it, but without McG's pms it will vansish.

Well, his own website certainly puts his information in perspective.

To say the least.

Clark McClelland has no credibility as far as I'm concerned. His "accounts" are from his imagination.

If he knows his stories are BS, then he is simply a liar.

If he believes his stories are true, then I would think he has some sort of psychosis.

I get the feeling it's the latter.

Unfortunately guys like Rense make a living promoting such rubbish.

Clark McClelland has no credibility as far as I'm concerned. His "accounts" are from his imagination.

If he knows his stories are BS, then he is simply a liar.

If he believes his stories are true, then I would think he has some sort of psychosis.

I get the feeling it's the latter.

Unfortunately guys like Rense make a living promoting such rubbish.

You have to wonder though, "what is his inspiration"? The man had a career that most of us would be envious of, got to meet the most amazing people and was at the forefront of technology. His wackiness seems to precede the Challenger accident, so perhaps that is not something that affected him mentally, so one tends to wonder, what gives?

And surely this claim is to be considered when other "whistleblowers" tend to emerge?

psyche101 ITs clear that it was simple professional mental break down ! Clark was afterall known for streaching the story ! :tu:

ITs TIme to B.B.Q !

• Like 1

You have to wonder though, "what is his inspiration"? The man had a career that most of us would be envious of, got to meet the most amazing people and was at the forefront of technology....

You cross paths with lots of top people at a rocket base, and sometimes get to be photographed with them -- but in at least several cases [von Braun, for example, or his claim of direct contact with Story Musgrave], I've concluded McClelland's claim of a personal friendship with them, and secret revelations from them, is imaginary.

The challenge is to see what sort of self-styled 'whistle blower' is really just a self-promoting 'smoke blower'. Some may be, some others may not be. That uncertainty makes case-by-case validation critically important, because you do NOT want to reject or overlook those with authentic information.

McClelland is maybe at one end of the spectrum, Jacobs and his missile shootdown at the other . Donna Hare-Tietze may be somewhere in the middle -- reporting stories people told HER, with significant exaggeration and garble. Gordon Cooper's dramatized 'improvement' of his own experiences and of rumors he heard at the Officers Club places him towards the McClelland end, in my view.

No need to mention me, since I'm no longer going to take part in any more discussions like these.

• Like 1

You cross paths with lots of top people at a rocket base, and sometimes get to be photographed with them -- but in at least several cases [von Braun, for example, or his claim of direct contact with Story Musgrave], I've concluded McClelland's claim of a personal friendship with them, and secret revelations from them, is imaginary.

The challenge is to see what sort of self-styled 'whistle blower' is really just a self-promoting 'smoke blower'. Some may be, some others may not be. That uncertainty makes case-by-case validation critically important, because you do NOT want to reject or overlook those with authentic information.

McClelland is maybe at one end of the spectrum, Jacobs and his missile shootdown at the other . Donna Hare-Tietze may be somewhere in the middle -- reporting stories people told HER, with significant exaggeration and garble. Gordon Cooper's dramatized 'improvement' of his own experiences and of rumors he heard at the Officers Club places him towards the McClelland end, in my view.

HI Jim

Thank you, I truly am befuddled by those that bleat amazing revelations without confirmation, and expect to be taken at their word. I would agree with the above, the relationships seem imaginary, but where you say people like Donna Hare-Tietze may be somewhere in the middle, again I find this confusing as Donna Hare has sided with Stephen Greer as opposed to the people who actually study space. Greer, as you would know, is a physician, and UFOLogist. I find the UFO being airbrushed out claim, threats to Astronauts and her insistance that incredible resolution was quite possible when it was not rather large flags that she is just another crackpot. As she did work at NASA, how can she remain so incredibly credulous? Does she not have direct access to people and data that can answer such questions definitively?

It seems strange to me that people can enter a forum like this, and manage to speak with experts such as yourself, yet some of the people actually at NASA seem to have less information than I can find on the other side of the planet? And come up with ridiculously wild tales to support a vague instance. How can this happen? Honestly, I would give my eye teeth to work at NASA in such a capacity (try me! I'd do it t! :lol: ) and I would be in a seventh heaven walking by Astronauts and Shuttles, and would suck in information like a Dyson. It honestly strikes me as nothing short of bewildering that someone can work at NASA and come out the other end with the sort of tales Donna Hare has to tell. Shouldn't she be too smart to believe Greer's nonsense? And just as a prerequisite to work in such a fine place? Or could perhaps her "ET Encounter" have relieved her of objectivity? May I ask if you could express where you see the difference between them. Donna strikes me as worse because she implicate NASA, which I always find pretty ridiculous. That just seems to me like implicating Arrnott's Biscuits or something. NASA is well policed by the amateur community, not to menton that Private Enterprise is keeping up with NASA just fine. Branson is really making a name for himself. It is hard to pardon such gross inaccuracies from people whom I feel really ought to know better. I really do not know what depth of analysis Jacobs was capable, of, and I suppose could have made an honest mistake, but I cannot see that being the case with Donna.

Regardless you certainly have well established the validity of claims made by Clark McClelland.

Cheers.

You have to wonder though, "what is his inspiration"? The man had a career that most of us would be envious of, got to meet the most amazing people and was at the forefront of technology. His wackiness seems to precede the Challenger accident, so perhaps that is not something that affected him mentally, so one tends to wonder, what gives?

And surely this claim is to be considered when other "whistleblowers" tend to emerge?

Money is a motivating factor for many.

McClelland had his career cut short at NASA, which no doubt lowered his pension due to years of service reduction.

Take a look at what he is selling on his website. Scroll down the list to see the astronomical prices for NASA paraphenalia.

http://www.stargate-chronicles.com/web/

McClelland had his career cut short at NASA, which no doubt lowered his pension due to years of service reduction.

Take a look at what he is selling on his website. Scroll down the list to see the astronomical prices for NASA paraphenalia.

http://www.stargate-...nicles.com/web/

http://en.wikicollecting.org/top-ten-most-expensive-items-of-apollo-11-memorabilia

:whistle:

It's not at all clear what 'career at NASA' he had.

He worked for a string of contractors, both NASA and DoD for decades, but as far as can be told, never directly as a NASA employee.

Each contractor handled its own pension plan.

Just because McClelland said he deserved a 'NASA pension' is no evidence, in my book, that he ever had one.

http://www.stargate-...nicles.com/web/

This is sad -- those look like autopen-signed standard NASA-issue posters and lithographs.

Two specifics:

NASA Poster Gemini 4 EVA

This is not a NASA MFA poster. It is still RARE. It shows the Titan Gemini 4 first historic NASA EVA Space Walk of Astronaut Edward White on June 3, 1965. White would die in the Apollo 1 fire with Astronaut Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee on 27 January 1967. It is 17 by 22 inches in size and in good condition. $1,000.00 Price:

This actually is a poster of an Air Force built 'Manned Maneuvering Unit' backpack test in space, most definitely NOT the gemini-4 EVA [where White only had a hand-held jet-gun to move around].

NASA Hard Hat KSC "Onizuka"

This is the Kennedy Space Center launch pad hard hat ( NOT shuttle flight hardware) of historic value. NASA Astronaut, Ellison Onizuka used it to inspect the Challenger on various occasions during his visits to KSC. Onizuka was my friend and gave this and another hat to me. I cannot explain why. He knew that I had the highest respect for all astronauts and was also a friend of Astronaut Judy Resnik. Both were members of the Challenger STS-51L crew. On January 28, 1986. I was involved in the Challenger launch. As the Challenger lifted off from pad 39, I watched it gaining speed as I heard the order “Go for throttle up !”. Soon after the Challenger exploded and I witnessed my seven friends die before my eyes. I have cherished this hat from my friend, but, I am getting older and want it to be in the hands of someone that will recognize its value as an important piece of our space program history. $2,500.00

This is stolen NASA property. There is no evidence Onizuka ever wore it. It's sucker bait.

And the phrase McClelland says was an 'order', was actually a status call from Mission Control Houston, 'Go at throttle up', telling the crew that as the shuttle engines had automatically throttled back to full power, all systems looked good. If McClelland really thought it was an 'order' TO the crew that THEY should manually throttle up the engines, he's more clueless than even I had imagined.

I sent the link to Robert Pearlman, who runs the

collectspace.com website on spaceflight memorabilia,

and is a world-recognized expert on evaluating this

kind of stuff, and he just sent me this note:

---------

McClelland e-mails me about once a year trying to peddle this stuff. I think I replied to him once and then decided it wasn't worth my time.

The prices are way out of line, the claims of provenance are almost certainly as false as his other UFO and space claims, and some of the pieces (if authentic) may be ill-gotten (e.g. the water and hard hat might have been pilfered by McClelland from his workplace rather than going through the normal deaccession process).

Some of the pieces are misrepresented. The Skylab "signed" photo he has is the product of the autopen. The Apollo 11 plaque is not autographed; it's a replica. And oddly all his "autographed" Armstrong items cannot be enlarged (or at least won't load here).

Sad really, because some of the pieces may be authentic but given the way they are priced and described, they will never sell — or if they do, it will be the case of McClelland misleading the buyer.

--------

• Like 1

No need to mention me, since I'm no longer going to take part in any more discussions like these.

The whole idea of the thread was to draw you in. Someone's obviously a little sore at what happened on the last NASA thread. Keep well away MacG.

Let them play with themselves. If on the other hand anyone's up for more photo's, footage and space crew testimonies, I won't be found wanting :gun:

• Like 2

Funnily, I was lazily watching an 'Ancient Aliens' episode (yes, please slap me hard, but I was bored at the time!) about links between Hitler and 'UFOs'. Also, how a lot of the German scientists were 'pulled over' to the USA after the end of the war (Operation Paper Clip, I believe?) And, as such, most of the technology about today is just a carry-on from that started / pursued by the 3rd Reich.

Glad I wasn't supping a beverage the moment I read that; Dell would be selling another laptop! ;)

I am so ashamed to admit .. I watch it too....haahaa . That orange guy George ,makes sure nothing is believed

• Like 1

The whole idea of the thread was to draw you in. Someone's obviously a little sore at what happened on the last NASA thread. Keep well away MacG.

Let them play with themselves. If on the other hand anyone's up for more photo's, footage and space crew testimonies, I won't be found wanting :gun:

Zoser, you've already been found wanting. Get back to us when you're willing to consider any evidence that doesn't already confirm what you've been telling your friends and family.