Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were written by Southerners. The Contential Army was commanded by a Southerner. Without the south the US wouldn't be the country it is today. So if you are saying that the US should have been an English colony all along I guess you are correct. I'm not sure most Americans feel that way.

John Adams, John Hancock and Benjamin Franklin were not Southerners, but your post is typical of the Southern mentality.

By the way, my own ancestors also fought in the American Revolution.

Plus a lot of the "fear" surrounding Obama seems to be mostly baseless paranoia. I mean how many threads have we had about how Obama was going to take away everyone's guns? I believe Americans are more heavily armed than ever. Yet the fear remains.

There's a lot of reasonable problems with Obama and his government but these get lost with all the "he's going to destroy the country!!!111" yelling.

I think fear, and the fear of fear, is what drives many people to guns. Fear sells products and media spins that wheel to absurdity.

"By 4 more guns and you be four times safer"

• Like 1

it is all 50 states now want to get out.

I love this statement, because less than 0.1% of the population (and that in Texas, the most successful) signing a petition to secede from the US all 50 states want out. With that kind of superiority complex no wonder you can't stomach loosing an election.

There is a bunch of lunatics collecting signatures in all 50 states, but in view of the success I doubt that they will even get to the State legislative, much less to Washington (except in Texas, of course).

Nobody has filed for secession yet, some people have started a signature collection that does not seem to be very popular except in Texas, that is why we are a little amused about the Lone Star State (or should we say country?).

Really though???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/secession-50-states-_n_2131447.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/12/petitions-to-secede-are-filed-for-23-states-since-/

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/secession-madness-now-40-states-join-petition-fray/

Looks like a hot commodity to me and as Aztek mentioned earlier, now all 50 states have filed, so again, I ask, what's your problem with Texas??

Really though???

http://www.huffingto..._n_2131447.html

http://www.washingto...-states-since-/

http://www.wnd.com/2...-petition-fray/

Looks like a hot commodity to me and as Aztek mentioned earlier, now all 50 states have filed, so again, I ask, what's your problem with Texas??

They are collecting signatures to get a petition together, and that is not the states it is a bunch of lunatic sore looser living in those states. That is not quite the same.

They are collecting signatures to get a petition together, and that is not the states it is a bunch of lunatic sore looser living in those states. That is not quite the same.

That's not an answer... you've already said things like "superiority complex" so you obviously have some preconceived notions about my state so lets get it out...

That's not an answer... you've already said things like "superiority complex" so you obviously have some preconceived notions about my state so lets get it out...

I was referring to the comment that all 50 states wanted out, but if think you are bigger than everybody else that is not a superiority complex.

When you compare that with what the last Republican president did, though, they're still going to have a long way to go to convince many people that Obama is so uniquely dangerous that unprecedented steps may have to be taken.

True that 7's. Finding a balance is difficult, to say the least. I think it was the tone used after the election that was the turn-off. Best described as haughty, or arrogant. With the race being so close, it would have been best for them to enjoy the win and leave it at that.

This will be the first president of the Revived Confederate States of America, Part II.

Yeah, cause these PETITIONS hold so much power.

Edited by Hasina

Yeah, cause these PETITIONS hold so much power.

I'd be very surprised if in most states they got enough signatures to even get them to the guv by Nov 2013,

A law in protest of Obama's win that requires all citizens to change underpants twice a day and to wear them on top of the pants/skirts to verify compliance has much more chance than secession. And I doubt that it is very high there...

The PETITIONS are filed by PEOPLE who wish that their VIEWPOINT and STANCE be viewed by the federal government.

None of the STATE GOVERNMENTS ENDORSE these.

• Like 6

ehm, yes but look at the headline:

Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states

You can file any petition you want right now, no matter if it is the banning of chewing gum or the mandatory drinking of 2 quarts of single malt whiskey on July 4th. And then you can go out and collect signatures. If you have enough signatures the state legislative must consider it or, in some states, pass a referendum on the issue.

But as long as you don't have the minimum signatures, which have to be collected within 12 months, nothing has happened except that somebody is collecting signatures. And in most of the 50 states it will not even reach the state legislative. The only news here is: There are some really sore looser who rather split up the country than accept the decision by the majority.

• Like 1

Nobody has filed for secession yet, some people have started a signature collection that does not seem to be very popular except in Texas,

700 000 signed so far, so yes it is somewhat popular, again reality proves you wrong.

ehm, yes but look at the headline:

Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states

You can file any petition you want right now, no matter if it is the banning of chewing gum or the mandatory drinking of 2 quarts of single malt whiskey on July 4th. And then you can go out and collect signatures. If you have enough signatures the state legislative must consider it or, in some states, pass a referendum on the issue.

But as long as you don't have the minimum signatures, which have to be collected within 12 months, nothing has happened except that somebody is collecting signatures. And in most of the 50 states it will not even reach the state legislative. The only news here is: There are some really sore looser who rather split up the country than accept the decision by the majority.

Assumed majority. Some election issues are just now beginning to surface.

700 000 signed so far, so yes it is somewhat popular, again reality proves you wrong.

Just as Romney was winning by a landslide, I suppose.

That is less than the tea party has members.

• Like 1

Assumed majority. Some election issues are just now beginning to surface.

Every election has issues, in fact that has been so since the discovery of the Supreme Court to settle the elections for us, but in no case those issues were big enough to invalidate the elections. They are just big enough to pass some big fees to grateful lawyers.

The PETITIONS are filed by PEOPLE who wish that their VIEWPOINT and STANCE be viewed by the federal government.

None of the STATE GOVERNMENTS ENDORSE these.

People keep seeming to miss that bit.

That is less than the tea party has members.

lmao, you fail again. according to tea party database, there are about 67000 members.

you just like pulling lies out of your butt, don't you?

lmao, you fail again. according to tea party database, there are about 67000 members.

you just like pulling lies out of your butt, don't you?

Paying members or supporting members? Because the few serious studies conducted say that 67,000 members is at least understated by a factor 10.

But don't let little statistics fool you in your believes.

I should repost it every new page.

The experience around here is that you can post it under every false statement, won't stop the usual suspects.

? Because the few serious studies conducted say that 67,000 members is at least understated by a factor 10.

those studies have about the same weight as your posts, which is 0. if they exsist at all

i know what link you took ,understated by a factor 10, from, it is their assumption, not study.\

stop lying

Edited by aztek

those studies have about the same weight as your posts, which is 0.

i know what link you took ,understated by a factor 10, from it is their assumption, not study.\

stop lying

Believe what you want.

That does not change the facts as I have shown you at least a dozen times.