Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

Simbi Laveau

I've been thinking about the results if the United States broke down into seperate countries and a lot of interesting scenarios popped into my mind.

California and the other coastal states could make a ton of money by charging a tariff on all goods shipped by the landlocked states.

There actually might be wars fought in the southwest over control of water supplies.

Government would actually grow in each state as they added border guards to stop bootlegging/smuggling, a military, and replaced some services that are done strictly by the federal government now (Ambassadors, etc.).

Some states might not opt for a democracy or republic. We might have a theocracy or two and maybe even a corporate owned state.

Some states might decide to further break up and parts might want to join other states.

And of course this is ignoring the logistics of it all. Defaulting on the national debt. Cancelling social security, welfare, etc.

I've been thinking about the results if the United States broke down into seperate countries and a lot of interesting scenarios popped into my mind.

California and the other coastal states could make a ton of money by charging a tariff on all goods shipped by the landlocked states.

There actually might be wars fought in the southwest over control of water supplies.

Government would actually grow in each state as they added border guards to stop bootlegging/smuggling, a military, and replaced some services that are done strictly by the federal government now (Ambassadors, etc.).

Some states might not opt for a democracy or republic. We might have a theocracy or two and maybe even a corporate owned state.

Some states might decide to further break up and parts might want to join other states.

And of course this is ignoring the logistics of it all. Defaulting on the national debt. Cancelling social security, welfare, etc.

I think your premise is flawed big time. The United States of Texas already has open water ways. We wouldn't be paying California for jack...California would have to pay us a tariff to ship their goods through the Gulf of Texas. And we would then just ship them to the States in our Union via trucks. Yah! I like it!

I just assumed you meant California, Oregon and Washington...Florida, the Gulf States, North and South Carolina, they would all join the US of T. lol

I second that. Just because someone has a liberal perspective and a belief system that is...uh...different ( :) )...doesn't make one anti-American...and...Questionmark does present arguments that are based in truth...possibly from a parallel universe...but nonetheless he is not a liar...and name calling like that is just so...well...apart from being against the forum rules...it's just kind of vulgar...now...if I call Obama an out and out liar...which I believe he is...that is kind of different...but when you are calling a classmate, or teammate, or fellow forum member names like that...tsk, tsk... :no:

Joc-- to call Obama an out and out liar is your opinion, in order to establish your argument; otherwise, you will have to evidence your claim with facts. But-- you are certainly entitled/free to hold a belief that he is.(Yay--1st Amendment!) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, nonetheless..

Edited by Sherapy

Joc-- to call Obama an out and out liar is your opinion, in order to establish your argument; otherwise, you will have to evidence your claim with facts. But-- you are certainly entitled/free to hold a belief that he is.(Yay--1st Amendment!) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, nonetheless..

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :):wub:

Obama lied about Single Payer.

Obama lied about Bengazi.

Obama lied about Fast and Furious.

He lied about Reverend Wright.

He lied about Bill Ayers.

He lied about creating jobs.

He cannot tell the truth about anything that has to do with any part of his real agenda because if he did he would never have gotten elected in the first place.

But that is neither here nor there...the point was...that calling other people on the forum 'liars' is unacceptable.

And I can back up to the hilt everything I mentioned about The Bama....but I'm not going to right now because I am tired and it is Holiday time.....

.....Have a Marvy One!

btw...if you ever can break through the iron curtain of California...you might want to consider joining The United States of Texas.

I however, am going to talk to some people about annexing certain parts of California...well...one certain part...okay, San Diego...so, we'll see how that goes. :gun:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :):wub:

Obama lied about Single Payer.

Obama lied about Bengazi.

Obama lied about Fast and Furious.

He lied about Reverend Wright.

He lied about Bill Ayers.

He lied about creating jobs.

He cannot tell the truth about anything that has to do with any part of his real agenda because if he did he would never have gotten elected in the first place.

But that is neither here nor there...the point was...that calling other people on the forum 'liars' is unacceptable.

And I can back up to the hilt everything I mentioned about The Bama....but I'm not going to right now because I am tired and it is Holiday time.....

.....Have a Marvy One!

btw...if you ever can break through the iron curtain of California...you might want to consider joining The United States of Texas.

I however, am going to talk to some people about annexing certain parts of California...well...one certain part...okay, San Diego...so, we'll see how that goes. :gun:

And you can give us some quotations to those lies?

The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.

surely that's only sensible, since they have more money than poor people.

Obama has only four years left.

No need for Texas to go psycho, if Obama is their concern.

Obama has only four years left.

No need for Texas to go psycho, if Obama is their concern.

that's the thing. It seems a bit, well, Drama queen, to stomp off from the entire United States just because their preferred choice of president wasn't elected. Unless they really think, like some of the more Paranoid do, that Obama will sign legislation to make himself Dictator for Life (twirls moustache).

• Like 1

and some hypothetical dictator-for-life would let Texas seceed? or stay independent?

and some hypothetical dictator-for-life would let Texas seceed? or stay independent?

You always have to have present that future for most Americans is the next payday, many don't think past that.

• Like 1

And you can give us some quotations to those lies?

Here are a few:

LINK

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration,” the president said.

In actuality, the Fast and Furious program was started in October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency.

LINK

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years...has a long history of ..."inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

LINK

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC.

If anyone is interested in actually seeing ALL of the lies Obama has told, you can do what I did and just google Obama Lies...or just go to this LINK.

Edited by joc

Here are a few:

LINK

“I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration,” the president said.

In actuality, the Fast and Furious program was started in October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency.

LINK

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years...has a long history of ..."inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

LINK

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC.

If anyone is interested in actually seeing ALL of the lies Obama has told, you can do what I did and just google Obama Lies...or just go to this LINK.

A lie is something you have told intentionally, so link?

He knew his affiliation with Bill Ayers was more than just 'some guy in the neighborhood'...that was an intentional lie.

He knew that the Bengazi attacks were not because of an obscure youtube video...hi intentionally lied about that for almost two weeks.

He knew Fast and Furious wasn't started under Bush...he intentionally lied about that.

He knew ObamaCare was destined to become Single Payer...he has always been a proponent of Single Payer..so when he says that he isn't and that Single Payer isn't right for America...he is intentionally lying about that.

• Like 1

it's called "Being economical with the truth" in Politician-speak.

• Like 1

People are still laughing at the idea of Texas seceding.

texas.jpg

I'd say that makes it pretty feasible. ^

If Vatican City can operate independently, so can Texas.

Considering Texas once was a country from 1836-1846, I'd say it's not impossible.

And that was before modernization..

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 1

People are still laughing at the idea of Texas seceding.

texas.jpg

I'd say that makes it pretty feasible. ^

If Vatican City can operate independently, so can Texas.

Considering Texas once was a country from 1836-1846, I'd say it's not impossible.

And that was before modernization..

As long as 1/3 of it does not resemble Germany in productivity and industrialization my bet would be that it has a chance to become a country slightly more prosperous than Mexico.

Texas has a GDP of $1,307,432,000,000. Mexico has $1,032,224,000,000. So if Texas were to cede it would be the 13th richest country in the world. Assuming of course that it's economy doesn't change from the secession, Texas probably could successfully form it's own country. Of course Texas leaving with its 34 red electoral votes would pretty much guarantee the end of the Republican Party in the greater United States. Which to me would be ironic considering the first republican president, Lincoln, fought the civil war to preserve the Union.

Texas has a GDP of $1,307,432,000,000. Mexico has $1,032,224,000,000. So if Texas were to cede it would be the 13th richest country in the world. Assuming of course that it's economy doesn't change from the secession, Texas probably could successfully form it's own country. Of course Texas leaving with its 34 red electoral votes would pretty much guarantee the end of the Republican Party in the greater United States. Which to me would be ironic considering the first republican president, Lincoln, fought the civil war to preserve the Union.

If Texas seceded, all of the red states would join, but that's all a moot point...it isn't going to happen. And the Republican Party is already dead.

Again, I don't really foresee Texas actually seceding.

The petition isn't representative of any legitimate officials of Texas. It's purely civilian.

But there are always options for territories as large as Texas, with Texas being the second largest state.

Edited by Drayno

I've said it before but ill say it again... I dont think the people creating this petition nor 90% of the ones who signed it actually want to split from the US... I think it was done as a wake up call... letting the administration know that people arent happy with the way things are going and we need real change, not cheap talk... I find it utterly hilarious to see some of the people on this site talking about how we should just cut the petitioners out of everything and group them together... and I find it sickening that the confederacy and race were some of the first things brought up in this conversation... I thought that we as a nation had strived to move beyond the boundaries of race and were moving forward to make a bigger, brighter and better future for EVERYONE as a whole.... its hard to see any forward progress when the race card is the first thing brought up... "oh, they didnt vote for Obama, must be a racist"... How about this, im the furthest thing you will find from a racist and I didnt vote for Obama... I dont like his policies, I dont like the fact that he is killing this country with a slow strangle hold... I dont like the fact that he is putting the government fingers deeper and deeper into every thing in the US. Ok... im done ranting... nothing I say will penetrate or reverberate with any of you anyway... Back to your partisan complaints....

• Like 1

The petition isn't representative of any legitimate officials of Texas. It's purely civilian.

And the Anti-British revolutionaries were what?

It's not as if the civilian hasn't stood up to the government and thumbed it's nose and won in the continental United States.

I've said it before but ill say it again... I dont think the people creating this petition nor 90% of the ones who signed it actually want to split from the US... I think it was done as a wake up call... letting the administration know that people arent happy with the way things are going and we need real change, not cheap talk... I find it utterly hilarious to see some of the people on this site talking about how we should just cut the petitioners out of everything and group them together... and I find it sickening that the confederacy and race were some of the first things brought up in this conversation... I thought that we as a nation had strived to move beyond the boundaries of race and were moving forward to make a bigger, brighter and better future for EVERYONE as a whole.... its hard to see any forward progress when the race card is the first thing brought up... "oh, they didnt vote for Obama, must be a racist"... How about this, im the furthest thing you will find from a racist and I didnt vote for Obama... I dont like his policies, I dont like the fact that he is killing this country with a slow strangle hold... I dont like the fact that he is putting the government fingers deeper and deeper into every thing in the US. Ok... im done ranting... nothing I say will penetrate or reverberate with any of you anyway... Back to your partisan complaints....

You don't place a wake up call because you lost the elections, that is only a sign of sore loosing.

• Like 1

that's the trouble with democracy; people have to accept, or at least grin and bear, what the majority choose, and in this case the majority (narrowly) chose the other lot. If there was a Republic of Texas, would it, i wonder, would it allow opposition parties, or would it be a one (Republican) party state?